Alllbyyy

Jail Time on ECRP...

First off all I want to thank you for reading this thread.

As we already know jail time on ECRP is crazy. You can get 6 hours plus for a situation that only lasted 10 minutes. I already made a suggestion about Jail time but I still don't see any changes.

Lower the time on the charges at least 40 percent less on the original charges, so instead of 60 minutes to 35 minutes on evading. I know a lot of people are going to say ''if you do criminal activities then you should expect to go to jail''. Yes, ofcourse every time I evade I always have that stress of ''if I get caught I go to jail for a long time'' but going to jail for 2 hours for a situation that only lasted 10 minutes is exaggerated.

It is really not a long off a suggestion, I just want to see how you guys think about it. And maybe there is going to be a change.

Greeting, Alberto

Edited by AlbertoPanchino
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 27

There was a cap a while back.

Players would reach the cap then do anything and everything they wanted to because everything after that cap had virtually no consequences. They'd literally reach cap off of reckless operations and a felony evasion charge then just get into massive shootouts, rack up 7 murder charges, and have no consequences for it.

Change your methods, lower the severity of your crimes, or don't get caught.

• Like 1
  • NAY 1

14 minutes ago, jason said:

Players would reach the cap then do anything and everything they wanted to because everything after that cap had virtually no consequences. They'd literally reach cap off of reckless operations and a felony evasion charge then just get into massive shootouts, rack up 7 murder charges, and have no consequences for it.

I understand that, but surely rules should be put in place to prevent that instead of punishing the entirety of criminals with 10hr sentences for unique RP scenarios. I get alot of people use to abuse this, but surely if they are doing that they aren't here to roleplay in the first place? 

10hr sentences can take up to a week or more for the average player what is ridiculous and very demotivating. For many criminals its not always about winning but having 10hr jail sentences promotes the play to win aspect.

You said lower the severity of your crimes, doesn't that just promote sticking to the same criminal RP and not thinking out the box or trying different RP?

Edited by Angelo Capone
  • Like 3

It does not limit your RP at all. By severity I more mean how loudly people broadcast their crimes. Instead of sitting around the scene of a shootout for 15 minutes afterwards, get out of there and change your clothes, car, etc. Give misinformation to people to throw them off of your and your allies' trails. Play smarter. Escaping is almost always easier than people think. Not everything needs to lead to a shootout and a pursuit.

Also, do you really want more crim-limiting rules in place? It shouldn't get to a point where we have to implement rules to limit what you guys are doing, you should have self regulation.

• Like 1

Just now, jason said:

It does not limit your RP at all. By severity I more mean how loudly people broadcast their crimes. Instead of sitting around the scene of a shootout for 15 minutes afterwards, get out of there and change your clothes, car, etc. Give misinformation to people to throw them off your and your allies' trails. Play smarter. Escaping is almost always easier than people think. Not everything needs to lead to a shootout and a pursuit.

Fair enough, Personally I have felt my RP has been extremely restricted (same with many others). 

Sometimes broadcasting your crimes is perhaps the way they would like to go about it, as it creates something different, for example a hostage bank robbery is extremely public.

Telling people to only RP crimes that they can only get away with does Limit your RP as you know if you do anything that involves being publicly seen will resort in massive sentences.

"Playing smarter" is one side of being a criminal personally i don't think every criminal should be extremely clever and know every single trick of the trade. Telling people to play smarter is basically telling people to find ways to win as much as you can, what shouldn't be the case.

I don't think were saying sentences should stay the same, but there should be a cap. I think all the sentences should be lowered to give more options to criminals without feeling scared there gonna have to spend a week sitting in DOC

1 hour ago, jason said:

I made this suggestion to lower the prison sentences to a minimum. And yes there should still be a risk you take if you do criminal activities. But 10hr sentences are way to much. If there is no criminal activities, it will be boring PD aswel. 

I came up with another idea.

So if you got time in prison, but you have an alt account and you are roleplaying on that account, the time on your other account still goes down but then like 80-90% slower. So you still can rp outside DOC on an different alt. 

2 minutes ago, AlbertoPanchino said:

I came up with another idea.

So if you got time in prison, but you have an alt account and you are roleplaying on that account, the time on your other account still goes down but then like 80-90% slower. So you still can rp outside DOC on an different alt. 

