Jonny D

Stricter Whitelist + RP Enforcement

I left the community around a month ago (I'm this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bRQaVYHKc0) and recently decided I'd give my reason for leaving as well as my two cents on how to fix it.

I left simply because the RP standards within this community are too low (for me).

(This thread is about acknowledging the community as a whole is very light RP and that based on quantity of server suggestions related to the "issue" there is a large demand for heavier RP)

Now I feel like an explanation and examples at this point almost aren't necessary because this is so widely known. Deep meaningful RP is incredibly rare and not widespread within this community because the current environment does not allow for it. The current whitelist system lets anybody into the server that has a basic understanding of the rules. It does not do a good job of filtering out people who aren't capable of RP, that don’t want to RP, or in otherwords it does not filter out the "gta online" mentality. As long as you can read a brief rulebook, and answer a simple questionnaire, you are able to play the server. I sincerely believe all of the common complaints including, the "hands up this is a rob", "gta online mentality", "PD sucks", etc, all stem from this one root cause.

As a result, a large percentage of the community has no interest or intentions of actual RP. Instead they focus on the game aspect, the GTA online aspect if you will. The vast majority of players are here to obtain virtual $$, to rob as many people on sight, and in general, to "win". The symptoms of this are commonly complained about: "hands up this is a rob", "gta online mentality", "LSPD suks at RP", "robbing simulator", "there isn't enough to do as a citizen", etc etc etc. Robbery scenarios are so common and bland because everybody is playing for the game aspect, to get in shootouts, to flex their epeen and show off how much money they’ve gotten, to win, not to actually RP. There isn't anything to do as a citizen because there is nobody to RP with. Instead of spending time thinking of how they can win whatever RP scenario they are in, or how they can maximize their income, they should instead be focused on developing their character. How would my character act in this scenario? What type of relation/interaction would my character seek with this person that I've just met. How can I create an interesting interaction between all of these dynamics? Do these questions go through the majority of our community members heads while in an altercation with the PD? The answer is no.

The effects of the low RP standards can be seen in all factions on the server, including PD. I've spent some time in PD, reaching POII before quitting.  I must say Osborn does a very good job with this faction given the conditions. With that being said, this faction still suffers the effects of low RP standards caused by a bad whitelist system. Like everyone else, members of the PD are playing to WIN, not to experience quality RP. When interacting with a police officer you will notice that very rarely are they actually there to RP. Very rarely do they get tangled up in RP stories with other citizens or their character development. Most of the time they react in a way that quickly wins them the scenario, throws you in the back of the cruiser, silent ride back to prison. This is in opposition of responding in a way that results in the best RP scenario, don’t rush the situation, let it flow organically and try to enjoy the interaction.

Example: Hostage situation, 2 hostages are being covered by 5 heavily armed individuals on a crane. There are explosives near each hostage ready to be detonated should the police try anything funny. A plan has been carefully thought out and executed, there are vehicles parked blocks away and the criminals have parachutes ready for a quick escape. Contact is being made with police through a note left at the PD that contains a number to somebody able to communicate to the hostage takers.

Result: SWAT shows up and slowly snipes all the criminals, both hostages die.

Sound familiar? That's because this happens all the time. I have this exact scenario recorded. Being in PD on my alt, I messaged the SWAT leader inquiring about this. He responded by telling me to message him in the future next time I want to commit a crime like this so that they know it is me and they will engage in actual RP. Now this isn't the PD's fault and I don't blame them at all for having this mentality because the crim RP is also VERY low. I've spent most of my time on my crim, leading multiple factions including the now dead "L'Ultima Famiglia". PD is forced to react this way because there are too many shit shallow RP attempts at "money grabs" that would run rampant if they didn't. PD doesn’t attempt to actually RP with the citizens because they know there is a very low likelihood of actually getting decent quality back. The majority of the time they will just get some troll crim pissed off because he got arrested accusing of rulebreaks, etc. This is the same thing with all factions, LSPD, EMS, etc etc.

