Mr2Peu

Aiming dot.

I haven't been shooting much due to me being a government employee, so I haven't really been able to test the change out, but I thought it was strange that the aiming reticle was removed, since it's not just an OOC dot on our screen. Realistically, when you're aiming down the sights of a gun - whether in third person or the clunky first person - you're aiming with either the iron sights or some other kind of sight on your gun, and using that to predict where the bullet will go. The aiming dot in third person is just a representation of what our character would be seeing the iron sights line up with, so I don't get why it was removed. It's not like the dot is pin point accurate either, there's weapon bloom in the game, so shots don't always land on the dot if you're firing quickly. Like others have said this is going to favor "spray and pray" weapons that criminals use, while making it so people with pistols don't stand a chance. It's also going to make it so that people who shoot a lot in game (criminals) will have a big advantage over people who don't, like government employees, which disregards roleplay. If someone has past roleplay that should make them a good shot, or RPs going to the gun range, or other potential RP scenarios, their character would be a good shot. The dot removal potentially ruins that character RP, because now that they can't OOCly see roughly where their bullets will go - despite the fact their character can ICly - they're going to shoot like shit.

It also opens things up way too much for exploitation to give others an advantage. Realistically how many people do you think are going to get in trouble for having a third party crosshair? The only way to be caught is to be stupid enough to upload a video of you using one. Most people aren't going to be that dumb, and will be able to continue using these crosshairs without any sort of repercussions, while rule abiding players are put at a disadvantage. If first person was usable then I'd probably be okay with this change, but first person view in the game is incredibly awkward and not at all like how people actually see the world.

I think the crosshair should be brought back because of these reasons, and if it's really such a big issue then there could be a change made to it where it disappears if someone is firing too quickly, since if you're shooting as fast as possible your aim will be thrown off due to recoil, then people with automatic weapons would have to fire in short bursts in order to maintain accuracy, like in real life, and people with pistols wouldn't be able to spam fire them as fast as possible while remaining accurate despite using a 50 caliber hand cannon.

+1

Edited by Spergburger

If it can be done, perhaps force first-person view when aiming a gun and require the gun to be aimed before it can be fired.

Weapon sync should be possible by having the server sync with data sent by the shooter's client and sending it to the other client (shooter priority), though it can result in you dying despite being behind cover on your screen because of delay.

I can see reasons for and against a crosshair. Unfortunately you can't do much about people cheating by using third-party applications or built-in crosshairs.

Gun fights have been more fun, intense and risky since they removed the dot and I think it makes people think, before engaging in a fight. 

Desync will always be an issue and having a dot doesn't really mitigate that all too much, since desync varies quite drastically. If you know people who are using software then it's your obligation to report them.

It's fun when you have an SMG or an AK and you are shooting at guys with pistols, I agree, they don't have a single chance to win. It's fair for everybody.
It's fun when police spray out everyone without caring about the bullets since they have unlimited ammo and guns available.
It's fun when you finally manage to get a pistol, some big gang member is coming, you try to defend yourself and he spray you out with an ak.

This server should thing at criminals too, not only for PD. Every changed made lately on the server it's for PD.  This is just my opinion at this moment. Criminal gangs are overpowered only if they have 60+ members and chances to stack bullets and guns. 

Honestly I don't enjoy anymore playing on ECRP like I used to do. 

5 minutes ago, Mr2Peu said:

It's fun when you have an SMG or an AK and you are shooting at guys with pistols, I agree, they don't have a single chance to win. It's fair for everybody.
It's fun when police spray out everyone without caring about the bullets since they have unlimited ammo and guns available.
It's fun when you finally manage to get a pistol, some big gang member is coming, you try to defend yourself and he spray you out with an ak.

This server should thing at criminals too, not only for PD. Every changed made lately on the server it's for PD.  This is just my opinion at this moment. Criminal gangs are overpowered only if they have 60+ members and chances to stack bullets and guns. 

Honestly I don't enjoy anymore playing on ECRP like I used to do. 

This is a roleplaying server, it should be about the realistic portrayal of characters.

There were a lot of problems with the server. People could shoot cops, come out of prison and buy a gun from a store. People could kill others, cops would show up and there would be no bodies. People used to have a big chance pistol vs fully automatic firearm.

These haven't been changes "for PD". These have been fixes to increase realism. If you don't enjoy a realistic server, then that's very unfortunate, but it's the way it should be.

Edited by alexalex303

38 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

People used to have a big chance pistol vs fully automatic firearm.

so let's make them to have 0 chances.

A lot of things are unrealistic on this server. 

