Tucccci

Remove the /Alias command completely.

Big +1 for these

Remove /Alias commands made 2 hours prior to your death. IE: you die you forget your killer alias.

Make /alias names wear off, IE: A month or so after /alias the name reverts back to a player number.

BUT I don't think removing alias would be very beneficial like the others said its a video game and people do have life's outside of this to remember someone's face and voice and all of this stuff.

+1 This is an underdeveloped tool, and can be used for bad reasons.

I feel like the approval factor would be good.

/alias 112 Thomas Reup

"/aliasapprove 23"

You have now aliased 112 as "Thomas Reup"

I feel this would be a good way of making it so people can't just alias "guy i wanna kill" or stupid stuff to remember them in a bad way.

I don't really agree with removing the command completely. I'd back it if Eclipse was a heavy roleplay server but it isn't. And to answer a few points that were raised that I've commented on multiple times in different suggestions:

"If you can’t remember someone then they must not be important to your character.": The server does not have enough character features to remember every person you've been interacting with especially when they type and don't use voice chat. And there are people who I interact with on a daily basis on both my criminal and LEO character that I can assure you I won't remember if aliases were removed, because of how similar they look.

"Remove it completely, kinda weird having 90% of server using masks.": This is just not true, removing the command won't stop people from wearing masks. They are criminals, they will wear masks whether the aliases are there or not. Especially with larger groups, 99% of the time they will wear masks because of how often LEO interact with them, and that just makes sense. I don't understand why is it at all weird for criminals to wear masks to hide their identity?

"Make /alias names wear off, IE: A month or so after /alias the name reverts back to a player number.": Why? Why does it make any sense for someone that you interact with on a daily basis to just have their name removed randomly as if you've never interacted with them before?

Again, this is not a heavy roleplay server and I don't understand why we're trying to force it into something that it isn't, makes zero sense to me. If people don't want to see aliases above players' heads, have a toggle command to turn them off/on, similar to /toggletabbed.

Edited by Spizor
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GR_Seb said:

How about we begin by removing numbers and freetext.

/alias First name Lastname .

Instead of /alias i want to kill him   or 9280

The 'freetext' is kind of enforced when it's seen and people are reminded pretty frequently in reports that it's a mis-use of the system to alias people "i want to kill him" or "bitch cop 4786" etc.

Badge numbers I also don't feel should be aliased, nobody would remember a random cop's badge number even if they're picked up by them a few times. That being said, a long time ago I believe rank, surname and badge number was displayed above aliases. I'd personally like to see a return of this feature for on duty LEO's that they can toggle on when doing normal duties as I believe IRL LAPD have their metal badges on display with their rank and badge number, and a small fabric one with their initial and surname "S. Papadakis" for example.

If this was re-implemented it would be better to have it rather short-range, say /low voice range.

Or, y'know, people can just do actual roleplay and be like /me looks at the officers uniform for a badge or nametag /do would I see one visible? Wild suggestion, I know. 

• YAY 2

29 minutes ago, Ash said:

I believe IRL LAPD have their metal badges on display with their rank and badge number, and a small fabric one with their initial and surname "S. Papadakis" for example.

If this was re-implemented it would be better to have it rather short-range, say /low voice range.

Or, y'know, people can just do actual roleplay and be like /me looks at the officers uniform for a badge or nametag /do would I see one visible? Wild suggestion, I know. 

+1 to the name being displayed if they are close enough to realistically read a name tag.  This could also be faction dependent/toggleable either by the faction or individual members depending on if they would RPLy have a name badge.  For example, some LE factions wear an external vest, and may not have a name badge displayed RPLY.

Also +1 to the roleplay example.  This also accomplishes both desires.

As far as the overall suggestion to remove the command altogether, I disagree.  I think there could perhaps be changes, but IRL you'd have an actual face to look at, and you can remember actual faces much better than an in-game face. 

Edited by HotPipinLeo

8 hours ago, Shadyar8023 said:

-1 cause it's just a video game.

Yes, it may be a video game, but the alias command can cause quite a few issues. This is a RP server after all, so the fact that people use the command to remember people that they wanna kill or just cops that are dicks. So your response is a little distasteful. The alias command definitely needs some work.

12 hours ago, Astrx said:

Yes, it may be a video game, but the alias command can cause quite a few issues. This is a RP server after all, so the fact that people use the command to remember people that they wanna kill or just cops that are dicks. So your response is a little distasteful. The alias command definitely needs some work.

in real life you can call anyone anything so I can call an officer *Dickhead* if I wanted to.

-1  This would make Crim characters/factions struggle even more. As they keep needing to change clothes and etc to stay hidden from cops and rival gangs. 

BUT Maybe having a command where  "I /alias someone, they need to accept the alias. If its a stranger he can deny it and go on his way. But if there would be a reason to remember him, he would accept. That might be a better idea if many people have a problem with random /alias. 

-1 for removing alias. The fact that people have tried to make the statement that the face is not what you should remember is outrageous, in real life I meet plenty of people and I can tell you for damn sure the one thing I memorise who is who is by their face. Sometimes you'll see a face years later and be like ''Damn, I remember their face from somewhere'' not ''Damn, I remember their mannerism but their face is a mystery''. 

I would really like the idea of accepting an alias so that people don't do stupid aliases or remembering people as ''Cop'', ''Kill him'' or whatever else. 

On 9/29/2022 at 11:24 AM, Boasy said:

-1 for removing alias. The fact that people have tried to make the statement that the face is not what you should remember is outrageous, in real life I meet plenty of people and I can tell you for damn sure the one thing I memorise who is who is by their face. Sometimes you'll see a face years later and be like ''Damn, I remember their face from somewhere'' not ''Damn, I remember their mannerism but their face is a mystery''. 

I would really like the idea of accepting an alias so that people don't do stupid aliases or remembering people as ''Cop'', ''Kill him'' or whatever else. 

exactly

+1 but also -1.

I believe /alias should stay, but the person’s alias only shows up at an extremely close range (a meter or so) and this would prevent the need for wearing a mask all the time. Most criminals will still wear them, but it would Make you have to walk near people for interaction and that’s what Roleplay is all about. Regarding seeing the actual ID number, we just need a command that changes our ID that can be used once every hour or two.

Close ranged /Alias and leaving the player ID above their head, and give players the ability to change the player ID above their head. That’s my suggestion 

On 10/15/2022 at 12:42 PM, Melody Frey said:

+1 but also -1.

I believe /alias should stay, but the person’s alias only shows up at an extremely close range (a meter or so) and this would prevent the need for wearing a mask all the time. Most criminals will still wear them, but it would Make you have to walk near people for interaction and that’s what Roleplay is all about. Regarding seeing the actual ID number, we just need a command that changes our ID that can be used once every hour or two.

Close ranged /Alias and leaving the player ID above their head, and give players the ability to change the player ID above their head. That’s my suggestion 

IMO the ID and alias should be shown at extremely close range