I've tried leading a faction, starting it from nothing and growing it to a decent size with 40+ active members. I was not able to achieve the RP standards I wanted within this faction because quality RPers on the server are far too rare. The majority of the server, and thus the pool of people I had to recruit from were people only interested in running drug labs, robbing people, or in other words the "gta online" aspects. They were not content doing a well thought out RP scenario if it did not result in them getting a large payout. It was also hard to develop them because we had very high turnover with many people leaving to join the zerg crim groups (Zetas, etc). Think to yourself why do people join zerg crim groups, is it for the quality RP that they provide? The whitelist system and rule enforcement is not sufficient resulting in low RP standards throughout the community. This isn't any particular person or factions fault, this is a community problem. What I’ve described above is a cycle of non-rp, an environment where RP cannot exist. EMS doesn’t RP with its patients because they know their patients won’t RP back, etc.

Now moving on to how to fix the problem. The issue will not be resolved by revising the rules to fear RP. Drastic changes need to be made to the way the community is managed and RP is enforced. The server has a flow in (people joining) and a flow out (people leaving or getting banned). We need to restrict the “flow in” first and enforce a little bit stricter on the back end too. There should be no such thing as a 5th time non-rp offense. If people demonstrate they are not here for RP, they should be removed from the community. If your whitelist system isn’t strong enough there will be far too much work for the admins to do in terms of enforcement. You might find that they spend endless hours reviewing the same type of reports over and over. Sound familiar? The solution is a stronger whitelist system, over time the baddies will filter out through, and the ratio of RPers to gta onliners will improve.

I will address what is likely on the community leaders mind: I know being a light RP server draws a broader audience and possibly even generates more revenue for the server by having more people online and thus more donations for VIP, etc. It keeps the server at the top of the list so that we have a good flow in of people, though a high inflow isn’t as important when you are retaining more. Regardless, I bring a second solution. Keep the current light RP server as is. Add a second server reserved for serious RP. Once you play on the light RP server and demonstrate good RP, character backstory, and development, you get whitelisted for the second server. Following this suggestion and you get to keep the large player count as well as keep your core "serious RP" community around by catering to both. Now is a perfect time to do it after the twitch influx of people. Breaking 60-70 people off the main server for a second server won’t move it down the list. The second server will serve as the golden standard for RP. It will push people on server 1 to demonstrate better RP, if for nothing more than to try and get whitelisted for server 2.

This post is constructive criticism with a suggestion solution. I am not blindly whining or blaming people. I hope that if you reply to this thread you will also keep it constructive. I give my opinion in hopes that others will agree and perhaps we can make some positive changes and improve as an RP community. I've spent a decent amount of time on the server and have had some good times. There certainly are some great RPers within this community, despite being the vast minority. I'd love for ECRP to be able to also offer a quality RP experience and personally believe these changes are necessary to ensure the longevity of the community.

Also if you've made it this far I'd like to apologize for the horrible run-on sentences and unorganized thoughts contained in this thread.

Edited by Jonny D
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 2

+1 

I quickly realized from the replies on my ''LSPD RP overhaul and standards of RP'' thread that this wasn't just a problem within the Police Department, but a community problem as you described. 

There is definitely space to improve RP and still allow players to be criminals, but the level of RP should be elevated to a very high degree. As you mentioned, there is this toxic mentality about winning, getting the most money, raiding and robbing 24/7 that essentially transforms the server from Hardcore RP to a Cops and Robbers server. 

It is especially disappointing seeing as I come from the old school SAMP servers that focused on very heavy RP, so to see a server advertise itself as hardcore, serious RP with a whitelist and quiz system, but then being met with low RP at almost every scenario is extremely disappointing. Having said this, I do agree that some major change is needed on a community level and I want to help as much as possible.

Edited by Kyle White Raven
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kyle White Raven said:

+1 

I quickly realized from the replies on my ''LSPD RP overhaul and standards of RP'' thread that this wasn't just a problem within the Police Department, but a community problem as you described. 

There is definitely space to improve RP and still allow players to be criminals, but the level of RP should be elevated to a very high degree. As you mentioned, there is this toxic mentality about winning, getting the most money, raiding and robbing 24/7 that essentially transforms the server from Hardcore RP to a Cops and Robbers server. 

