padpilot

Inflamatory forum emote/reactions

3 minutes ago, kenichis said:

mnTqlLB.jpg

yes, i found myself using them, only after using them did i think "wait, im being a bit toix here", so, wont use them again and hence the post

pmost 🙂 only after doing something do i sometimes realize its not the best move. 

🙂 

point stll remains valid

Edited by padpilot
  • Like 3

I agree, I've always thought it was an odd decision to add these. I'm as bad as anyone else and use them a lot, and I understand we are playing an adult game but these emotes do seem to contradict the idea of having civil discussions. There are so many cases where a faction will brigade someone's comment/post and spam the chromosone reaction instead of giving an actual response.

Inb4 people start doing that in this thread

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Malcolm Carter said:

I agree, I've always thought it was an odd decision to add these. I'm as bad as anyone else and use them a lot, and I understand we are playing an adult game but these emotes do seem to contradict the idea of having civil discussions. There are so many cases where a faction will brigade someone's comment/post and spam the chromosone reaction instead of giving an actual response.

Inb4 people start doing that in this thread

This. Done it myself as well, but it's probably not conducive to a more community friendly feel.

Like/Dislike, Funny, Sad, Angry. All you need really.

• Upvote 1

Reactions should be simple and straightforward, without the 'meme' which most people don't understand anyway.

+1 Keep it simple.

7 hours ago, GOAT said:

Like/Dislike, Funny, Sad, Angry. All you need really.

Edited by Xoza
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, DetectiveStone said:

maybe more reactions like OP stated but if you can’t handle memes then why play video games 

Been gaming for like 22-23 years mate, this is the first time ive ever heard memes associated with gaming in such a way, think its as a Richard Dawkins term, wasnt even used until 2013 ish within the gaming/internet communities.

2 hours ago, Actualbears said:

We are all terrible people here in the gaming community, You would of really figured that out by now. 

Don't be disheartened by some autism fueled emotes on a forum where shitposting is half the battle.

If shitposting is half the battle then what the fuck are we all doing here .

I've come up with some reports in the past all being dismissed about this issue, at the time I reported someone for some sort of anti-rp which the person got issued with something, him and his friends went through all my posts giving me feelschromosome that lead to my super negative rating on the forum, not because of what I comment, just because a group of angry friends oocly decided to start the harassment. 

Forum rating shouldn't be decided by reactions but some other features like publications (useful ones), activity, etc..

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Skizee said:

I've come up with some reports in the past all being dismissed about this issue, at the time I reported someone for some sort of anti-rp which the person got issued with something, him and his friends went through all my posts giving me feelschromosome that lead to my super negative rating on the forum, not because of what I comment, just because a group of angry friends oocly decided to start the harassment. 

Forum rating shouldn't be decided by reactions but some other features like publications (useful ones), activity, etc..

😞 Have an upvote

• Upvote 1

On 11/6/2019 at 2:16 AM, DetectiveStone said:

maybe more reactions like OP stated but if you can’t handle memes then why play video games 

Because it's not restricted to memey posts, is it? It's on people's reports, it's on their suggestions, it's on their regular discussions etc..

If you're stopping people from contributing to discussions or even posting altogether because they worry they aren't gunna be taken seriously, that's shitty. The forum is for those posts, no?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Considering we have a rule regarding "ooc insults" and how we should treat each other with respect, having a reaction that tells someone they're retarded seems contradictory.

Listen, I know it's a meme and all, but really, what other point is there in these reactions other than insulting someone for whatever opinion they have? I do admit it can have its place in IC threads or shitposts, but outside of that, I feel it should be removed. Especially reports.

Edited by SaltyPython
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1