Wouldn't that be considered MG, as your using the fact that your other character is in jail to play on your Alt. It seems a cheap way to get out of jailtime, however any suggestion with reducing jail time/ or made easier is a +1.

• Like 1

We all are here to have fun but jail time in ecrp is not ic punishment, it's ooc punishment. One guy evade cop because he had gun, what charges will he get? 8 charges with 4 hours jailtime.. I have seen people saying "don't commit crime if you dont want to go jail" or "do it with smart way". These are those people who have legal as main char or who had illegal char years ago and playing legal char now. I would love to see changes so everyone can have fun.

Massive +1

Edited by Devil Neeraj
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Devil Neeraj said:

We all are here to have fun but jail time in ecrp is not ic punishment, it's ooc punishment. One guy evade cop because he had gun, what charges will he get? 8 charges with 4 hours jailtime.. I have seen people saying "don't commit crime if you dont want to go jail" or "do it with smart way". These are those people who have legal as main char or who had illegal char years ago and playing legal char now. I would love to see changes so everyone can have fun.

Massive +1

Or you know, maybe they don't try to always win and surrender and they only get the gun charge? 

We see someone with a gun, we approach them as we have too, at that point its THEIR decision if they will take a loss and surrender for lesser charge, or if they will try and win and risk getting more time, but at that point that's on them and not on PD.  

I seen multiple people who have started to understand that, they will rather comply with us and surrender for lesser time.

Edited by isBrainDed

2 hours ago, isBrainDed said:

Or you know, maybe they don't try to always win and surrender and they only get the gun charge? 

We see someone with a gun, we approach them as we have too, at that point its THEIR decision if they will take a loss and surrender for lesser charge, or if they will try and win and risk getting more time, but at that point that's on them and not on PD.  

I seen multiple people who have started to understand that, they will rather comply with us and surrender for lesser time.

That's the point isn't it? people comply and surrender just because they're too afraid to spend 10hrs on jail while crim rp and gangsters shouldn't be about surrendering to cops at all. It's kind of rivalry so I believe reducing the jailtime would improve the crim rp, give PD/SD even more pursuits and roleplay to do around

massive +1 to the suggestion. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Liam Frankenstein said:

That's the point isn't it? people comply and surrender just because they're too afraid to spend 10hrs on jail while crim rp and gangsters shouldn't be about surrendering to cops at all. It's kind of rivalry so I believe reducing the jailtime would improve the crim rp, give PD/SD even more pursuits and roleplay to do around

massive +1 to the suggestion. 

I wouldn't say they are afraid, they just know the capabilities of PD and the consequences.

And contrary to what people believe, PD is trying to move away from pursuits and action RP and instead focus more on quality, non rushed RP. Having less consequences for someone's actions wont lead to betterment of RP to anyone involved. I would be willing to bet it will just lead to more action without any RP to it ( I don't count arresting RP as quality RP )

38 minutes ago, isBrainDed said:

I wouldn't say they are afraid, they just know the capabilities of PD and the consequences.

And contrary to what people believe, PD is trying to move away from pursuits and action RP and instead focus more on quality, non rushed RP. Having less consequences for someone's actions wont lead to betterment of RP to anyone involved. I would be willing to bet it will just lead to more action without any RP to it ( I don't count arresting RP as quality RP )

You just went straight into one point and left out the most important parts, It's not only about arrests/pursuits. I mean I was in situation days ago where I risked everything to save a gang member of mine and took cop as hostage but I was still hesitating whether I should do that or not [ saving an important gang member ] just because of the jailtime I would receive. There are many roleplay situations that are being avoided not just pursuits/arrests because of the jailtime is way too long. I am not saying it can hugely improve the roleplay but I believe it can add some more fun and rp experiences to everyone. That's why I think this suggestion should be looked at and taken into consideration. 

• Like 2

Huge +1 

6 hours ago, isBrainDed said:

Not trying to be rude or anything but have you played on a criminal before? Being in DOC is very boring and it really does stop you from experiencing other RP opportunities the fines are annoying but its realistic but the time for what your doing is extremely boring and every time ive been in DOC all i do is put on a movie and tab in and out to move around.

• Upvote 3

I would like to start by thanking @AlbertoPanchino on this thread as it is really needed.

So first of all Jason and Brainded both gave only 2 examples about situations but we both know that there is a million other situations that can happen. 