It is especially disappointing seeing as I come from the old school SAMP servers that focused on very heavy RP, so to see a server advertise itself as hardcore, serious RP with a whitelist and quiz system, but then being met with low RP at almost every scenario is extremely disappointing. Having said this, I do agree that some major change is needed on a community level and I want to help as much as possible.

Thanks for the input and good reply!

"There is definitely space to improve RP and still allow players to be criminals" -Absolutely. People RPing criminals is not a problem in anyway. I would love to be involved in any form of criminal RP at just about any point as long as the RP is of the quality that it is fun, interesting, and engaging for all parties. We all know that this isn't the case at all, however. Give a gun to an experienced RPer such as yourself and they will use it as a tool to create fun RP situations; Give a gun to a gta online person who joined the server to make money and pwn noobs and they will actively terminate all RP scenarios in their vicinity with it.

Solution:

Make guns harder to get. No I don't mean raise the price of them. That doesn't fix the problem that just makes it more necessary to grind for money, worsening the problem. Remove all guns from the public. Give respected community member(s) known to exhibit and encourage great RP a gun whitelist and allow them to sell it. If this member is playing for RP (and not to make money) they will only sell to good RPer's and not just to make $$. This will results in guns in the hands of those who are able to seek out the whitelist holder, form some sort of relationship through RP, etc, instead of in the hands of COD players who just joined, farmed up some money from the labs or quickly joined Zetas.

Yes there will be many people crying about not having guns and how the street price has skyrocketed. This will be the case as we try and shift the community mentality. When average RP standards are higher you won't rely on having a gun to have fun. You will be constantly interacting with different interesting and unique characters that you meet. The process in which to obtain the gun will actually be fun, having to meet different characters and RPing with them until finding somebody who seems like they might sell. This is in opposition in the way it is now, which is farm labs/robbing until you have enough money to head on down to the nearest store.

This is the general mentality we need when choosing server rules, systems, and even when picking admins.

39 minutes ago, Kyle White Raven said:

+1 

ECRP isn't heavy roleplay. That's false advertisement. It's somewhere along light - medium roleplay similar to NGRP from SA-MP. This level of roleplay has it's own fans/playerbase.

I'm into heavy roleplay myself so I would definitely love to see ECRP venture into that direction by enforcing stricter rules and application filter. It needs to be done soon because several large FiveM 'ultra' heavy rp communities (supported by bunch of twitch streamers) are making a switch to Rage soon and that would definitely have an impact on ECRP playerbase.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NoobDude said:

ECRP isn't heavy roleplay. That's false advertisement. It's somewhere along light - medium roleplay similar to NGRP from SA-MP. This level of roleplay has it's own fans/playerbase.

I'm into heavy roleplay myself so I would definitely love to see ECRP venture into that direction by enforcing stricter rules and application filter. It needs to be done soon because several large FiveM 'ultra' heavy rp communities (supported by bunch of twitch streamers) are making a switch to Rage soon and that would definitely have an impact on ECRP playerbase.

Almost entirely agree (I think ECRP has shifted away from medium towards light RP). If ECRP wants to retain their playerbase I agree this addition is very necessary and soon too as you described. ECRP has the advantage over these communities if they are able to provide this service before the others make the switch to rage.

The effects of the low RP standards can be seen in all factions on the server, including PD. I've spent some time in PD, reaching POII before quitting.  I must say Osborn does a very good job with this faction given the conditions. With that being said, this faction still suffers the effects of low RP standards caused by a bad whitelist system. Like everyone else, members of the PD are playing to WIN, not to experience quality RP. When interacting with a police officer you will notice that very rarely are they actually there to RP. Very rarely do they get tangled up in RP stories with other citizens or their character development. Most of the time they react in a way that quickly wins them the scenario, throws you in the back of the cruiser, silent ride back to prison. This is in opposition of responding in a way that results in the best RP scenario, don’t rush the situation, let it flow organically and try to enjoy the interaction.

About the PD you are right they only play to win , they don't care about IC story's or anything els . If they see a civilian only thing what they will do is arrest him for who cares what for  .

Low RP you can see almost all the time .. 

