WillJ

Toggle volume of radio and individuals.

Basically, I think it would be nice if we could change the volume of the radio, since you might not want it off just in case but it's just too loud ie person with particularly loud mic, lots of people talking. 

Also, some people have much louder voices than others, so I also think it would be cool if we could turn down or potentially even mute individual players without lowering the volume of everybody. However, I understand that muting could be used by some players to get out of certain RP situations so i'd understand if that was a phat -1

As nice as it would be, i’d have to say -1. I don’t really think it’s realistic to be able to change the volume at which people speak, and personally I could see this being abused by people. For instance, say someone toggles them down to 1 like with speakers, you’re essentially just blocking out everything they say - which I find to be very unrealistic. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Zion Willard said:

As nice as it would be, i’d have to say -1. I don’t really think it’s realistic to be able to change the volume at which people speak, and personally I could see this being abused by people. For instance, say someone toggles them down to 1 like with speakers, you’re essentially just blocking out everything they say - which I find to be very unrealistic. 

I know you can't irl, but irl people dont have extremely loud background noises and crackling when they speak since a lot of people on the server dont have the best mics/have very sensitive mics. I'm aware it could be abused which i mentioned, but I'm sure there are things that could be done to prevent it at least to an extent, like having to put a valid reason when lowering someone along with the command. 

The main concern is radio though; it's a massive ballache because you have like 5 people talking at a time and you might not be able to turn it off for ic reasons 

45 minutes ago, Malcolm Carter said:

there used to be a radio volume command, /rvv or something. It was really useful - I think they got rid of it when they changed the voice server they were using. It would be a welcome return for sure if possible

The "if possible" is the thing, I have really little experience with RAGE and the extensions the server uses in a coding sense, so pretty much every suggestion I make is without knowledge of whether it's possible/realistic in the first place

I remember having /rvv (radio voice volume) indeed, which.. partly worked? 
I am slightly concerned that this could be abused though. Being only able to lower volume could indeed be abused aswell. Same like the speakers now. Or maybe only for radio.... But a general volume button for all radio traffic comming in? As that would be an actual function of a radio IRL.
I am actually quite curious why /rvv got removed, but I also understand that it is not the most realistic. I indeed encoutered many people who blow up my head and the best thing to do is asking if they can lower their volume, gain, level, etc. That way, everyone get equal results.

Edited by Yputi

As much as my ears hate me for saying this but -1 because this can so easily be abused to just ignore somebody and ruin another person’s RP experience. How would you feel if you were trying to actively engage with somebody and they just turned you down to the point where they couldn’t hear you anymore?

+1, I would certainly hope that if you are muting a radio it is not to blatantly ignore someone. Most people use a radio frequency within a group of friends or a gang, it seems contradicting to mute your friends to disengage from any roleplay. If RAGE does allow the option to change radio volume, I see this as a bonus to save your ears from excessively loud mics.

Players are able to turn down specific volumes of Proximity, Radio, Speakers, and phones by utilizing the command /volume. Turning down the volume of individual players could potentially make you miss some RP and wouldn't be beneficial to players.

This is now Locked & Archived

Regards,
Ramo