To start with Jason, I do believe that some people might abuse the cap but that does no mean you gota give the man 7 hours. You are saying don't stay in the area of a shootout for longer then 15 mins no one does that. You say that not each situation should end in a shootout true, because wasting bullets on PD is useless you are just losing more money and if you get injured rip with your jail time. In the end we would like to give more rp, cause it does limit your rp cause you be thinking no I should not do that cause it gives me and extra hour in DOC. 

Now to respond to Brainded, you believe that people should start to understand that they need to surrender, why? Why am I supposed to surrender if I have a gun on me and we both know it's hard to get guns around. Have you ever seen criminals pull over and comply to pd of he has murder of a gov employee on his record. 

To make it more clear, we ALL know some people just add charges just to give you a longer sentence and if the officer does not like you... You can rip at Doc for a good time. 

Let me give an example, I am on my bike and I get pulled over for reckless as I am going 175, that's the first charge here 20 mins, I have on me an illegal .50 that's 1 hour in addition. I don't want to go to jail for 1 hour and lose my gun cause personally I lose all my weapons to PD. I decide to take the race, if I evaded, I secured the 1 hour from the felony evading. While evading I will defo be driving like a crazy man to be able to escape, there you go felony public endangerment +1 hour. They gave me demands to pull over I did not, +35 mins for failure to comply. I end up getting rammed by someone else and I go to jail, +10 minutes for wearing a mask. In total for evading and not losing my gun I will be going to jail for 4hours 5 mins. And that's if I did not have a heavy with attachments. 

Now let's talk about the factors that while evading make your thing way more harder. 

You are evading in a sports car, you have multiple cruisers behind you, a t20 and a heli, maybe a couple of 8f drafters. if you are not a good driver/ have good fps. I will be praying for you. 

You are evading on a bike, you will have for sure 1 hakuchou behind you a heli and couple of cruiser. From past experience, we saw PD chasing someone on a bf with 3 bfs 1 hakuchou and 1 traffic bike ( https://streamable.com/j2xe91 ) . All that for just one bike like come on, you might say you can report through IA icly but how  would a criminal know pd regulation if he can't access them. 

Let's not mention those 3 black akumas at La Mesa Precinct where some of people will be using them to be able to keep up with the bikes. Or the drag that some officers be using cause the hakuchou can't keep up with a drag. 

Finally, you can't expect a criminal that is know for killing cops to pull over and surrender like a good boy, that's against his Character's RP. 

I would say rather than keeping:

the gun charge at 1 hour it should be made to 35 mins 

The evading charge at 1 hour should be made to 45 mins 

The public endangerment at 1 hour should be made to 45 mins 

The reckless operation at 20 mins to 10 mins the same as the camera

The failure to comply should be at 15 mins 

The face concealment I find it a stupid charge and it should be made to 5 mins

Now for the murder, I would say it can stay at 1 hour and if any kind of other murder charge is added rather than adding 1 hour the next charge should add 20 mins. 

Example: attempted murder of a gov employee - - > 1 hour + murder of a gov employee - - > +20 mins. Or the opposite. 

Cause PD sometimes just add an accessory to murder for all the people on scene cause they were on the scene. 

About the fines:

I find it weird that you get accessory to attempted murder of a gov employee, that charges is like 45 mins and if you read it, means nothing but you pay 14k fines. I believe if the charge is lowered with anything like attempted or accessory the fines should go down. 

Thanks for reading this reply and I hope everyone understand our point of view. 

Jules. 

Edited by DaMasterSplinter
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, Krish Roshan said:

Huge +1 

Not trying to be rude or anything but have you played on a criminal before? Being in DOC is very boring and it really does stop you from experiencing other RP opportunities the fines are annoying but its realistic but the time for what your doing is extremely boring and every time ive been in DOC all i do is put on a movie and tab in and out to move around.

I did play on a crim, but I knew when to take my risks and when to dip, so my crim was never in prison.

Just now, isBrainDed said:

I did play on a crim, but I knew when to take my risks and when to dip, so my crim was never in prison.

Playing a crim solo is completely different to in a gang, I have been followed/questioned by officers just for being in colours (even had one that aliased my face for being part of a gang and questioned me) it really does stop me from going to places while being a criminal , i stopped going to the pier due to PD just checking my charges and searching my vehicle it really does get to a point where its boring, getting a .50 getting chased by PD/SD rinse repeat

• Like 1