Bala

Hunger, Thirst and Health, 11 suggestions!

I can understand the thought process behind adding the new hunger and thirst systems, as it adds a little more realism and also, people have to spend money on things other than cars and businesses make money. Rather than just complain, I'm offering some alternative solutions.

However, this system as is fails on a fundamental level because it doesn't add to the roleplay, it takes away from it.
You shouldn't have to suspend your roleplay with someone, because you need to go and eat/drink or you die.

This is a suggestion forum so here are my proposed changes.

• You should have to drink every 6 IRL hours you spend in the server and eat every 12 IRL hours.
    Why? Because in real life, the human body can survive for weeks without food but not even nearly as long without water. This also on a practical level means you have to visit a store every couple of days if you don't stack up, since your average player plays like 2-3 hours per day. I'm fine with the health decrease, not fine with the quickness that the meters deplete.

• Assign all food and drink options a value for replenishment and post the values on the forums. 
    Why? Because in all honesty, the system as it is is going to be confusing for less clued in players and you want players to focus on actually playing the game instead of trying to.

• Add in foods and/or drinks that replenish both, even if they are in unequal ways i.e. Oranges (it'd still give you more hunger back than thirst but it's full of juice, so it would give you some back)
    Why? Because it adds variety to the system and different items for different needs is a good thing.

• Add in the ability to force-feed people who are zip-tied or cuffed.
    Why? This hunger/thirst system is going to be a nightmare not just for cops and DOC who have a duty of care for prisoners/suspects but also for people kidnapping people. You shouldn't have to worry about a suspect dying on you when you are just doing your job, there are more important things to be worrying about. Same goes for kidnap victims, you can still maintain control of the situation and you don't need to go OOC asking them to eat or whatever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Display someone's ID in a pale pink if they are low on hunger/thirsty/low health.
    Why? I know we have the limping animation, but first of all that doesn't work for hunger/thirst, only for health and also, if you are in a vehicle for example, you won't see it. The ID is obviously OOC but it would offer an indicator of visual signs that a person isn't feeling well and needs something. The more things visually we can show in the server, the better.

OR

• Add in an Auto /ame every 5 minutes that shows that the person is hungry or thirsty
    Why? Again, the more you can see about another person, the more information it gives you to work with. 5 minutes wouldn't lead to too much spam, even with a lot of people around but would inform people interacting with that person that they aren't doing good. If someone was really thirsty they'd be asking you for nudes show signs of dehydration or if they were hungry, they'd show signs of hunger.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Remove Cannibalism from the server.
    Why? I get this system was brought in to simulate real life a little more but then you have the ability to cook people and it just seems foolish. It's not a survival server and it's not DayZ, there's no apocalypse, it's just a regular day roleplaying server. If you give people the option to do stuff like this, they'll do it just because. Not because it fits their roleplay but because they think it's funny or because it's edgy. I'm sure there are cannibals out there in America, but not really that many. Cutting people up to dispose of bodies is great, but cooking them and eating them is too dumb.

• Add Saline IVs for the Medics
    Why? This will bring another element to medical roleplay in the server, allowing medics to treat patients with dehydration in a more realistic manner than just giving them a drink or whatever they have to hand. It's not going to heal them directly, but it would stop them from dying. 

• Alter the Food/Drink Weight Depending on the Food/Drink
    Why? A burger or water bottle shouldn't weigh more than an AK, come on now. 

• Being injured by gunshots would deplete your thirst.
    Why? When you're shot, your body starts losing blood (obviously) but also, the shock causes you to sweat and these things combined can lead to dehydration. It makes sense that it would impact you this way and combined with the Saline suggestion above, it would go nicely.

• Add in the Soda/Vending Machines as mini buyable businesses and allow you to get sodas and candy from them.
    Why? There are a lot of machines on the server and I think that for people that don't have millions to spend, that would like to own a business, it would be a cool idea for them to be able to dispense with sodas and candy bars. 

The candy bars and sodas aren't going to give you as much back as say burgers and white bottles, but they'll tidy you over or help you out if you need a quick boost.

They would have a stock, that the owners would need to replenish.
    To replenish them, they'd have to go to the stores and either buy some packs of sodas or maybe like some candy bar bumper packs, go to their machines and fill them using a command.
  • Like 5

I like most of these ideas, will forward them to NBDY 😄

I also think, that low level of food and hydration could increase fatigue and prevent the player from sprinting, while staying well fed could allow you to regenerate your health slowly (if you feel it's realistic enough, you can add to the the points in the OP).

• PogU 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.