37hh

Remove the 30k price for engine repair

It's absolutely absurd to charge any player 30k for an engine repair. The owner of LSC stated it was to " teach people to learn to drive better ".
I was dm'd and my bike was stolen, the robbers damaged the bike.
Expecting me to pay 30k for an engine repair made me burst out laughing, lower the price

Already heard several players icly and in /b complain about this

Edited by 37hh
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Vasquez said:

It seems like there's a divided group within the community.

But yea, prices shouldn't be absurd, but then again, people are going 100 + within the city for no rp reasons most of the time, so taking better care of your car

isn't that bad of an idea.

I completely agree with raising the price to improve driving rp wise, however I don't think ANYONE expects to pay 30k to repair a vehicle.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MiguelGerrero said:

i went to the mechanic shop with my jester to get it fixed and it cost me 2.5k. Please read my post propperly next time. i didn't mention mors, i said i went to fix my car and it cost 2.5k

Bruh, yeah idk why people are saying 30k then that is super confusing

1 minute ago, gohena said:

what about the guy who bid 10 million for a super car lol how much is he going to pay for a repair? 100K?

i doubt that, but it would be realistic considering a transmission replacement for a buggati veyron costs 120k irl and replacing the transmission on any normal car can be done for like 3-10k

3 minutes ago, MiguelGerrero said:

i doubt that, but it would be realistic considering a transmission replacement for a buggati veyron costs 120k irl and replacing the transmission on any normal car can be done for like 3-10k

i think these prices are a bit too much we already pay 35% tax .... and over priced fuel

1 hour ago, gohena said:

what about the guy who bid 10 million for a super car lol how much is he going to pay for a repair? 100K?

Yeah? It's expensive to repair those cars homie. What you want? Peasant repairs for $100?

Edited by Denni

+1

I don't mean to be "that guy" but I work in the auto industry and have been for 2 years, and not ever have I seen an engine repair more than 2k, even high end cars like lambos and Bugattis (<---- Bad example), never heard of them being over 10k, this is absurd and completely unrealistic. How much of the cost goes into the shop's treasury? If all, then no need for labour charges because in most shops and dealerships at least 45-50% of the cost is labour.

I'm all for making people care more about their car and obey traffic laws, but this is way past extreme. Bad decision in my opinion.

Edited by PennyWise13x