santantnin

A Military faction

I'm sure I have seen it in player factions but I don't really see it implemented properly. From my experience it just ends up being a paramilitary faction with criminal ties instead of a true National Guard force. People always say they are corrupt but from my experience I have yet to meet a truly corrupt gun runner who gets his guns from the NG. But that might just be me.

I suggest making a more in depth guide, explaining how it will all work IC, the internal rules, their functionality and how they would be beneficial. A lot of those points also apply on a OOC level, how will RP work within the faction and how it will tie with other factions and players. 

I had other plans for a faction but if there is a bit of interest I wouldn't mind setting something up. I would like to get a bit more experience in ERP first before I go setting up a whole new faction but if there is interest I would be more than happy to set something up.

We currently have three law enforcement agencies, DOC, PD, SD. 

A nation guard wouldn't be a bad idea, but as it stands it is a big -1 from me. The way I saw it implemented in NGG and other SAMP servers was justified seeing as criminals were much more of a threat with huge gangs, copious amounts of heavy weaponry and RP scenarios that impacted entire cities. 

If we had 500+ players with multiple gangs (with a lot of active members) and were more lenient with access to weaponry then I could see a use for the national guard (Imagine a gang taking over a government building, a bank robbery involving a huge number of people and heavy weapons or a gang war), but as of right now, SD and PD (and their respective SWAT units) are enough to deal with the criminal factions of the city. Maybe this might change in the future.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kyle White Raven said:

We currently have three law enforcement agencies, DOC, PD, SD. 

A nation guard wouldn't be a bad idea, but as it stands it is a big -1 from me. The way I saw it implemented in NGG and other SAMP servers was justified seeing as criminals were much more of a threat with huge gangs, copious amounts of heavy weaponry and RP scenarios that impacted entire cities. 

If we had 500+ players with multiple gangs (with a lot of active members) and were more lenient with access to weaponry then I could see a use for the national guard (Imagine a gang taking over a government building, a bank robbery involving a huge number of people and heavy weapons or a gang war), but as of right now, SD and PD (and their respective SWAT units) are enough to deal with the criminal factions of the city. Maybe this might change in the future.

I see it implemented Poorly quite consistently across communities as they mainly use it as a way to import heavy weaponry. We can def take our time on this one as the commumnity grows

With our current player base, having NG / Military Faction is not possible. Might be a future update if we could grow player base further and yes with the existence of more gangs which in a larger scale would be difficult for LSPD alone to handle which would then require adding NG / Military as a new faction to aid LSPD on large scales crimes concerning National Security. Don't get me wrong not wanting to have it, just stating facts... I love to have the Military faction too actually. 

I usually love the military in the games as i'm part of the military my self, but i would agree to wait for a bigger community before implementing it, I can see the problem if everyone chooses to joining a law enforcement department. Hopefully in the future we can see some type of national guard.

Couple questions:

What would their mission be?

What would they do during "downtime" when they aren't responding to a situation that requires the military (read: most of the time)?

Would they have similar protection to the LSPD where their faction weapons can't be stolen?  If not, isn't this just a way for criminals to get even more heavy weapons?

If we're gonna imitate real life in my country at least, firstly they'll be able to do road blocks in search for drugs and enforcing highway laws, usually when we have no work we do basic training such as roleplay radio procedures, IS situations ( riot control situation) Infantry training, Vehicle specialization if we get tanks, apc's or even jets for example, Weapons training should be a regular thing as well with shooting practice also, the rules of engagement theories (ROE theory), and much more that's not coming to mind at the moment. As for weapons being stolen i say make it like the LSPD where their weapons can't be stolen.

Also i thing that should be is a rank of low status (Recruit to Staff Sargent) should not be able to arrest, only Officers have the authority to arrest criminals, low ranks can only detain and wait for either the police or a high ranking officer.

I agree wholeheartedly atm the server population is too small to support a NG force. Give me a few days to finish my Summer term finals and I can link up with a few people who want to atleast get the background and lore set up and I am happy to devote my Military Experience as both an Active and NG soldier to setting it up in preparation for a larger server population. Better to have it all set and ready to go than scramble last minute.

22 hours ago, Victor Einhart said:

Couple questions:

What would their mission be?

What would they do during "downtime" when they aren't responding to a situation that requires the military (read: most of the time)?

