gohena

Taxes are way to high

Is it just me or do you guys think 35% is a little bit over the top when it comes to taxes? I always dreamed of having a super car in the server, it was already hard enough considering people sell them for like 4m+, but now that iv'e hit the 1m with limit the goal of owning a super car seems even more impossible... Does anyone else agree with the taxes needing to be reworked/adjusted?

b2e437b4691d9e393432419514f01c87.png

I kind of feel that they are punishing dedicated players a bit too harshly with this, is started playing the server when super cars where already super rare/hard to get but the tax slap we've been getting it's insane, I even have VIP which helps a bit.  I recently redeemed a 30k salary check and paid 10k in taxes that's insane! and that is with VIP; Not only do we get less welfare money but then we get slapped with the 35%. I kind of just feel that my dream/goal of ever owning a business/super car in the server is dam near impossible considering the time and effort you have to put in. These new taxes make it so if you where already rich you stay rich, and the middle class stays in the middle, it's kind of like impossible to catch up considering the prices for super cars and business just keep going up as well a few months ago super cars where around 2m that they would sell for at HE now they are going for 4m and it's even harder to make money. I kind of feel that this just punishes players who are just starting to get rich, it does not really affect the rich because they already have all the cars/houses and businesses.

Edited by gohena
  • Like 1

I'd find the tax system more acceptable if there was actually something they went to rather than making it disappear into thin air. I would be much more positive towards having to pay taxes if it went to a government and in turn, was reinvested into implementing more apartments, or opening up other buildings/businesses or such. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, ItsPazz said:

I'd find the tax system more acceptable if there was actually something they went to rather than making it disappear into thin air. I would be much more positive towards having to pay taxes if it went to a government and in turn, was reinvested into implementing more apartments, or opening up other buildings/businesses or such. 

Submit This ASAP

1 hour ago, MusketDeezNuts said:

-1 I think the current system is perfect. And besides. Be happy. In my country its 51% tax of salaries 😉

Here in Finland we have this
 image.png.1abf177f694921f075346bdde3e60f51.png
and this is only for salaries. We have taxes on EVERYTHING. If you receive money as a gift, you get taxed with a ''gift tax'' so complaining about 35% is nothing and it's only a game.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, nateX said:

Here in Finland we have this
 image.png.1abf177f694921f075346bdde3e60f51.png
and this is only for salaries. We have taxes on EVERYTHING. If you receive money as a gift, you get taxed with a ''gift tax'' so complaining about 35% is nothing and it's only a game.

And candy tax and Diesel tax and everything else, we need this to the server. 

Seems the people who've put -1 to this are also the same people who've already reached that point of wealth on this server that they have no more need for anything.

+1 The tax system is ridiculous, the rest of us would want to reach a supercar/mansion status too which now properly sucks if you're like me and hit your first million only for all ur grind to be slowed down by 35%. It's not like this money is going anywhere anyway, it's simply just attempted wealth removal when we've already got so many dudes who hold -everything-.

By the way comparing our numbers to numbers in real life makes no sense whatsoever;

Busting a tax bracket myth. Some people think if they earn more money, they are in a higher tax bracket. They believe they pay more taxes and may actually have less money left over than they would if they had earned less. ... Each dollar you earn only affects the tax rate and taxes owed on additional income. In real life if someone earnt 900k and was in a lower tax bracket and the next year they'd earn 1 million, according to eclipse logic he'd actually make less money in hand.  This is simply not how taxes work. You can't set someone's tax brackets based on the money they made IN THE PAST. They look at what you earn yearly. Also in real life the car I drive isn't counted towards my income tax, I already paid that tax purchasing the vehicle and tax paid over it is dependant on engine size and weight.. My gov doesn't then look at my car and slash my income tax.

Yet by eclipse logic my alt courier makes more money than most senior MD/PD.

