Victor Einhart

[Website] Limit Signature Sizes

What's more annoying are the people who manually put their gigantic ass picture at the end of every post (not even in the signature). I have signatures disabled and have to manually make adblock rules for these people putting signatures in the body of their posts (Hi Jimmy Mayweather) which ultimately doesn't work because he is manually uploading the file each time, but at least he'll run out of forum upload space eventually.

19 minutes ago, TreMetal said:

What's more annoying are the people who manually put their gigantic ass picture at the end of every post (not even in the signature). I have signatures disabled and have to manually make adblock rules for these people putting signatures in the body of their posts (Hi Jimmy Mayweather) which ultimately doesn't work because he is manually uploading the file each time, but at least he'll run out of forum upload space eventually.

Cool i actually don't care, why you salty over the smallest thing?

That is because basically everyone else on the forum put their signature in their signature (hence I do not see them).. and this topic is about obnoxiously large signatures.  Yours is/was a 1000x563 image with just your name in block text when the entire text fits in 678x70 space.  Just kind of fit the bill.

-1 to this,

Most people like to represent something with their signatures and there is a lot of well done ones out there.

I don't understand why all signatures should be limited to certain terms because of a few, use the already existing option and turn them off if needed. 

Edited by CallumMontie
Edited to fix a sentence.

14 minutes ago, CallumMontie said:

-1 to this,

Most people like to represent something with their signatures and there is a lot of well done ones out there.

I don't understand why all signatures should be disabled because a few, use the already existing option and turn them off if needed. 

He didn't say he wanted all signatures disabled

3 hours ago, CallumMontie said:

-1 to this,

I don't understand why all signatures should be limited to certain terms because of a few, use the already existing option and turn them off if needed. 

I agree with you, and I'd like to see those signatures you're talking about without having to manually switch off every second person because theirs takes up half the page.  What you're suggesting would turn off the ones I want to see instead of only the egregious ones.

Big +1, moderation needed.

Yes, you can hide them, on the far right top of the signature with the 'xv' button, and hide all or specific user signatures, but I actually like to see peoples signatures and hate how they're abused and how obnoxious they can be. I like to know who's talking since (characters<->accounts) don't usually match, and what interests or new things they have.

Signatures should be clean and straight forward, try to reduce a messy looking forum.

I wouldn't mind seeing an option to see smaller signatures instead of completely on/off. People could have 2 variants of their signatures and one would be required to be a certain dimension maximum and the other would be as it is now.  Currently I have them all off (and have basically since I frequented the forum) but would not mind seeing some smaller sized signatures to see who the people are instead of only their forum name.