DeanThompson

Cops notified when car alarm triggered

24 minutes ago, DeanThompson said:

The ease of car theft outside of no crime zones means that cars are never parked anywhere but in an NCZ which is fairly unrealistic.

My suggestion is that when a car alarm is triggered cops are automatically notified. Realistically concerned bystanders would hear the alarm and call police.

I am affraid this would really make PD more busy. Sometimes they already have a handfull of calls and adding this would probably really stress them out. I am not 100% sure though as I am not in PD myself, but IRL this doesn't really happen that cops get notified when this happens. Only when you call them yourself. 
What I personally do is just call PD once I get notified myself though.

I don't think it's realistic for cops to magically get notifications for lock picking a car. 

Most ncz zones people park their car in are actual parking lots, like tequilala and behind the bank block, which I personally don't see a problem with. 

I think a better suggestion would've been a vehicle system overhaul.

First step: Introduce a tiered lock system, each with their own odds for success, their own wait times for failed lock-picking attempts, and their own alarm systems. (these systems would be installed by mechanics?)

Second step: Introduce a hot-wiring system - with this system we'd have a much more interactive system for stealing cars that comes with risks. These risk could include immobilizing the car (for X amount of time) after a failed attempt, the car alarm going off and maybe even a small damage risk.

2 hours ago, KeistuoliZ said:

but something needs to be done, so not every car in random parking lot would be choped. Only place you can leave your car is NCZ, but it makes just ncz crowded of cars.

In real life not every car getting stolen.

Sometimes that damn Warrener is just so hard to lockpick I leave it alone.

-1. This shouldnt be a scripted thing for PD to get alarms. Some people use tow trucks to bring vehicles to an empty location (mountains, middle of desert, etc.) to then lockpick so people would not randomly walk in on or hear the alarm if it goes off. If this is implemented then cops would get the alarm regardless of the effort you put to not being detected, this makes no sense to me.

• Like 1

How about creating a zone for the entire city or areas that would be RPly populated where if a car alarm is triggered it would alert cops.

Something needs to be done about the rampant car theft. It's not realistic that any car parked outside of an NCZ gets stolen within 10 minutes of it being there.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.