Flucifial

CREATE A SERVER (IC) CONSTITUTION OR BILL OF RIGHTS

As it is right now the only laws enforced are from the penal code. I think that instead of just assuming we are under the U.S constitution in ECLIPSE, we make our own that clearly states civilian rights, laws on government officials and law enforcement, etc.

Reason for this is that we got people playing from all over, not everyone knows the United States constitution or even lives in the United States. 

Chu all think of dis? 

• Upvote 3

+1 To providing an understanding of rights.

7 hours ago, Mopop said:

We really need to get a DoJ rolling soon.

-1, just won't work, not enough manpower and too much time. By the time 'court' ends, whether charged or not, you would have served that time, by that time.

• Like 2

I would love to see something like constitution being put in place which clearly states your rights and goes into further detail, however, in terms of a DoJ, I'd go with what Xoza said - it consumes too much time and by the time your case is done - you will be done with your jail time. 

• Like 1

I agree that a DoJ will not work since it would take too long. But there needs to be a system where you can dispute charges other than the IA report system. It's not justifiable that you should serve time and pay fines for a crime you might be innocent of, especially if you were to have recording of the situation which got you the charge.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, raademar said:

I agree that a DoJ will not work since it would take too long. But there needs to be a system where you can dispute charges other than the IA report system. It's not justifiable that you should serve time and pay fines for a crime you might be innocent of, especially if you were to have recording of the situation which got you the charge.

PD should not be the people reviewing charge disputes either, that should be left to government. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, raademar said:

I agree, I would love to see an appeal system that could expunge charges. Again, manpower though would be a requirement and while *Law Enforcement* may not be the one doing it, the individuals that do, should have experience in it.

• Like 1

I like the idea, but your talking a huge forum based position, and well frankly I know i would much rather not have to be the one doing it, your talking based on the number of arrests, you would be looking at 500+ cases to review a day, with evidence from both sides. You would also need to make a way for /record to store video as there are players that don't have the computer power to record. You'd also need a way to validate rp that it actually happened... the leg work for each case would be huge, and would force pd members to spend even more time on the forums and it would be forced, you would see a decrease in PD as we didn't come to a roleplay server to play forum warriors.

I like the idea but you'd need to figure out how to make it work so that it didn't result in hours of forum work, and also what happens to people while the charges are pending, i would hope we aren't going to let a murder roam the streets while his case is reviewed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I do not want to see a DOJ on this server, the pettiest crimes would go to court and be rendered a big deal, waste of everyone's time.  Not to mention, it would be terrible for a cop to be forced to deal with this.  They shouldn't have to be "obligated" to do even more paperwork than they already do. 

My big problem with the penal code and the laws though, are that the cops get to the write the penal code which doesn't make any sense at all.  In fact, I believe somethings in the penal code should be changed, especially with fines / times for things.  

Just my two cents though.

The pd didn't write the penal code it was written a long time ago, a couple laws were added because of IC reasons and by ic discussions. Prison times were reduced alot and fines are in place to compensate for the fact that people get a huge government cheque every hour.

Edited by Jbacon

32 minutes ago, Jbacon said:

The pd didn't write the penal code it was written a long time ago, a couple laws were added because of IC reasons and by ic discussions. Prison times were reduced alot and fines are in place to compensate for the fact that people get a huge government cheque every hour.

Was this new update recently? Since as far as I'm aware even if prison times were reduced by half in total you rack up way more jail time since there is no 2hour cap so I wouldn't agree with your statement. 

Also "huge cheque" is like 1000 dollars every hour when food and water costs more in that hour so once again I disagree with you.

Thing is that I have worked in PD and I know that sometimes people get acussed for no reason and sometimes they get even punished due to PG. I say sometimes since we're all humans and sometimes we think we know better than we actually do happpens to everyone. I actually believe there should be some kind of DOJ system in this server, would be opprotunity for a new faction to create, juries and so on which would actually bring a loads of RP in this server.

Thing is that if you're innocent or police can't prove you did the crime you lose your ooc time and get fined as well and lose your stuff. I'm not saying oh every case should be reviewed in mean time while person is being handled before jail, this can actually be done after the fact when person gets out of the jail to clean his record, get back the fines paid and even get bonus for his time loss. I know there would be loads of people try to abuse that but if evidence is really hard and there is just no way for a mistake (and i mean criminals knows when they actually commited a crime) they could be fined or imprisoned even more since it's a crime to lie in the court. Or maybe even to rply sign a paper where criminal admits for his crimes and sentence gets lowered but there's no way to appeal after then since irl if you admit to your crimes you most likely will get lower sentence as well. 

Thing is that civilian roleplay is really dead we need something new, we need more RP for criminals, civilians and PD since they're saying they already have shortage in crime, so if there's a way to implament DOJ it would benefit all 3 roles in one go. I'm not saying this would be easy to implament but it's possible to do so.

Edited by SamuelGunn

1 hour ago, Jbacon said:

I like the idea, but your talking a huge forum based position, and well frankly I know i would much rather not have to be the one doing it, your talking based on the number of arrests, you would be looking at 500+ cases to review a day, with evidence from both sides. You would also need to make a way for /record to store video as there are players that don't have the computer power to record. You'd also need a way to validate rp that it actually happened... the leg work for each case would be huge, and would force pd members to spend even more time on the forums and it would be forced, you would see a decrease in PD as we didn't come to a roleplay server to play forum warriors.

I like the idea but you'd need to figure out how to make it work so that it didn't result in hours of forum work, and also what happens to people while the charges are pending, i would hope we aren't going to let a murder roam the streets while his case is reviewed.

My suggestion is that the server creates its own constitution and/or bill of rights. I don't know where all that other shit came from lmao 

7 minutes ago, Flucifial said:

My suggestion is that the server creates its own constitution and/or bill of rights. I don't know where all that other shit came from lmao 

Can you read? I never quoted your suggestion, there was a discussion about DOJ stop being so narcissistic, everyone can read title and understand what your suggesion is about 🙂
As far as I'm aware this is a suggesion which is based on people discussion as I said step down from your high horse and let the discussion flow maybe someone will come with better ideas in the future from bits and bobs while discussing...

Edited by SamuelGunn

5 minutes ago, SamuelGunn said:

Can you read? I never quoted your suggestion, there was a discussion about DOJ stop being so narcissistic, everyone can read title and understand what your suggesion is about 🙂
As far as I'm aware this is a suggesion which is based on people discussion as I said step down from your high horse and let the discussion flow maybe someone will come with better ideas in the future from bits and bobs while discussing...

Bacon the homie that was not meant to come off rude, sorry if it did 😄 

4 minutes ago, Flucifial said:

Bacon the homie that was not meant to come off rude, sorry if it did 😄 

Thing is that if there's a bill of rights but noone to make sure that citizens rights are actually protected there will be no point of having them in the first place so there's still must be someona responsible for that.

1 minute ago, SamuelGunn said:

Thing is that if there's a bill of rights but noone to make sure that citizens rights are actually protected there will be no point of having them in the first place so there's still must be someona responsible for that.

Law enforcement / government would make sure citizens rights are protected, I think saying that there would be no point is wrong. PD and SD are barely allowed to be corrupt, so I see there being no issue. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.