Angrez

Problem about PD with chases

Ok so when you get into a chase police act like the GTA AI police and abuse the game mechanics by driving infront of your car and letting the person being chased crash into the car. This is a total form of FailRP because in real life police in all country's would not drive in front of a car at all because it would simply just kill them, the force of the crash would kill them and the person being chased no matter what car it is apart from a bearcat / riot van in GTA. I think that the cops should not do this as this would simply kill them. I know that I am repeating myself but I just need to get the point across that this should not be done.

• Upvote 1

I can understand your concern about this but on their screen, yes they drive in front, but on your screen and to your client they are next to you, this is a Dsync version of a PIT (Also called Lag Pitting) maneuver, something police do all too often in real life and often one of the only ways we are able to disable suspects vehicles. It is also unrealistic for the suspect just drive all throughout the city posing danger to every civilian.

I can understand your argument, but in this situation especially with Dsync they are trained to do PIT maneuvers, Dsync is what causes the wrecks to look as they do and the Sync got worse since the update in August MUCH worse. Doing a Lag PIT Maneuver is our way in-game of making up for the Latency and Dsync issues with the client.

If you would like, I could get a video and show you what it looks like on both sides, Client vs Client what they see, because, for them, they're in front of you, but for you, they're right next to you or by your back quarter panel as best as they can get. So in no way are they trying to compromise the RP Realism.

1 hour ago, InfamousFelix said:

I can understand your concern about this but on their screen, yes they drive in front, but on your screen and to your client they are next to you, this is a Dsync version of a PIT (Also called Lag Pitting) maneuver, something police do all too often in real life and often one of the only ways we are able to disable suspects vehicles.

Boi you telling me the world is running on GTMP?

• Like 1

-1 as well, you start going down this route, then you also need every criminal to stop crashing into things which would total a car IRL and then keep on driving, which lets be honest, just isnt going to happen. As much as we are trying to RP real life, this is still a game, and some things aren't going to be 100% realistic. The damage a vehicle can take, the damage a person can take, the amount of shots it takes to actually hit half the time, are all things which are part of the game mechanic, and so arent going to be RP'd by everyone to the same degree. If you start insisting police RP it to a much higher standard than 90% of the criminals they chase (which tbf a lot of them already do) then their chances of ever catching someone gets pretty slim.

I would love to see realistic pits and blocking in suspects, but it's impossible as there is no sync nor is it possible to pass a speeding criminal without them deviating course, or enough police to setup ahead of them creating a situation where this would work. there are also no slow pursuits where the police just chase a slow vehicle to the point they run out of fuel or start endangering people's lives prompting action. that is however something I would love to see happen and when I'm playing cop I usually try to follow someone for a while before taking action unless they are known suspects that prompt immediate action.

i agree with Hellequin as a cop i do see this somethings but if thats the case its FailRP on both ends cuz when i have pitted people before they have smashed into a wall or flipped and landed on there wheels etc and they start driving again like nothing happened so if this is a problem on the PDs side it cant be fixed unless people RP crashing properly after being pitted and smashing into a wall etc. I myself have had to go that extra mile to stop someone knowing they aint gunna RP the crash if i pit them like we are meant to.

so im -1 to this as its a problem on both ends not just PD 

Edited by ItzKnight

2 hours ago, ItzKnight said:

i agree with Hellequin as a cop i do see this somethings but if thats the case its FailRP on both ends cuz when i have pitted people before they have smashed into a wall or flipped and landed on there wheels etc and they start driving again like nothing happened so if this is a problem on the PDs side it cant be fixed unless people RP crashing properly after being pitted and smashing into a wall etc. I myself have had to go that extra mile to stop someone knowing they aint gunna RP the crash if i pit them like we are meant to.

so im -1 to this as its a problem on both ends not just PD 

a pit is to touch the suspects back end and sort of spin them round to disable them, NOT driving infront of the suspect and killing yourself and the  suspect at the same time.

58 minutes ago, JackD248 said:

Like also the OPEN THE POLICE MDC everytime they see a car that doesn’t happen in real life not EVERY car they see do they run. Also I agree the way they do pursuits is unrealistic and also very dangerous should it be IRL. 

Ummm they are allowed to, and from watching police documentaries they do it very often. Also i would love to see you try to pit someone IRL with desync. I blame both parties partly for not RPing a crash and police using the cute Desync ram. But then i dont blame the cops for doing what they have to do to make a cheap RPer stop.

Pitting is a common tactic used by the police i dont see how going great speeds can end in the police officer dying since they are the one manipulating the evading car. If you find this annoying then how about do some RP with cops and what not. I dont find it hard to just stop let the cops do their job and actually RP. Im sure not all cops just want to go on endless chases all day, a few evasions i can tell are fun but some proper RP would be better. JS.

• Like 1

The way I see it is that most criminals having super cars driving 200+ in a built up area where there would be regular traffic gridlock and people evading the police for a simple speeding ticket or passing through a red light is major fail rp. The measures the PD take to be able to end a pursuit are put in place due to the game mechanics and desync. Just like most desync issues we adjust the reality slightly to allow real life events happen. Real life events like how just because you're in a super car does not mean you're gunna get away from the police. Besides if you really want to be picky about rp if we lost you in a pursuit we'd trace your license plate to your place of residence and watch for you and take you down as soon as you go home because no criminal actually rps hiding out after a full pursuit like you would in real life.

• Upvote 1

On 3/8/2018 at 9:21 AM, JackD248 said:

+1 100% 

I think in the server a lot of the things police do are u realistic they just look to arrest people nothing else. Like also the OPEN THE POLICE MDC everytime they see a car that doesn’t happen in real life not EVERY car they see do they run. Also I agree the way they do pursuits is unrealistic and also very dangerous should it be IRL. 

LOL. This happens constantly in real life. Suspicious cars are a thing, and believe it or not police do often check on cars they find suspicious. You're complaining that someone in PD is finding a reason to RP with you. If you do criminal actions, and have charges on your record, then you will eventually be caught it is only a matter of time.

• Upvote 1