Mr2Peu

Aiming dot.

Hello,

Based on what I was able to understand, the aiming dot was removed so the game will be more "realistic".

Now let me try to explain why I think that's not something good:
1. Removing the dot doesn't make the game more realistic because in real life you are not seeing yourself 3D when you aim a gun, also if you go first person perspective..let's be honest, all the time I have the feeling that I'm a midget in first person. It's way too unrealistic the first person perspective at this moment so nobody is using it. Also in real life you can keep the gun in your hand as you wish and that can help you to have a better aim than you have in game.

2. There are some guys and I also know a few of them in game who have build in crosshair monitor who have a big advantage against the other players. Others just prefer to use a third party program to have the aiming dot replaced with a crosshair. That can easy be considerate cheating and it's against the server rules. The problem here is that there are a lot of people tempted to try a third party program for that crosshair and a few of them are using that already.

3. Desync is already a HUUUUUUUUGE problem in a gun fight, even if you hit somebody they are not taking damage. Sometimes when I feel like there is desync in a gunfight, I aim close to the real target, next to it, and they got hit. Removing the dot make this problem even worst. Maybe I was good with no dot if the server desync was not that bad like it is at this moment. 

So the long story short is that you should bring back the aiming dot and if you want to make the server more realistic, there are a lot of other things what should be improved and focus on. 

Thank you,

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

-1. Thought I would hate it when I saw the notes, but at the end I like how it is so hard to aim now.

Changing this because of people breaking rules by using software to get a crosshair should not be a reason. They should reconsider why they play on a RP server and not GTA Online.

Edited by Yputi
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1. Youre right, we don't have a third person perspective. We have a first person perspective irl and if it makes you feel like a midget in game, that's unfortunate. But that's realism, buy a Red dot, go first person, enjoy your dot. Or just learn to shoot 3rd person without a dot.

2. Report them - nobody wants cheaters/exploiters on the server.

3. The situation is the same as previously. You still have to cater for the De-Sync, but you just don't have a dot. So you have to be more precise and learn via muscle memory where your shots will go.

Your points suggest you want it changed because removing the dot has greatly increased the skill curve when it comes to aiming, but that was the intended result.

28 minutes ago, Teca said:

And what to do with players with built in crosshair in their monitors which bought them long before crosshair got removed?

Understand that things cant always be 100% how you want them.

Much rather 95% don't have the dot than 0%.

This particular point is irrelevant anyway as its all to do with the trust placed in the community, and only the player themselves has that power to make a decision on whether to play fair or keep that Counter Strike mindset. Pretty sure somebody put up a report and had a dot on their recording and they were caught out majorly for it? (Could be wrong).

The other two points are still pertaining to a skill curve from the removal of the dot, which is exactly why it was removed.

Edited by KurtLaser

2 hours ago, KurtLaser said:

Understand that things cant always be 100% how you want them.

Much rather 95% don't have the dot than 0%.

This particular point is irrelevant anyway as its all to do with the trust placed in the community, and only the player themselves has that power to make a decision on whether to play fair or keep that Counter Strike mindset. Pretty sure somebody put up a report and had a dot on their recording and they were caught out majorly for it? (Could be wrong).

The other two points are still pertaining to a skill curve from the removal of the dot, which is exactly why it was removed.

There was indeed a report done by someone who happen to have a dot on his screen. That person indeed got punished.

Sadly we can't keep track of what adventages everyone have.

Actually, I do have one as well. I have an ultra wide monitor which gives me a greater POV, but that is no software. 

Just adding it back because people "cheat" is something I am really against at. And at the end, people who have it can't really make reports themselves anymore. Also what I mentioned earlier, they should realize it's a RP server, no CSGO to or whatever.

This person I quoted is right in some way imo but we can't be sure everyone follows the rules, but at least some, if not the most, do it. Adjusting a rule so everyone follows it because they are already breaking it isn't a way it should work. 

Edited by Yputi
  • Upvote 1

+1

With the hunting coming out, it would make sense to either add the dot back or make it so when you are in first person, the iron sights line up.  I'm not sure how government employees are supposed to be able to hunt with no way to aim a gun and red dots being illegal. 

1 hour ago, Eshu said:

+1

With the hunting coming out, it would make sense to either add the dot back or make it so when you are in first person, the iron sights line up.  I'm not sure how government employees are supposed to be able to hunt with no way to aim a gun and red dots being illegal. 

