Please read the whole thing before commenting on the post, thank you.

Well, description says it well. Planes!
I miss planes on the server, a lot actually. I would love to be able to go off duty, and take my little light aircraft out for a spin. or perhaps start an Airline. ( i get not many people would RP passengers, but regardless i would love to RP owning a little plane, and being able to fly out to sandy shores , the little airfield by the farms or even fort zancudo ( which is an awesome airport )

Add: Pilots license

How to get the license:
Scripted like with Car and truck license, and a very hard course, not as easy as the drivers license, but something that will test your skills in an RP manner, like touching down on a marker, and stopping in a certain distance, correct takeoffs and such.

The license needs to be an exclusive thing, and not something you can just do in 1 day, unless you are very good, i think a pricing around the 400k Marker is good, this way if people really want it, they need to save up for it, and cannot just get it within a week of playing on the server.
You enter an interior located somewhere in the airport, and there would be a door that says "Flight simulator" once you press "E" in a marker by the door. a menu pops up with 5 different courses. Each flight lesson will cost 80.000 and will be hard to pass. If you fail the flight lesson, a symbolic fee will be taken from your bank account ( perhaps maybe 1-5K, to avoid people abusing it for fun) The 80K will first be taken from your bank account, once you have successfully completed the course. when you spawn in the course, it will spawn you in another Dimension ( hence the flight simulator ). The last exam could be done in the active Dimension, or in the Flight simulator like the other lessons. You will have 2 attempts at each course, before it gives you a cool down of at least 1 Irl hour. The last flight lesson would be the exam, you will have 1 attempt at passing the exam, and if you fail. It will also have a cool down of at least 1 Irl Hour. Also perhaps even adding a quiz, that you would have to complete (like when you make a server application) before getting your pilots license, where it states the IC rules and OOC rules. And you would have to pass it with 8/10 correct, or 10/10 correct answers before you get to actually purchase the license after the final exam, which also would have a cooldown of about 1 hour IRL.

Add: Planes

Single engine/Multi Engine Propeller planes.

JoBuilt Mammatus

Western Duster

Mammoth Dodo

JoBuilt Velum

Western Cuban 800

Multi Engine Luxury Jets:

Buckingham Luxor

Buckingham Vestra

Buckingham Nimbus

Full list of planes.

https://www.gtaall.com/gta-5/vehicles/planes.html

Plane-prices. from low to high

Western Duster: $500.000

Jobuilt Mammatus: $600.000

Mammoth Dodo: $725.000

Western Cuban: $850.000

Jobuilt Velum: $975.000

Buckingham Vestra: $1.125.000

Buckingham Luxor: $1.500.000

Buckingham Nimbus: $2.000.000

Add: No Fly Zone(s) Aka "NFZ". This is just an example of the no fly zone that only includes LS. (The Area marked with a black circle and red stripes is the NFZ.) Faction Helicopter traffic would be allowed in the NFZ. (MD, PD and Weazel News) With the PDM Rule i don't think Sandy Shores and Paleto Bay would have any issues. These areas are not very populated either, regarding player traffic.
The No Fly Zone could also include the prison.  map_25.jpg.d6ed6471bcebf8e13daabb9dd5d29ac4.jpg

Add: One refueling point at LSIA, and one in the sandy shores airfield. ( basically plane gas stations ). Fuel prices at these places can vary between $15-$25. Since AVGAS and JETA1 is not very cheap per liter, this could be also be raised if needed.

Add: Plane parking garage: At LSIA, it should work like the Community parking, when you take out the aircraft, it will spawn it at the next available parking position. ( Make the parking positions gates and the real plane parking spots in order to make it realistic and make sure planes don't spawn in each other ).

Add: Mors Aircraft insurance ( Could be the big open hangar at LSIA ) Planes would not be cheap to get back, since they should be priced high. eg: Buckingham Nimbus could be about 60k to get out. and the cheapest one around 10k or more. To further avoid people abusing it.

Add: A forum section (Under Government preferably) dedicated to people making applications to own planes, and perhaps making an IC forum for Registering your aircraft. (this is most likely a future thing, since it is not a thing yet.)

Add; rules such as the NFZ (No Fly Zone). And "PDM" Basically VDM, but way harder punishment, i say add this rule, because there's always this one person who has to try and mess it up for everyone else. I honestly think this could work on eclipse. I've seen other Rage:MP servers with planes, and it works just fine with no plane-bombings going on.. Obviously they would have to be pretty pricey. to avoid "everyone" owning one. Just like with Supercars, its an Exclusive thing to own an aircraft! This also limits the actual people flying on the server. Perhaps if people violated the No-Fly-Zone (harmlessly, eg. flying over the city and not injuring anyone). they would get their plane license revoked, and it would render their aircraft useless ( maybe make a script, so you are unable to Press F on the aircraft if you have no license ) Also, i don't think you should be able to pickpocket planes. This would also limit the abuse very much.

