52 minutes ago, JackaboyGames said:

-1 could allow for mass deathmatch if used by the wrong people

You can drive a bus through the bank and DM 10+ players...

The potential for (very obvious, and easily punishable) rulebreaks doesn't seem like a good reason to not support something

• Like 3

I don't think you want to make the licence too expensive because people may want to do this as a job too (what about tour plane/helicopter rides or parachute jumping hobbies at one of the much smaller airfields for civilians to do?)

So instead of high priced licence and lessons, maybe in total it will cost about £10k for a full licence if it is done without any fails?
But the planes themselves are going to be at least £500k for the smallest and lightest aircraft, so this in itself will stop too many players buying them early to reduce the amount in game. But also fuels would be very expensive so maybe put that at $50-$100 to deter plane use as well.

Now to really control the plane use if you need to, there is a VERY simple and realistic way to keep it maintained. This is air traffic control, in real life there is a restriction on airspace and the amount of aircraft that can be in it at once... So, you just cap the amount of planes in the game, and make players sell them 2nd hand once the capacity is at its limits?

On 5/17/2020 at 10:32 AM, AMBurnsy said:

I don't think you want to make the licence too expensive because people may want to do this as a job too (what about tour plane/helicopter rides or parachute jumping hobbies at one of the much smaller airfields for civilians to do?)

So instead of high priced licence and lessons, maybe in total it will cost about £10k for a full licence if it is done without any fails?
But the planes themselves are going to be at least £500k for the smallest and lightest aircraft, so this in itself will stop too many players buying them early to reduce the amount in game. But also fuels would be very expensive so maybe put that at $50-$100 to deter plane use as well.

Now to really control the plane use if you need to, there is a VERY simple and realistic way to keep it maintained. This is air traffic control, in real life there is a restriction on airspace and the amount of aircraft that can be in it at once... So, you just cap the amount of planes in the game, and make players sell them 2nd hand once the capacity is at its limits?

I don't see this a good solution, it's going to be the same thing as supers, where you have to pay like 20 mil for a Dodo, which is very unrealistic imho.
I don't really see how or why they should limit the planes flying, i don't think there is going to be 300 aircraft in the air at once ever anyways.
As it has been suggested in the comments section already, a goverment branch handling the Airspace and certificates etc. would easily help with these things already.

I love all your thought and you have some great ideas, but until syncing is fixed properly in rage, i dont think this would be a possibility. Anytime PD dispatch a helicopter, i just see it in the sky, with no roters spinning and slowly losing altitude until eventually, it desync blows up. 

+1 for a really small amount of people (5-15), and with severe regulations like another government faction. It could add a different RP experience but there's a lot of people that have big amounts of money.  It would be really bad to see 20+ planes flying at the same time and could lead to accidents and chaos.

Like the idea but there is some things in scriptwise because when you or the driver of plane lagging its always falling down and teleported up same as helicopters so when we have a big scale of flying people this can make problem for passangers of plane or civilians on that place or if driver got crashed or DC everytime a player get close to that place he can see plane is falling down and hitting the ground so that can make lot of problems with desync and stuffs like that and I can see its not really necessary for RP to have planes to ride.

On 4/27/2021 at 6:23 PM, Frezas said:

+ Good idea, which needs to be worked on. 

The idea is a little outdated, since i posted this a long time ago. But with a little revamp i definently think it could work. Especially with the desync issues mostly gone.

This could add so much great RP.
And it's been a long time coming.
The question is if people could manage it, and not constantly abuse the fact.
It would also be a little sad if they did this, and made planes cost +5M For a little single engine prop.
Regardless it would be nice to have on the server, ESPECIALLY with the new island.
And the possibility for people to create businesses in flying people, sightseeing, skydiving and travelling/charters.
I know i would start one of those. 🙂 Or just for those who want to RP having a little seaplane and going on joyrides once in a while. I get that the admin team might be worried with being cripped on reports due to planes ( people's games crashing midair leaving 10 people to be revived and taken care of etc. ) But it would still be nice IMHO.

• Like 1