On 1/6/2019 at 5:04 AM, DeanThompson said:

If we have planes then we need some licensing and enforcement to go with it. Police can't be expected to enforce rules relating to aviation.

I might have a better idea:

Federal Aviation Administration Faction:

Responsible for:

1) Issuing / Suspending / Revoking pilot licences. Rather than a scripted pilots test people should have to apply for a pilots licence and do a pilots exam with a real person. This way it creates immersion and reinforces good roleplay with aviation.

2) Investigation and prosecution of persons breaching aviation law. This may involve ticketing, charging, arresting, suspending or revoking pilot licenses.

3) Responding to incidents of aircraft flying unlawfully with authority if deemed necessary to protect public safety to use lethal force to bring down an aircraft. (Yes this means fighter jets but obviously strict criteria would apply to ensure good roleplay).

4) Providing air traffic control services to all of San Andreas

5) Creating aviation regulations such as airspace categorisation, no fly zones etc.

Hello, if you read the whole post. you will see that i already made some decent suggestions regarding these, i ask you to please read the whole post and THEN comment 🙂 Feel free to give your comments on my suggestions and tell me what you like, or should be ammended. An FAA faction is already in the back of my head, but this is not possible until a GOVERNMENT Faction is implemented, THEN "FAA/SAA" ( San Andreas Aviation authority ) Could be a BRANCH of the goverment faction, not a faction on its own. Please read my whole suggestion :). I agree on the training part, but again. That would be a faction. I like the points you made, and would love it to be like that, but it would have to be a branch of the goverment faction imho. (i would LOVE to work with an Aviation faction in the future sometime. But the sad reality is that with the current desync issues this is not possible, as to flying etc. When Rage 0.4 gets released the desync issues should be fixed and then we're talkin'. I would honestly love to see an aviation faction, but as i stated above it would most like be a government branch. Also if you scan through the first page of questions, someone asked me similar questions. 🙂

Edited by Nick_Smokerson

As much as I love the idea of opening more factions, or even allowing unofficial faction management without the 'official perks'. The down side is it's another faction, when you're character is limited to being able to be part of only one faction at a time. Due to this, you may run into personnel and management issues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Logan_Black said:

Keep in mind it would be impossible to fly with someone in plane with this kind of desync, Plus in my opinion the plane prices are way to low, should be at least double or even triple.

Now while it should be hard to get planes, i dont think it should be impossible. I'm sure you have a general idea of how the economy is on the server.
Saving up even 400k->1M takes WEEKS, and this is if you're active in a faction.
Unless you do criminal shit ofc, money is easier to come by then. So you want a little Cessna 152 to cost 1.5m? IRL, a brand new Cessna 172 is around Half a million USD, if not cheaper. So i dont think the prices on the prop planes should be changed, i can however see that the prices on the Executive jets which i i wrote, may seem like underballing, But i certainly dont think that 500.000 for a Two-seater prop is "Cheap".

1 hour ago, Xoza said:

As much as I love the idea of opening more factions, or even allowing unofficial faction management without the 'official perks'. The down side is it's another faction, when you're character is limited to being able to be part of only one faction at a time. Due to this, you may run into personnel and management issues.

Agreed. However, if a Government faction was established, i don't think it would be too much work to add an Aviation branch. However, creating an entire faction solely for planes, is uh.. Not stupid, but inefficient to be honest.. Lets just worry about actually getting the planes onto the server, before making any kinds of Aviation factions and so on.

• Upvote 1

Honestly at first, I wasn’t going to endorse this suggestion, but I think with some heavy restrictions the addition of some planes is somewhat viable. I cannot support the idea of a multi engine luxury jets being added to the server,

I don’t see the server currently or ever being at a level of maturity needed for these to be added to the server. I’d also consider cutting the Western Duster from the list, I’m not seeing anyone currently playing on the server that needs an agricultural aircraft.

+1 Adds a ton of RP possibilities, air transport companies etc sound great, anyone who has 500k to buy an airplane most likely won't throw away their account on the server to crash a plane into people, its no different than VDM.