• Like 1

This post is painfully true. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this server is hardly an RP server anymore, its a cops and robbers server with a handful of people trying to actually rp. I'm pretty sure I can count the number of people I actually had a real RP scenario with in this last week on one hand. I've been roleplaying since SAMP back in 2011 and not a single server from those days was ever this chaotic, not even the light rp servers, people would actually rp in those. Here though? Very rarely the case. Like I said it's like a cops and robbers server, if you go play one the resemblance isn't that far off at all. I find it sad these new people are waiting weeks to join only to see the RP quality is terrible, I've gotten better RP out of Gmod DarkRP and that is saying a LOT.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Corbin_Simm said:

This post is painfully true. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this server is hardly an RP server anymore, its a cops and robbers server with a handful of people trying to actually rp. I'm pretty sure I can count the number of people I actually had a real RP scenario with in this last week on one hand. I've been roleplaying since SAMP back in 2011 and not a single server from those days was ever this chaotic, not even the light rp servers, people would actually rp in those. Here though? Very rarely the case. Like I said it's like a cops and robbers server, if you go play one the resemblance isn't that far off at all. I find it sad these new people are waiting weeks to join only to see the RP quality is terrible, I've gotten better RP out of Gmod DarkRP and that is saying a LOT.

You are right . 

Agreed, I've left ECRP already due to the low standard RP. 

Continues VDM/DM occurrences (now rulebreakers will always be a thing, but having it happen 8 to 12 times a day is not normal anymore).

Broken VOIP which causes a lot of miscommunication (just go text-based if you can't fix the issue?)

Everyone has a gun, and I mean literally fucking everyone has a gun. Only people without are the 800-1000 exp players.

Police system is broken as fuck which many can agree with me. My friend got shot at for driving in a similar car as me (the fuck?)

RP standards are almost 0 to literally just go around killing everyone.

NBDY, fix up

• Upvote 2

It is really interesting to see what others see in the server, so many good points in this thread. I'm new to the server, been here about a week and I'm really considering not getting involved now before I waste my time. The server apprears to have huge potential but the lack of RP from the police is ridiculous. They literally just stop you and fine you. Apparently, you can set up bank heists and prison breaks with admins but i imagine this is only reserved for experienced players or streamers. The basic city jobs are nothing, they provide no RP, little incentive to replay them and just seem like a drag. 

Where are the stealable money trucks, the faction of guards hired to protect them, why is nobody else able to buy gas stations and such its a monopoly, where are the police blockades on gang hideouts and criminal busts. There is just not a lot going on. Most just gather at the bank and talk shit. The server can best be described in two ways. Cops vs Robbers, not everyone does this but a lot do. Or as a GTA chatroom, with no attractions working, no shooting range, fairies nothing., It is hard to RP as a citizen if all you are able to do is play poker and be robbed. 

Why can it not be made mandatory to join a player faction? so that a player can never be without a faction, when they leave a player faction they default back to one of the city jobs. However, these player ran factions would be run similar to Corps in EveOnline, treated with respect for their services. Player factions could include, Security Firms, Taxi Firms, Bank and Bank Loan, Mechanics, Customs, Lawyers and Solicitors, Plumbers and electricians could be added and houses take damage over time. There are just so many RP roles that could be implemented. 

So a Bank Teller is someone has chosen that corp and gets paid a wage, then instead of using /take salary, you go to speak to the bank teller.   If the bank teller leaves the bank location then it can just revert back to /take salary, when they ware to return they tend to customers at a bank of their choosing. They receive wages only for the time they are at the bank. This is just a rough idea would need major balancing and it just a thought. but essential requires players to have a fixed role within the city, thus adding to the life within the city. Just having a q at the bank could lead to people pushing in, people pushing in the q leads to players, not like each other and boom, RP is born. From standing ina q lol 

Anyways this is just the thoughts of a new player so, take it as you will. 

