Alllbyyy

Jail Time on ECRP...

On 8/16/2021 at 12:17 PM, Havana said:

if youre gonna murder a bunch of cops your character should never see the light of day again, yet the day after you can get out and act like nothing happened. thats the unrealistic part.

If i can wait 45 minutes for my truck to load and then another 45 to get unloaded for a couple grand, you can wait 2 hours after murdering someone and running from the cops/

This is a criminal suggestion not a job suggestion, if you think that it takes way to long to unload a trunk you can make a suggestion. I made this suggestion because i want to see a change. I think the charges just be lower then it already is. And the fact is doesn't stick with 2 hours it goes up to  4 hours if the cop doesn't like you. Everyone comes here to have fun not to sit in jail for hours that aint fun. DOC really tries to improve there RP but they only do such RP when High Command is on duty. 

• Like 1

+1

The jail times on ECRP are so exagerated and ridiculous that it inevitably drives players away, my character has been at doc for probably 5 months now because i simply feel that i have better things to do with my already limited time than go afk answering afkmaths for potentially 10+ hours especially when there is barely any content available for when you get out, it was more than enough to make me quit personally.

The jail times should be capped at something reasonable (max 4-5 hours) or all the charges should have lower jail times associated with them, every single crim player shouldn't have to sit there and give up rp opportunities due to the inevitable IRL punishment associated with them, its just so stupid and i really cannot grasp how so many people can sit there and be like "JuST bE SmARtEr LOOOOOL" or "JuST rP BeTTEr"

If you really want to keep these ridiculous jail times then at least provide the player base with some actual content that isn't some monotonous bs like fishing or bus jobs to create a balance because grinding the same 3 pieces of content does not really make the countless hours of jail time worth it at all.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 4:54 PM, AlbertoPanchino said:

This is a criminal suggestion not a job suggestion, if you think that it takes way to long to unload a trunk you can make a suggestion. I made this suggestion because i want to see a change. I think the charges just be lower then it already is. And the fact is doesn't stick with 2 hours it goes up to  4 hours if the cop doesn't like you. Everyone comes here to have fun not to sit in jail for hours that aint fun. DOC really tries to improve there RP but they only do such RP when High Command is on duty. 

I realize, it is just a comparison.

It's important to note that when you get a lot of charges "because the cop doesn't like you", really you're getting less charges when the cop doesn't not like you, if you get what I mean?
Technically, you're always supposed to get every charge that applies, but most people won't bother making sure they get everything unless you've really bothered them. So really its more of you're getting lucky most of the time.

I hold on to my belief that criminal life needs a strong counterbalance. Maybe long prison sentences in a prison that doesn't foster RP isn't the best counterbalance, and as long as it is replaced with something that is, I wouldn't mind.

• Like 2

Thing is though, the cap doesn't really fix the problem, it just adds a ceiling on it. 

A better prison system would be in the interests of the prisoners and DOC. I think that's perhaps part of why it has the problems it does with AFKing and fighting and such.

But, a cap also devalues committing an excess of crimes as well. It doesn't take much to add up to 120 minutes in terms of the penal code. At that point, particularly if you are flush with cash, you can just pump out the crimes and it becomes an all you can commit buffet after a certain point.

We tried it before and it's why we don't have one now.

On 11/8/2021 at 4:25 AM, Phil McGee said:

How has this not been addressed, it's literally just AFK simulator in prison, guards and inmates combined. Literally all you can do is mine ore for Shag all stamps. 

100% needs to be a cap on jail time of 2 hours until it's fixed. 

My suggestion was never to make a cap, My suggestion was the decrease the amount of time you get.

for example 60-50  45-35min...... 

Please remain to my suggestion.

Edited by AlbertoPanchino

As Jason said, there was a cap before and it was not the best thing. Players would just stack charges and get 2 hours of jail in the worst case. Having no cap it's a way of enchanting passive RP, most criminal players that I've seen, just use whatever it's scripted into the server to make money ( Stores, banks, drugs or robbing others ) For example, I get robbed and some thugs steal my .50 pistol, my bag and my Growler. that is close to 40k that I would lose. Takes me about 8 hours to make 40k with the minimum wage in companies. Why should the person that stole my goods be in jail for only 1 hour when I lose 8 hours making my money back, no to include the 35% tax. There has to be some balance here.