39 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

There were a lot of problems with the server. People could shoot cops, come out of prison and buy a gun from a store. People could kill others, cops would show up and there would be no bodies. People used to have a big chance pistol vs fully automatic firearm.

This shit happen on a daily basis in America. 😄 Let's be honest.

I'm not here to start a fight, 

42 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

These haven't been changes "for PD". These have been fixes to increase realism. If you don't enjoy a realistic server, then that's very unfortunate, but it's the way it should be.

I 100% agree with you, those changes was made with the idea to make the server more realistic. Now the problem is also those changes are good for PD and bad for criminals.
If you want to have a more realistic server, let's start with the basic things:
1. Make the cars faster. My mk6 goes 240 on the highway. Except the Comet Retro and a few Super Cars, there is not another car what can go over 210.
2. Make cops investigate the situation before they put random charges on people and get them in jail for something what they haven't done.
3. Make a level up system on legal jobs. IRL if you work for 5 years doing the same shit, at some point you will be promoted, which means more money.
4. Get rid of the houses of the banned people or those who are inactive, there are a lot of players homeless. Give those houses to them.
and I have a lot more.

It's a RAGE community, not a Five M one, when changes are made, think about everybody, not only for 50 guys.  

If you want a realistic server, let's make it only first person mode. After 2 hours of first person you will quit the game.

4 hours ago, Mr2Peu said:

so let's make them to have 0 chances.

A lot of things are unrealistic on this server. 

This shit happen on a daily basis in America. 😄 Let's be honest.

In real life a criminal doesn't leave prison, instantly buy a gun and commit another felony resulting in them going back to prison in the span of a few hours. They certainly can't do it multiple times a day. Criminals tend to avoid police.

Just because the US has a high rate of crime does not mean it's realistic for you to shoot them in the face multiple times a day, if you did that in real life they would use lethal force and it is likely you would die or otherwise get caught and sent to prison for a long time - that is undesirable and you should be valuing your life and freedom more than that.

4 hours ago, Mr2Peu said:

100% agree with you, those changes was made with the idea to make the server more realistic. Now the problem is also those changes are good for PD and bad for criminals.

The problem you are having is that you are treating this server as cops and robbers. Good for the PD and bad for criminals? The changes are good for anybody who wants any level of realism, and better for those who are on the side of the law.

If you have a problem with how the police operate, start a suggestion and don't include anything about how they are "overpowered", how criminals have been "unfairly affected by the gun changes" and without claiming that it is realistic to attempt first degree murder on a cop every few hours.

Edited by Linden

1 hour ago, Linden said:
6 hours ago, Mr2Peu said:

In real life a criminal doesn't leave prison, instantly buy a gun and commit another felony resulting in them going back to prison in the span of a few hours. They certainly can't do it multiple times a day. Criminals tend to avoid police.

According to the National Institute of Justice, about 68 percent of 405,000 prisonersreleased in 30 states in 2005 were arrested for a new crime within three years of their release from prison, and 77 percent were arrested within five years. 

This is real life. 

2 minutes ago, Mr2Peu said:

According to the National Institute of Justice, about 68 percent of 405,000 prisonersreleased in 30 states in 2005 were arrested for a new crime within three years of their release from prison, and 77 percent were arrested within five years. 

This is real life. 

Within three years, not three hours.

• Like 1

For example in this video I was trying to switch to first person, look how bad it is, pretty much destroyed my view on the enemy. In top of everything, the enemy don't have a single chance to fight back with his pistol. We just spray out and adjust the aim to kill him, easy for an AR, but a pistol is missing a lot.

2 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

I believe illegal factions can import a scope attachment which can be used in first person as an actual scope. 

No it dosent work in first person , I tried it, it adds a scope on the gun only for good look but can't be used in first person

• Like 1

Huge -1 from me. If you don't know where the middle of your screen is then go to the gun range and practice. We shouldn't add something in that is less realistic and breaks immersion just because a few bad eggs cheat the system. Remember this is about RP, not about winning.

I happy middle ground might be to make the weapon sights line up properly when you go first person, but I'm not sure this is worth the dev effort or even a good idea.

Edited by PolarKC

6 minutes ago, PolarKC said:

Huge -1 from me. If you don't know where the middle of your screen is then go to the gun range and practice. We shouldn't add something in that is less realistic and breaks immersion just because a few bad eggs cheat the system. Remember this is about RP, not about winning.

I happy middle ground might be to make the weapon sights line up properly when you go first person, but I'm not sure this is worth the dev effort or even a good idea.

First person works, you have to scroll up on mouse wheel to zoom in more

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.