I read on other posts, where people said people would most likely abuse it -> well yes, there will always be some idiot who thinks it's fun to plane-bomb somewhere, but in the event that, that happens? Perma-ban. Since adding Larger populated areas to a NFZ (No Fly Zone), they cant just say " /B i de-synced " There would literally be 0 excuse for causing any havoc in the NFZ ( No Fly Zone ) This would also stop people who only buy planes to show off and fly around the city. You cant really show off in it, why get one? there are loads of RP reasons to buy an aircraft. And perhaps people who actually wants to RP Transporting cargo around the different airports, or flying a business man to his retreat in Sandy shores. Because he can afford the luxury, not because its faster! Since it can be rather inefficient compared to driving.

Obviously some more clear guidelines on this should be made, and further suggestions are very welcome on this post. I'm just putting this out there, to see what the community thinks.
i know by fact I'm not the only one out there that wants this. I'm still working on streamlining the suggestion! So consider it a work in progress for now.

Edited by Nick_Smokerson
Added some more things, work in progress. fixed some grammar
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 3

+1
It's good you added that they would need a license. At Weazel, only a few people are allowed to use the helicopter and only after a training. I do think this should become an exclusive thing though, just like the supercars now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/2/2019 at 8:36 PM, Yputi said:

+1
It's good you added that they would need a license. At Weazel, only a few people are allowed to use the helicopter and only after a training. I do think this should become an exclusive thing though, just like the supercars now.

I edited the post and added some things. feel free to further comment on it 🙂

Same at MD and PD, you get "Flight training" by a certified Instructor in your respective factions, a pretty cool feature. However, we would need to make a faction, to prevent abuse and trolling. or a branch of a faction for this, its the same with ATC. Adding ATC would have to be a faction. Perhaps if the suggestion gets accepted sometime, in the future ATC, and CFI's could be a branch in a Government faction if that is implemented in the future.

i agree with the supercar thing, but perhaps that should more be limited to the more superior and luxurious jets.
let say that props and twin props are from 500k ( Western Duster, Jobuilt mammatus, dodo etc ) to 1M ( for the most luxurious prop, Jobuilt Velom.
Then from 1M ->2M perhaps would be the more luxurious ones, where the Buckimham Vestra for example starts at 1M being a small business jet.
and the largest one, the Buckingham Nimbus ( similar to a Gulfstream Jet ) Would be the most expensive, perhaps even topping 3M since it's a very exclusive thing being able to own a private jet. I dont want it to be impossible. but i also dont want it to be easy for people to get their hands on one. So we can limit the abuse etc.

Edited by Nick_Smokerson
I edited the post, i edit my reply :P
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Denni said:

+1. Only a select few planes. 

I agree, 8 seems like a respective number. The planes i suggested are also all non-military, and not weaponized in any way.

I would love to see these planes available. I can understand if the Mammoth Dodo is deselected due to water and waves not being synced.

Edited by Nick_Smokerson
  • Upvote 1

+1

Other things to consider.

• Cost of plane
  • Cost of fuel
  • Past Criminals can fly?
  • Would it be scripted job, or own a plane?
  • How would you prevent abuse?
  • How many planes can be in the sky at once?
  • Air traffic control? maybe another scripted job?

20 hours ago, Xoza said:

+1

Other things to consider.

• Cost of plane
  • Cost of fuel
  • Past Criminals can fly?
  • Would it be scripted job, or own a plane?
  • How would you prevent abuse?
  • How many planes can be in the sky at once?
  • Air traffic control? maybe another scripted job?

Cost of fuel; Suggest it to be about 15-20 Dollars per liter.

Cost of planes; This seems reasonable:

Plane-prices. from low to high

Western Duster: $500.000

Jobuilt Mammatus: $600.000

Mammoth Dodo: $725.000

Western Cuban: $850.000

Jobuilt Velum: $975.000

Buckingham Vestra: $1.125.000

Buckingham Luxor: $1.500.000

Buckingham Nimbus: $2.000.000

Past Criminals can fly? About past criminals flying. Give me some time to think about this one, and i will reply later. Good question!

Would it be scripted job, or own a plane?; It would be ownership of the plane. Therefor extremely limiting the abuse as well. A scripted job for planes is not a good idea.

How would you prevent abuse; I would prevent abuse by making it expensive, and therefore exclusive, numbering the people being able to actually own a plane, or a pilots license. Like with the Supercars.