Giving my view on how this could be done differently;
I get the point behind the tax, the wealth removal I even agree to a certain extent but the way it's set up this only punishes the avarage player and ignores the poor and very wealthy. Instead of taxing a flat rate over money earnt, charge a tax for either property/insurance (whatever you want to call it)
The money you earn stays the same but as you move up on eclipse your costs increases. Keeping a mansion running properly costs money, maintaining that supercar you're so proud of would cost you money. (Let's say 20k a month for super, 10k for sports, 5k for others, keeping their stock import prices in mind) Something similar for houses. This could even add some RP for PD as you could neglect to pay your tax/insurance on your car and thus it's not road-legal and that person better pay up or not get caught or if gone on long enough it could be towed.

The end result of this is the same, some wealth removal and slowing the economy down somewhat but leaves the effect of this up to the individual player, doesn't force people on alt characters to make their money.

Edited by Levi208
  • Upvote 2

+1 Tax system now is totally unfair, why? easy answer, all those players who are playing in the server for very long, these days they never needed worry about taxes , the salary's and all the jobs was giving much more these days, Import cars which was super cars was so cheap also and real prices of all the 4g houses and super cars was really low, now they did put taxes system for new players when all the old players got everything and banks full of millions , that's unfair to be honest

I'll ask NBDY to work on the taxation system (he made the initial changes), as @Levi208 has correctly pointed out, a player shouldn't make significantly less money after reaching the next bracket and government employees shouldn't be discouraged to work legal jobs, because of the tax. There's also a problem with the base income, it's also cut and the remainder is taxed, but the base income was supposed to be part of the job salary, so it should have never been cut.

In addition, Dwayne Smith has proposed a change to the tax system, so the tax is calculated based on your income, not total wealth. In other words, if you try to make significantly more money in a short period, you'll get taxed more, but if you're rich and your income is little, you will get taxed little.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Osvaldon said:

I'll ask NBDY to work on the taxation system (he made the initial changes), as @Levi208 has correctly pointed out, a player shouldn't make significantly less money after reaching the next bracket and government employees shouldn't be discouraged to work legal jobs, because of the tax. There's also a problem with the base income, it's also cut and the remainder is taxed, but the base income was supposed to be part of the job salary, so it should have never been cut.

In addition, Dwayne Smith has proposed a change to the tax system, so the tax is calculated based on your income, not total wealth. In other words, if you try to make significantly more money in a short period, you'll get taxed more, but if you're rich and your income is little, you will get taxed little.

Thank you Osvaldon. Are there any ideas going around on what tax money will be used for (in the future), rather than just acting as a monkey sink and nothing more?

Thing is the tax is actually double what it states which is extremely annoying. I have a salary of $7,000 in-game excluding base income. Every hour I get my salary yet I do not receive the full amount. I believe I receive 65% of that $7,000. Yet then when I go to get my money from the bank by doing /takesalary I receive another tax income of 35% which means i'm being taxed 70%?? I agree taxes should be there and wouldn't care about it just being one income tax of 35% but not both as that's just absurd.

4 minutes ago, FireCracker said:

Thing is the tax is actually double what it states which is extremely annoying. I have a salary of $7,000 in-game excluding base income. Every hour I get my salary yet I do not receive the full amount. I believe I receive 65% of that $7,000. Yet then when I go to get my money from the bank by doing /takesalary I receive another tax income of 35% which means i'm being taxed 70%?? I agree taxes should be there and wouldn't care about it just being one income tax of 35% but not both as that's just absurd.

That's actually not what happens. This is how the tax system works in my own words:

Say you have a base income of 1 000, and get 5% tax.

When you go to the bank, it will say your salary is 950. This is because the system already calculated how much taxes will go off. The tax system is still unchanged.

When you take your salary, it will tell you that you paid 50 in income taxes, and give you 950.

In other words: when you get the popup saying you have recieved 1000, the system calculated the tax on the spot and deducts the tax. You don't get double taxed! You can see how you actually got by doing /stats, checking your bank balance on your phone or going to the bank window.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.