On 3/31/2019 at 10:19 AM, Jonny D said:

Most of the time they react in a way that quickly wins them the scenario, throws you in the back of the cruiser, silent ride back to prison. This is in opposition of responding in a way that results in the best RP scenario, don’t rush the situation

Just want to talk about this point real quick.  The reason this happens is because if you sit around and RP with somebody on scene, it is inevitable that people will wander in and disrupt things either by walking past clear barricades saying DO NOT CROSS, collide at full speed into your cruiser because they're going 200kph in a 70 zone and refuse to slow down, or roll up in their Contender full of guys just to shoot you because they think (either correctly or incorrectly) the rules allow them to therefore they are compelled to fire off their guns.  Trying to RP when everyone is out to make you miserable is impossible.

I'm not trying to excuse this behaviour, but this is the reality of the situation.  I honestly don't really care if I die on duty because I don't lose anything, but it's disappointing to be trying to put in the effort everybody says they want, and then suddenly people show up and take a shit on it.

2 minutes ago, Victor Einhart said:

Just want to talk about this point real quick.  The reason this happens is because if you sit around and RP with somebody on scene, it is inevitable that people will wander in and disrupt things either by walking past clear barricades saying DO NOT CROSS, collide at full speed into your cruiser because they're going 200kph in a 70 zone and refuse to slow down, or roll up in their Contender full of guys just to shoot you because they think (either correctly or incorrectly) the rules allow them to therefore they are compelled to fire off their guns.  Trying to RP when everyone is out to make you miserable is impossible.

I'm not trying to excuse this behaviour, but this is the reality of the situation.  I honestly don't really care if I die on duty because I don't lose anything, but it's disappointing to be trying to put in the effort everybody says they want, and then suddenly people show up and take a shit on it.

You are correct, unfortunately, this had to be an effort put by both civilians and police. 

Havent been here long, but here is my two cents about how you might improve RP, without strict White List. What I suggest would allow as many to enter (after passing the current quiz/barriers to entry), but also force them to prove they are in the server for the right reasons.

I suggest simply limiting what they are allowed to do as a "NEW PLAYER". I think it is a little silly that new players cant be robbed, but they can use horrible RP and rob others. And get into groups of 2-4 new players, grab a bobby-pin, or just pay real money for a car, then wildly fly around robbing people. This in my opinion is what kills the server.

Force them to RP until they get past new player status. No robberies, maybe even no guns, no bought cars until they get 5k XP, if they want to be a criminal, fine, but they have to find an established gang or crew, roll along, provide a look out etc., but can't directly rob people until they prove they can RP properly.

Understandably, some will just grind their way to 5k, then start acting like fools. But, I think those who come into the server and immediately want to play GTA ONLINE with 300 players won't stick around, and won't want to put in the effort to get 5k XP (which is not a lot really).

The ones who do stick with it have essentially passed the whitelist test the best way you can, by actually RPing to earn your way in.

PS....I wrote all of this because I am so fed up with trying to play a simple ATM Money transporter civilian, and constantly getting robbed by new players with absolute garbage RP, and nothing I can do about it, except report. It ruins my experience completely. I enjoy playing the civilian, I enjoy being robbed and RPing it with good criminal RPrs, but the server rules/setup make it almost impossible to put up with the BS. I was literally seconds from quitting, until the one good RPr I met (Charlie Nightingale) took 45 minutes of time with me to talk me out of it. 

If it wasn't for him, Eclipse would have lost one of the few civilians trying hard to RP properly (and doesn't care at all about $$$ and leaderboards) that it has.

PSS.....I should also add, I have an MBA, so for the business side of things, everyone knows the quality of the product = more profits. Keeping quality RPrs, who are dedicated to the server, is a better way to make money. People like me are willing to buy VIP, just because we get it, and want to support the people trying to make this work. I don't particularly care about the perks, and would never buy a car with real money, but I would absolutely pay for VIP just to help fund servers etc. Treat your customers well, they will treat you well back, and for a longer duration.

Edited by Jasmine
  • Like 1

Very good feedback from the community and expressing their opinions!

I just want to be clear in pointing out not to blame the PD of the server. This is not a PD problem. PD does have problems, however it is a symptom of the root cause which is low RP SERVER WIDE. I've explained in my post how the current environment is a cycle, a negative feedback loop of bad RP. The solution is not to change how the PD is run, the solution is to change how the server is run.