• Confused 3

Personally not bothered about the Jail times and fines. If you commit a crime you should serve your time. I agree there is a lack of roleplay.

I feel the problem is the fines and times can be a bit to harsh on people just starting the server. They might just want to rob a store with some friends and end up with 20k debt and 2 hours to serve in jail with no knowledge on how to make the money back which just gives them a negative view on the server.

• Upvote 2

Here's my two cents on our prison.

The intention by putting someone there and keeping someone there is that they are punished in-character for their in-character actions. If they have committed a lot of crimes or the crimes that are a lot more serious, they should be spending less time doing what they want.

Now, what it SHOULD NOT do is punish the player out of character or become a place where it's acceptable to ignore/skip roleplay and idle until you can go outside.

We have an entire faction of people that depend on activity in the prison to function. As much as DOC can practice transports and use their firing range, the whole point is to watch over the prisoners. We have a fantastic interior for Bolingbroke but it's just that, a building.

Being in prison puts limits on freedom but on the type of roleplay that can happen inside there more than the outside so I'm of the opinion that you need more script support in there to stimulate role-play. Especially since the mindset has always been to idle the time away.

Capping the times again is a band-aid. You just have people idling for two hours instead of four.
Lowering the fines or the time also lowers the consequences for getting caught.

Yes, Prison in-character should be a certain experience but it needs to still be a place to engage in roleplay and for that, it requires sufficient script support. Currently though, there are other areas that need it as well and more.

56 minutes ago, Bala said:

Here's my two cents on our prison.

The intention by putting someone there and keeping someone there is that they are punished in-character for their in-character actions. If they have committed a lot of crimes or the crimes that are a lot more serious, they should be spending less time doing what they want.

Now, what it SHOULD NOT do is punish the player out of character or become a place where it's acceptable to ignore/skip roleplay and idle until you can go outside.

We have an entire faction of people that depend on activity in the prison to function. As much as DOC can practice transports and use their firing range, the whole point is to watch over the prisoners. We have a fantastic interior for Bolingbroke but it's just that, a building.

Being in prison puts limits on freedom but on the type of roleplay that can happen inside there more than the outside so I'm of the opinion that you need more script support in there to stimulate role-play. Especially since the mindset has always been to idle the time away.

Capping the times again is a band-aid. You just have people idling for two hours instead of four.
Lowering the fines or the time also lowers the consequences for getting caught.

Yes, Prison in-character should be a certain experience but it needs to still be a place to engage in roleplay and for that, it requires sufficient script support. Currently though, there are other areas that need it as well and more.

I agree, I personally don't mind the jail times, for me it comes down to having stuff to do in prison. As a result of nothing being there to do, some people just idle it out, whilst other go on and attempt to start roleplay, this is not always good, as 90% of the time their idea of starting roleplay is by punching someone minding there business to death.

On 8/5/2021 at 11:15 PM, jason said:

There was a cap a while back.

Players would reach the cap then do anything and everything they wanted to because everything after that cap had virtually no consequences. They'd literally reach cap off of reckless operations and a felony evasion charge then just get into massive shootouts, rack up 7 murder charges, and have no consequences for it.

Change your methods, lower the severity of your crimes, or don't get caught.

a good suggestion to add if a cap is introduced could be that fines are increased once the hour cap is reached?

A prison cap has just been announced:

• If your character is able to pay the fines associated with the charges given to you, then you will at maximum only be able to receive a 5 hours prison sentence. This can however be extended if you commit crimes within the prison itself. 
  • If your character is not able to pay the fines associated, your cap will be 8 hours instead. 
  • Fines will not be capped, so please don't go all out knowing that you may be at the time cap! 

Edited by Chunder
  • POG 2