Oli

.50s in the back

8 hours ago, Percival said:

Get a gun where you can conceal better than. Now you have a way to protect yourself without the risks of a cop seeing you have a gun. It's not going a bit TOO far at all, and it is VERY fair.

Did you not read my whole post or just the last part? My main character doesn't need to worry about hiding it from police officers but hiding it from people who are just scanning for .50's to rob. 

Also, I stated that there shouldn't be any bias towards PD or Crim's "Winning" from a certain change or added feature, but just promoting good RP. However, it appears there's a problem that some people don't fully RP situations and just see a gun on someones back and immediately attempts to arrest them or harass them about it.

• Like 3
  • NAY 1

Imagine being a heavy rp server and making a stupid rule like 'if he sees it, arrest him'. You guys are actively discouraging roleplay to a high standard by saying this. Clothes cover guns. It's not a hard concept to grasp. You're allowing powergaming like this and even low rp servers wouldn't fall to this.

Servers changes are really being made like its a police vs gang thing. It's purely RP only.

Edited by LuchaLeii
  • Like 3

+1, it makes sense, also I suggest that we can  discuss about heavies in cars, they're also follow the same rule as pistols, the rule says that if someone see the heavy inside the car they see it (does not matter if they see it by third person or first person), it makes 0 sense in my opinion. there should be at least RP for that and not just yelling that " blue car's driver has an AK".

Edited by Diego King
  • Like 1

Hey look another topic PD vs Crime 

On topic though , someone said powergaming BUT when a cop saw my shotgun going out of the window ( full black tinted window ) ( call it a bug or a script wise issue )  and i asked how come , the answer was GTA is a third person game , if you see it you see it 
He was an admin aswell so why we even talking about this ? 😍
So if PD want to talk about realism we can do it sure , IRL a gun wont be glitched out of the window and you will get smoked by 4 ogs in a car cause you have no idea they got heavy weapons on them 

Edited by WindEZ
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

On 7/28/2020 at 6:02 AM, LuchaLeii said:

Imagine being a heavy rp server and making a stupid rule like 'if he sees it, arrest him'. You guys are actively discouraging roleplay to a high standard by saying this. Clothes cover guns. It's not a hard concept to grasp. You're allowing powergaming like this and even low rp servers wouldn't fall to this.

Servers changes are really being made like its a police vs gang thing. It's purely RP only.

facts

To all the cops saying "get a concealable weapon instead of .50": this isn't csgo, there isn't supposed to be advantages and disadvantages to every weapon to make them equal. This is about realism, and a .50 pistol would absolutely be concealable with the right clothing (e.g. the Aztecas flannel shirt)

Why do you even consider roleplaying a body cam if its not even visible on your clothing? It's not even an item that you can buy. You accept a body cam's roleplay that is not even visible on most of the clothes (if its a thing on PD's clothing) but not accept it when people roleplay concealing their guns. I could be wearing a hoodie and roleplay hiding my .50 inside its muff. I think that the body cam shouldn't even be a thing because it's not even an item and you also can't see it with your eyes.

EXACTLY they were perfectly content RPing that they had an item that we couldn't see, but denied that logic when applying it to a visual bug. A visual bug that also harmed the new player 10x(due to arrest records + jail time, aka REAL TIME stuck doing nothing + fines) way more than it harms an officer who would what, miss out on 1 arrest? While also getting paid for the whole scenario. Benefit of the RP doubt should ALWAYS go to the player who stands to lose the most.

I think this is something that could be addressed in a future clothing update, but the weapon was placed visible on a person, as they are quite large and when it was not visible, it was too easy to be ass-pulling the weapons of mass destruction from your pocket every time.

This is a bit of a necro-post but still.

Personally, I think if you are carrying it on your waist, being able to choose which side or back you have it hanging would be a nice choice.

But if we're talking about concealing completely, then I think you'd need to access your inventory, right click then use and have it be some kind of animation that draws the gun so we don't go back to the instant ass pull that the weapon wheel offers.

+1, you can tuck any gun into a waistband of your trousers and just pull your shirt over it. Pistols should just be invisible on the character model, similarly to how 50 ap armour is for legals. Obviously larger weapons would remain on your back. Quite often now days because of sync issues, I have had a .50 on my back even whilst not having one in my inventory at all...

+1 I think the reason this hasn't been messed with is it's probably a desync nightmare. It's hard enough to know if your hat is still on your head, let alone if your weapon is hidden to just you, or everybody(It seems common to have your .50 on your hip/back, and on first logging in,it may not appear on you, possibly this type of de-sync could lead you to think it was hidden when it wasn't.) Concealed carry is a widely known, and common practice in the United States, Weather or not it is legally permissible in Eclipse is an IC factor that could create more RP IE: Concealed Carry License/Charges for concealing a weapon unlawfully.

OOC'ly I Disagree with concealed carry But IC'ly I play a redneck I'm sure would be all about it. It's certainly realistic, especially in The United States, to conceal a high caliber pistol. The argument to be made is whether or not you could do it with a specialized holster. (Concealed Carry Holsters both exist, and are expensive.)