We need to change the RP standard of the community and we need to do this by only letting people interested in actual RP in and not to tolerate those who do not wish to RP. But first I think we need to voice to the community managers that there is a large portion of us who want a deeper RP experience than what is offered now. I'd also love to hear input from a senior admin+ and their opinion on the topics brought up in this thread.

Edited by Jonny D
  • Like 1

I would 100% +1 in making guns and gun licenses tougher to get for new players. As for robberies and such, I feel like you're already in an uphill battle with some of the mindset of players, who regularly play GTA online. I see my little cousin play GTA from time to time, and it honestly makes me cringe.. Now he's going on about playing RP, and I know for a fact that isn't a good idea.

so many valid points i have meet Charlie Nightgale as well a good friend of mine IC, thats what the Los santos saints were born from was the bad RP we are not perfect and we do make mistakes be we are a group of players dedicated to trying to RP a gang but in a fun way we do our best to help new players coming into the world taking our time to show them around i even bought one a scrap yard car because he was actually RPing and wanted to reward the behavior vs the normal shit talker at the bank my character CJ will often stand at the bank and try to goad the zetas or irish into fist fighting in a back ally drawing in a crowd but far to often do i get met with nothing or they will meet me and have the crowd there only to draw their gun radio for back up and just rob someone instead of engaing in a actual fight and rping it out. i have had personally some really awesome rp situations with Charlie nightingale as well as the marcello family with Luca, dlugi, and tyshawn, and the former LBB now devils rejects we have had meetings and such and actually had around 2 hours of rping not running labs or robbing stores but Just actually RPing about the situations we have found our selves in and it was so much fun to be apart of and thats what i enjoy the most. my least favorite thing is 30 zetas showing up attempting to rob you you make a small attempt to RP they said i told you to shut up and then murder you there is absolutely no fun in getting robbed by a zeta or most of the gangs they are affiliated with them i have not had a single RP situation with their group as of yet. the one time i tried i stole jay gambles car and he was like return it and we could talk but then like i said 30 zetas showed up tailed me and blocked my way back to bank then ram the car i get out try to say something and am told to shut up or i die so i couldnt even RP a situation that would have been absolutely fun to do. butmy best moments have come from finding gangs similar to us that like to actually rp and then we roll together.

i think something that would really help this is limit the number of people allowed to do things in a group like no pixel has a 4 man limit to anything criminal that includes the cops as well now i know thats a low number for a rage server because of how many people are on but with groups like the zetas and the irish it makes it very difficult to act out RP situations with them before a fucking wave of them show up out of nowhere maybe something like 7-10 people to a group and that would allow the cops to have better interactions with gangs and RP better as well without worrying about getting swarmed and shot down. it would also help with some of the toxicity that happens in the server because maybe some of the big gangs would have to consider what they are doing because they know they cant call on an army of people to come save them. the main thing being able to RP actual gang things like rolling up on a drug lab knowing that a gang is holding it down a group could approach from all angles and proceed to RP out a Gang situation and make do labs more fun then just a farm simulator with your finger on the trigger ready too shot the first person that rolls up. it would afford the police the same comfort knowing that if they get a cal that 2 squad cars could roll up and not be immediately out numbered and killed. and could set up for some nice RP between gangs aswell thats what i was hoping for but instead got a if you dont join this faction your in for a long a tilting experience cause they out number you 10-1 and well conform or die and lose. but back to my original point thats what the saints were born out of we are a gang that actually Rps with a few other Gangs that are like us so if you are looking for that kind of experience find 1 of the 3 i mentioned and hopefully we can try and make your experience more enjoyable while you get robbed lol. cause at least you will get some RP out of it.