As someone else mentioned, it's really just something you have to get used to and train. 

2 hours ago, Yputi said:

As someone else mentioned, it's really just something you have to get used to and train. 

Okay but they should at least change it to when you're in first person the iron sights actually are usable. That's not realistic nor RP like. Right now regular citizens that want to abide by the law have no way of shooting accurately unless we're supposed to hip fire deers lol   

24 minutes ago, Eshu said:

Okay but they should at least change it to when you're in first person the iron sights actually are usable. That's not realistic nor RP like. Right now regular citizens that want to abide by the law have no way of shooting accurately unless we're supposed to hip fire deers lol   

You can make iron sights actually usable via game settings. 

Firing a gun effectively takes practice and realistically a bullet doesn't always go exactly where you intend (there are hundreds of variables that can affect shot placement).  Taking the aiming dot away removes the dumb spoon feeding the game gives you and forces you to develop the skill of shooting.

Edited by Victor Einhart

+1 Currently removing the DOT unrealistically favors automatic weapons and was a massive nerf to pistols.

I personally would like to see the Dot back in general, but specifically on pistols. IRL a person with a heavy weapon should reasonably fear for his life versus a Pistol because it only takes one accurate shot to kill you.  In real life the trade off for fully Automatic gunfire is accuracy and in the current state of the server it still takes like 5 pistol shots to kill anyone so there is hardly a reward for accuracy on pistols while on the flip side automatic fire hardly changed much after the first few shots show you were you are aiming. 

I don't think RolePlay should rely so much on a Gamers ability to aim. This isn't CSGO or GTA5 Online.
Having the DOT did nothing but give you roleplay options and removing the DOT does nothing but REMOVE RolePlay Options. This change favors the gamer with more skill and time behind their specific monitor/setup OOC and moves away from Character ability. We should have the option to Roleplay a better shot than we are at gaming OOC.

• Do you want to Roleplay hitting your target after lining up a shot for 20 second? Because currently first person still gives you a chance to miss, while a dot that turned red assisted with this problem. 
  • Did you want to Roleplay missing your shot but getting very close? Without a dot you have to miss incredibly far just to make sure Desync and your OOC aim doesn't mess it up.   

Personally even tho this change favors me heavily as I am really accustomed to the center of my monitor and have access to Fully automatic weapons ICly, I think this hurts the majority of players and unrealistically nerfs pistols. 

Edited by HighTV
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Mr2Peu said:

Hello,

Based on what I was able to understand, the aiming dot was removed so the game will be more "realistic".

Now let me try to explain why I think that's not something good:
1. Removing the dot doesn't make the game more realistic because in real life you are not seeing yourself 3D when you aim a gun, also if you go first person perspective..let's be honest, all the time I have the feeling that I'm a midget in first person. It's way too unrealistic the first person perspective at this moment so nobody is using it. Also in real life you can keep the gun in your hand as you wish and that can help you to have a better aim than you have in game.

2. There are some guys and I also know a few of them in game who have build in crosshair monitor who have a big advantage against the other players. Others just prefer to use a third party program to have the aiming dot replaced with a crosshair. That can easy be considerate cheating and it's against the server rules. The problem here is that there are a lot of people tempted to try a third party program for that crosshair and a few of them are using that already.

3. Desync is already a HUUUUUUUUGE problem in a gun fight, even if you hit somebody they are not taking damage. Sometimes when I feel like there is desync in a gunfight, I aim close to the real target, next to it, and they got hit. Removing the dot make this problem even worst. Maybe I was good with no dot if the server desync was not that bad like it is at this moment. 

So the long story short is that you should bring back the aiming dot and if you want to make the server more realistic, there are a lot of other things what should be improved and focus on. 

Thank you,

+1 

This post hits the nail on the head.

Point 1 makes a good point in that no one uses first person, furthering the unrealistic scenarios.

Point 2 is huge - too many people have un-recorded Xhairs with their overpowered asus monitors

Point 3 is huge - Desync destroys realism and when you see blood coming out but they aren't hurt... it's all the more worse. Moreover, you get no reward due to desync for hitting shots with no xhair. 

Overall, if the admins care about realism, the crosshair is the last place to start. There is a ridiculous amount of unrealistic features and mechanics that go far beyond crosshair realism. It's a game.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.