How many planes can be in the sky at once?; I'm not sure if you can limit how many planes are in the sky, i don't believe there would be more than perhaps 10-15 flying at once, since it would be an exclusive thing. Alot of people don't want to buy a plane, its costs too much, or they would rather get a Supercar which they can actually show off in the city. Instead of being stuck at LSIA with a Buckingham Nimbus.

Air traffic control? maybe another scripted job?: Adding ATC would have to be a faction. Perhaps if the suggestion gets accepted, sometime in the future ATC could be a branch in a Government faction, if that is implemented in the future.

I hope that answers your questions, if you have more. Feel free to ask, it gives me more ideas and helps me improve the suggestion, Thanks for asking!
and appreciate the +1

Edited by Nick_Smokerson
I edited the post, i edit my reply :D
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, gohena said:

we need this to escape x ray units in an epic get away...

You can't get away from the XRay :p.

Getting caught could revoke a license and permanently impound an aircraft. I see this more for people who want to enjoy flying and moving people instead of used as a major criminal element.

• Like 1

I would say the planes should be limited to small propeller engine airplanes.

Private Jets should be more on the lines of a Transportation Service job like an Air Taxi almost with private jet services and Helicopter Tours, etc.

And getting both the license AND into that job would be hard (and closely monitored).

Edited by Nubbsauce

5 minutes ago, Nubbsauce said:

I would say the planes should be limited to small propeller engine airplanes.

Private Jets should be more on the lines of a Transportation Service job like an Air Taxi almost with private jet services and Helicopter Tours, etc.

And getting both the license AND into that job would be hard (and closely monitored).

I have thought alot about this.
IRL you can buy a private jet as a Business man. Etc.
For that to work as you want it to you'd need to have a faction. First thing is getting planes on here, second thing is what you are talking about 🙂
What is the issue with letting people own for example a buckingham nimbus, and Ic'ly running their own little charter company? Why does that have to be limited to a job, or a faction? please elaborate :).
Downtown taxi company could have Air-taxi's (helicopters) sometime in the future perhaps. but not private jets. that seems pretty overkill for a taxi company..
You want to RP Owning a charter company and flying cargo? sure go right ahead, but limiting it to a specific job/faction isn't the solution here.
It will already be very expensive to own, operate and buy both the license and aircraft. So i do not believe that aircraft ownership should be limited to factions, or to the tiniest propeller planes.
Me for example, i would love to have a Buckingham Nimbus, and RP'ing charter flights for very rich businessmen, etc. Or a Mammoth for leisure flying when i feel like taking it for a spin, maybe both? if you can afford it, why not?
Thanks for the replying to the post, and appreciate the constructive comment, i hope what i wrote makes sense.

• Like 1

+1 ive wanted planes on the server for ages. But ad musket Said and svar ive experienced my self when i took a jet for a spin. My passangers sometimes saw me fly with my landing gear out or land without them Even tho that wasnt the case. You also sometimes see the plane dive or do sharp random turns. But if rage fixes this id give it +100 

• Like 1

If we have planes then we need some licensing and enforcement to go with it. Police can't be expected to enforce rules relating to aviation.

I might have a better idea:

Federal Aviation Administration Faction:

Responsible for:

1) Issuing / Suspending / Revoking pilot licences. Rather than a scripted pilots test people should have to apply for a pilots licence and do a pilots exam with a real person. This way it creates immersion and reinforces good roleplay with aviation.

2) Investigation and prosecution of persons breaching aviation law. This may involve ticketing, charging, arresting, suspending or revoking pilot licenses.

3) Responding to incidents of aircraft flying unlawfully with authority if deemed necessary to protect public safety to use lethal force to bring down an aircraft. (Yes this means fighter jets but obviously strict criteria would apply to ensure good roleplay).

4) Providing air traffic control services to all of San Andreas

5) Creating aviation regulations such as airspace categorisation, no fly zones etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeanThompson said:

If we have planes then we need some licensing and enforcement to go with it. Police can't be expected to enforce rules relating to aviation.

I might have a better idea:

Federal Aviation Administration Faction:

Responsible for:

1) Issuing / Suspending / Revoking pilot licences. Rather than a scripted pilots test people should have to apply for a pilots licence and do a pilots exam with a real person. This way it creates immersion and reinforces good roleplay with aviation.

2) Investigation and prosecution of persons breaching aviation law. This may involve ticketing, charging, arresting, suspending or revoking pilot licenses.

3) Responding to incidents of aircraft flying unlawfully with authority if deemed necessary to protect public safety to use lethal force to bring down an aircraft. (Yes this means fighter jets but obviously strict criteria would apply to ensure good roleplay).

4) Providing air traffic control services to all of San Andreas

5) Creating aviation regulations such as airspace categorisation, no fly zones etc.

In a nutshell flying should be kept respectable and not for "quick lets run to the airport and get in a plane to get away from the cops"

• Like 1