Would they have similar protection to the LSPD where their faction weapons can't be stolen?  If not, isn't this just a way for criminals to get even more heavy weapons?

* Their mission is to ensure national security, aid in natural calamities/disaster, response to large scale terrorism

*They could do training in combat, vehicle formations, drills and guard the military base furthermore they can be tasked to deliver weapon crates to factions 

*Should be the same as LSPD

NOTE: you see the roleplay with having them has endless possibilities, all we do really need is "Enough" player base to make it logically possible to have it.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Sabrina Candace said:

* Their mission is to ensure national security, aid in natural calamities/disaster, response to large scale terrorism

*They could do training in combat, vehicle formations, drills and guard the military base furthermore they can be tasked to deliver weapon crates to factions 

NOTE: you see the roleplay with having them has endless possibilities, all we do really need is "Enough" player base to make it logically possible to have it.

Definitely agree with this one. 

Possibilities are endless when it comes to Army RP.

1 hour ago, Sabrina Candace said:

If there is a “National Guard”, who will be the Commander in Chief? Keep in mind San Andreas is a fictional state in the USA. Meaning we would technically have a President. We don’t even have a Mayor and Governor yet, I don’t think “national security” is in the interest of San Andreas alone.

Also, if the proposed Military Faction has the same function / capability as the LSPD then why even bother? It doesn’t even make sense in an RP situation since as far as I know the army can’t make arrests unless marshal law is declared. So they’re basically going to be the LSPD with less function since they can’t even make arrest without breaking RP immersion.

Just my thoughts.

Would make much more sense for a private military faction to be formed like Murkywater. They would actually have a purpose like being able to hire security or “assassinations,” although I think I’ve seen similar player made businesses that offer the same thing.

3 hours ago, kenichis said:

Also, if the proposed Military Faction has the same function / capability as the LSPD then why even bother? It doesn’t even make sense in an RP situation since as far as I know the army can’t make arrests unless marshal law is declared. So they’re basically going to be the LSPD with less function since they can’t even make arrest without breaking RP immersion.

In my country the army can arrest but only of officer ranks, lower tier ranks can only detain so they can either radio in for an officer or get the police.

4 hours ago, kenichis said:

If there is a “National Guard”, who will be the Commander in Chief? Keep in mind San Andreas is a fictional state in the USA. Meaning we would technically have a President. We don’t even have a Mayor and Governor yet, I don’t think “national security” is in the interest of San Andreas alone.

Just my thoughts.

Would make much more sense for a private military faction to be formed like Murkywater. They would actually have a purpose like being able to hire security or “assassinations,” although I think I’ve seen similar player made businesses that offer the same thing.

The commander of the NG unit would be the governor of the state. However I don't see the need to have an actual person being in each position of leadership. Having a fictional person in most levels above company would be in keeping with the whole "lore" of the NG but having it at a Company level would be, logistically, your best bet for having an NG unit. Factually you would have from the top the Governor ->Commander of state guard units/ AG-> Assistant AG -> Battalion/Troop/Battery Commanders -> Company -> Platoon. But this is an oversimplification of the actual Command structure. Plus it is excluding the entirety of the NCO/Enlisted command structure as well.

For the purpose of RP in this community a buildup of Battalion Commander/ CSM -> 1 Company Commander/1 1SG -> 1-3 Platoon Leaders/ 1-3Platoon Sergeants -> 1-3 Squad leaders would be the absolute max I can envision occurring.

As far as the RP involved with an NG unit I do NOT suggest it act as a LE entity. Maybe it being an MP unit would be beneficial to this to act as more of a Riot Back-up or even as a subordinate unit to a DEA mission, an IRL mission I might add. There are many possibilities you can use to come up with the Lore and RP of a guard unit that doesn't involve tanks and jets and helicopters and such.

From a personal note I have recently transitioned to the NG from Active duty and the NG encompasses so much more than just deploying to riots or being there for marshal law. Like mentioned above we have guys tasked out to the DEA for counter drug operations. Disaster relief and post disaster cleanup are another major thing, Assisting and training local LE, trust me I have been shot with Sim rounds more than I care to think about because they hurt. Search and rescue and training smaller LE agencies in disciplines they normally wouldn't normally be able to fit in their budget.

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.