Im always just salty about this but the roleplay quality at this point has really hit the bottom. Everyone is just BARELY playing by the rules, but putting aboslutely no effort into their roleplay. This happens daily to literally everyone i know that plays as a lawabiding citizen. Someone in a Schafter v12 will pull up with their gun in their hand and tell you to put your hands up and then frisk you and run away. They refuse to have any sort of conversation, or roleplay it in other ways than /me attempts to frisk the man /do success?. I've even experienced this myself in my short time in a gang on one of my characters. Some of the members tried to roleplay, but most were just there to farm money in groups and rob innocent people without any effort being put in. Doubt this will ever change, but i wish there would be some new rules for when it comes to robbing. Giving either citizens some way of defending themselves without them having their gun out constantly, or at least punishing those who aren't here to roleplay but instead to make money and guns. Apparently 50% of the server is badass robbers driving supercars and robbing people on the public streets of Los Santos.  At this point it isn't about roleplaying and interacting with others but about making as much money as possible. Its not about being some drug dealer selling drugs in shady alleys in their old sedan but a guy in full camo outfit with an isis mask driving a drag bike filled with drugs and guns 200 km/h in the city about to drop it off. Everyone is playing to WIN and cops are just as bad as zetas or irish members. None of these factions will allow anyone to win over them or win in an RP situation. They'll simply drive around in groups of 3 contenders and completely dominate everything with ak's. Taking over a druglab and farming it for hours or mass robbing everyone in a row. More civilian jobs would really help, there is too much focus and reward on being a criminal or a cop on the server right now. Make more fun jobs for citizens and make it more valuable to play by the laws of los santos. Hit harder on people that aren't here to RP but instead play GTA Online. Unlike many other servers on FiveM where people seem to be in character, develop their character and have an unique and interesting personality, EclipseRP has turned into gang wars and cops and robbers. I really like this server and i've been here since 2017 on and off, and honestly i can say the playerbase was better back then. Smaller sure, but also more enthusiastic.The game is just not fun at its current state unless you are either a cop or a faction gang member. You don't really have anything to do, and you can't make any money roleplaying. I've tried trust me, but nobody wants to talk to you. Funnily enough i find most new players to be the most interesting to roleplay with, they come from SAMP and are really trying with /me and /do's but they usually really fast find out that thats not the way to play in here. You use voice chat to quickly say hands up, and have /frisk ready to copypaste on your keyboard. Many new players i've helped here will agree with me and OP.

Edited by Vetro
  • Like 1

+1 

So basically make it like TFRP. Have the same server with the same application process. Once accepted you start playing on the server, then get recognized in the server to be selected for the Whitelisted Server by staff or other players that are already in the Whitelisted server. I can totally dig this idea! I myself have been trying my hardest to have some good RP content going on but like you mentioned its just a big'ol shit show in the city. Too many kids playing like its GTA:Online. 

I had have some really great RP experience on here though. There is potential  here just needs a little guidance and a push!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sojobo said:

It's so easy to spawn weapons on the server and money. They need to focus on exploits. Had some dude give out like 100k to everyone in a group. In the end it was like 1m of cash lmao. 

More evidence that we aren't filtering out people who don't actually want to RP. People are treating it like a game/GTA online so much so that they are hacking it now?

Sidenote: Did you report these people?

10 hours ago, Sojobo said:

It's so easy to spawn weapons on the server and money. They need to focus on exploits. Had some dude give out like 100k to everyone in a group. In the end it was like 1m of cash lmao. 

I think you should report that kind of action, cuz it might contain illegal, bug abused money. no one gives out like 1m 

Before this thread becomes active again, people need to remember this was from early 2019. A lot has changed since then, especially in terms of rp and immersion.

A vast number of the rules/systems that were tying the server to GTAO have since been removed and improved upon, KoS for example. 

Even since then there has been I believe 2/3 quiz revamps, along with stricter joining regulations. 

This thread is far outdated to be used as a simple +1.

+1

i have stopped playing on this server 3 or 4 times after raging due to being forced in to stupid Nonrp events that have happened by people who are "newer" to the rp world. You can't get any of the items back due to never having more then 25K worth of equipment being stolen. Also people hate when you actually try to rp in a robbery or anything like that. I stopped cooking even though it was something fun to do with friends due to groups of kids coming up and threatening to shoot you immediately with out any chance for a counter rp. The only way i could do anything was by doing /dice to force some probability of things going my way. But then half of the time people do not even follow any of the /me and /do that happen and will just force you to drop guns oocly with out any rp. 

Also everything is really monpolistic. There is almost no competion between 24/7 just plainly location. 

It would be nice if there was a server for rage that you got if you have been a part of the community for a n number of years and had gained so much xp. Thus allowing for a place with better roleplay. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.