Kjaer

Personal Non-Faction Influence

I think players should be able to increase their personal non-factional influence level within turfs so that they may order BASIC black market supplies (cook ingredients, limited attachments, flashlight? MAYBEE a low quality body armor? + inconspicuous repairman items at bulk with reduced pricing, NO GUNS) at a lower quantity amount (half) and marked up price than what the factions buy at once they've built and maintained high enough influence. These shipments should have a higher % chance of being intercepted with gang intelligence, the gang being the main controller of the turf being notified. This change should be implemented because currently I have no reason to not use gangs to chop my cars, they dont really take a cut because theyre keeping influence and then I also get the protection of a gang for basically nothing. I should have personal leverage to chop/sell/exchange money on their territory and make a name for myself among the merchants and import items from them to expand or continue my business with cheaper resources such as picks, bolt-cutters, etc. even if I am not in a gang. If I am chopping near a hundred thousand dollars worth of profit to these guys, I think they would trust me and talk with me to get me some tools and resources. Same goes for those cooking and selling 10's of kilos to these guys of hard ass drugs or exchanging tens of thousands in stolen packed money. Eventually 'influence' would be earned and we would get some little perks. I am not for taking away from gang-common crim RP. I think this will create interesting interactions and create some choices (riskvsreward) for the player when deciding where to sell and chop.

Thanks for reading, I hope you guys can get on board with this. If there is anything you think needs improvement feel free to add and build to the suggestion so we can get it added.

Edited by Kjaer
Addition reasoning + typo
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 9

+1

Small time criminals should also be able to, maybe not import a lot of items, but one item only, no matter what it is.

Using another gang's contact also, could alert them to your activities, and they could also have a chance to intercept it, or you...

Edited by Xoza

I think this is a good compromise between all or nothing for official factions. I'd even include some basic weapons, as long as the cooldown is long enough, and if they're priced considerably more than the official faction imports. 

This should be a way to break a monopoly, but not a viable alternative for everyone to get easy access to guns.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

+1

Small time criminals should also be able to, maybe not import a lot of items, but one item only, no matter what it is.

Using another gang's contact also, could alert them to your activities, and they could also have a chance to intercept it, or you...

If we are talking about individual credibility with the dealers here then I think there should not be any alerts to the gang after a certain point. Realistically the relationship would not make any sense if the player is grinding away to build his cred and then the dealer just snitches on him or her every time a shipment of an item is ordered.

I think this is a good compromise between all or nothing for official factions. I'd even include some basic weapons, as long as the cooldown is long enough, and if they're priced considerably more than the official faction imports. 

This should be a way to break a monopoly, but not a viable alternative for everyone to get easy access to guns.

+1

Being part of a big gang myself, at this point I support anything that brings more crim RP to the server, some ppl on my suggestion thread said crims will always be biased towards their own interest, however directly this is against my personal interest but I def support it 100% since it brings more RP to solo criminals + myself since if intercepted will result into RP from my end, and gangs will keep an eye on who's talking to their dealers etc and over all crims will have more player to player interactions between each other, whether someone is caught overstepping and dealing with someone on a turf that's not their own, or they get away with it and a drop is intercepted etc. 

Overall it would improve RP for small time criminals, and also bring new opportunities to the bigger ones

• Like 1