corrosive

Have traffic cops only for traffic offences.

With the huge number of police now in, the cops are jail time trigger happy. They pulled me over and threatend me with jail for making a uturn. I got pulled 6 times in one day and searched for looking suspicious. I was only driving around and following traffic laws. Fair enough people get bored, but it seems I can do anything now. Because I have to grind to get little pay, just to lose it to harrasing cops and their situations. Along with with update which already has people stressed, the police are killing the fun

3 minutes ago, corrosive said:

With the huge number of police now in, the cops are jail time trigger happy. They pulled me over and threatend me with jail for making a uturn. I got pulled 6 times in one day and searched for looking suspicious. I was only driving around and following traffic laws. Fair enough people get bored, but it seems I can do anything now. Because I have to grind to get little pay, just to lose it to harrasing cops and their situations. Along with with update which already has people stressed, the police are killing the fun

IA report.

• Upvote 1

On 7/3/2019 at 7:08 AM, DaniDota said:

IA report.

An have you ever seen IA punish anyone who is a friend to command or the investigator? 

We should regulate the PD; Remove their ability to investigate IA reports and give it to a more neutral faction for investigation (AKA the Gov). Then we can impose laws on the PD to follow; as at the moment they have free reign over what they do. Not something handed as policy, I'm talking good old fashion laws from the San Andreas Gov

Edited by Tezhl
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2019 at 3:04 PM, corrosive said:

They pulled me over and threatend me with jail for making a uturn. I got pulled 6 times in one day and searched for looking suspicious. I was only driving around and following traffic laws.

Use the forums and report the officer if it is a rule break, if not you can OOC'ly and IC'ly report officers through Internal Affairs (IA). If you are in fact not breaking any laws at all and still getting arrested/charged then that can count as corruption and it is against LSPD faction and server rules. 

As for the overall suggestion, I don't see the point of having traffic cops for traffic offenses. Most officers are ''General Patrol'', this means that they respond to 911 calls, backup calls, panic alarms, 24/7 robberies, etc... One of these duties is also traffic regulation, there is no point in having another specific unit for traffic offenses because such offenses are a part of basic duties for all officers. The only thing I see happening if this gets implemented is just another division being added to LSPD and a bunch of regulations being added that prevents officers outside of traffic enforcement from giving out tickets and conducting traffic stops because people can't be bothered to follow traffic laws.

Anyone with a license (acquired from the DMV in-game) should have a basic understanding of the traffic laws on the server, if you break them then be prepared to deal with the consequences, this is a Hardcore RP server, not a stunt jumping server.

9 minutes ago, Tezhl said:

An have you ever seen IA punish anyone who is a friend to command or the investigator? 

We should regulate the PD; Remove their ability to investigate IA reports and give it to a more neutral faction for investigation (AKA the Gov). Then we can impose laws on the PD to follow; as at the moment they have free reign over what they do. Not something handed as policy, I'm talking good old fashion laws from the San Andreas Gov

Do you have any evidence for these claims ?

26 minutes ago, Tezhl said:

Yea, look at handlings of IA reports past Detective 1 - SGT

I'm going to assume for sake of argument that your claim is true (Even though literally no one besides higher-ups have access to IA report archives, but apparently you are an all knowing god)

Even IF you are correct, this proves nothing, it is merely a correlation (I.E. A coincidence). If you want to claim that IA reports past Det 1/SGT are biased or rigged then you need to prove that foul play from LSPD High Command is taking place. Saying ''Hey just look at the report, no one past Det1/SGT has ever been punished'' is NOT sufficient evidence for the claim you are trying to peddle.

I do believe that from my time in PD, TEO's were not required to respond to non-traffic related calls, unless there was a TAC situation going on or there was a low amount of officers in-game at that moment. If you're suggesting to restrict them completely, -1 from me. 

18 hours ago, Tezhl said:

Yes, many times. IA is completely impartial. If a valid IA report is submitted, it is taken serious regardless of OOC/IC friendships.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tezhl said:

17 hours ago, Tezhl said:

Yea, look at handlings of IA reports past Detective 1 - SGT

I've been in IA for 6 months, 4 of those being the Assistant Commanding Officer, and your claim is, quite frankly, gibberish. You mention that they won't be punished if they’re  friends with the investigator, this is not possible - IA Command is the one that overlooks reports and sends out final responses, not the investigator. IA Command can disagree with the suggestion of the investigator. Even if they're friends with command, nothing else will happen, there are only two members of cmd in IA who are investigators.

DT 1+ and SGT 1+ have been punished before from IA reports, and I do not understand how you would have information on past IA reports on these members.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Having been an IA investigator for 6 months I can assure you that no matter the rank, all reports are handled fair and accordingly with no bias, if a bias should be there then the investigator gets changed, we spend a lot of time and effort o look into these things both IC and OOC so I am unsure where you are coming from? Even the chief can have reports against him and they will be dealt with the same way a report against a cadet is.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.