jerryman

Force heavies to be shown on back.

So, many people seem to carry their heavy weapons in their inventory so that others cannot see them carrying such a weapon.

They only equip such a weapon when they are about to use it.

I believe this is makes no roleplay sense, because if you are carrying an AK-47 or a Shotgun you would have no way to conceal it with such quick accessibility.

My suggestion:

If a player have a heavy weapon in their inventory, it must be equipped.

If they keep it in their car or in a bag then they would be able to be conceal it. But if it's on their person everyone should be able to see it.

If a player is transporting more than 1 heavy force them to have 1 of them equipped and the rest can be "concealed" in their inventory.

Edited by jerryman
  • Like 3
  • PogU 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, jerryman said:

So, many people seem to carry their heavy weapons in their inventory so that others cannot see them carrying such a weapon.

They only equip such a weapon when they are about to use it.

I believe this is makes no roleplay sense, because if you are carrying an AK-47 or a Shotgun you would have no way to conceal it with such quick accessibility.

My suggestion:

If a player have a heavy weapon in their inventory, it must be equipped.

If they keep it in their car or in a bag then they would be able to be conceal it. But if it's on their person everyone should be able to see it.

If a player is transporting more than 1 heavy force them to have 1 of them equipped and the rest can be "concealed" in their inventory.

Would be better to have 10 seconds cooldown or something

1 minute ago, jerryman said:

No because even still there's like no way to conceal an AK-47 or a Shotgun on your body without somebody noticing.

Ever held an AK or a shotgun in real life?

They are consealable, not easily accessable once done. But most definitely consealable.

On 7/2/2019 at 4:25 AM, jerryman said:

No because even still there's like no way to conceal an AK-47 or a Shotgun on your body without somebody noticing.

Can hide it in a bag or under clothes

gangs in real life are proffesional in that thing

Edited by SMILE_

On 7/2/2019 at 3:26 AM, DaniDota said:

Ever held an AK or a shotgun in real life?

They are consealable, not easily accessable once done. But most definitely consealable.

I’d laugh my ass off if I saw all criminals wearing long coats just to conceal heavies.

• Like 1

Just now, heartgg said:

I’d laugh my ass off if I saw all criminals wearing long coats just to conceal heavies.

Nah

You can conseal AK's (with foldable stocks obviously) in sweatpants 'n stuff. Same goes for shotguns.

They are not extremely large, they're around 60cm's with folded stocks, and I don't know but the average length of a grown male is 180cm, seems pretty possible to me.

Yes, it'll be somewhat difficult, but it's possible.

36 minutes ago, DaniDota said:

Nah

You can conseal AK's (with foldable stocks obviously) in sweatpants 'n stuff. Same goes for shotguns.

They are not extremely large, they're around 60cm's with folded stocks, and I don't know but the average length of a grown male is 180cm, seems pretty possible to me.

Yes, it'll be somewhat difficult, but it's possible.

It would be extremely obvious from close up, but not so obvious from farther away. Still, I think heavies need to be shown on a person if they are in their inventory.

+1
I think ARs and Shotguns should be conceable if they:

• have some kind of attachment (ex: folding stock) because you cannot just put an 87cm rifle (lenght of the Avtomat Kalashnikov, aka AK-47, with a fixed stock) in your pocket or hide it without being easily spotted. Same thing for a bulky Remington 870;

• can be divided in 2 parts (click on the item while it's in your inventory and assembly/disassembly) with at least a 5 seconds timer.

With all the timers that normal actions have on the server I feel like pulling out an MP5 from your back pocket should have one too.

Edited by TheCactus
+1
  • Upvote 1

+1

They should be visible. People should act accordingly with them and think twice before carrying one. It makes sense that way you would be more likely to leave it in your car unless you knew some shit was about to go down. Which is more RP IMO. Not even street gangs walk around with shotguns or rifles, more a less organized crime groups. Rifles and Shotguns are always called upon from vehicles and or homes. Most street gangs in the US have one rifle/shotgun or "stick" they pass around between the members. And between it's use it is stored in random peoples homes and vehicles to avoid police siezure. Meanwhile here we have every other person with a pump action shotgun or AK-47 stuffed in his jeans somehow. Walking around with rifles and shotguns slung on your back like your LSPD SWAT without a care in the world is kinda lame. Unless your LSPD SWAT of course. When it comes to larger weapons players should be threatening to " pop the trunk " on people so to speak and break out the big guns. Not merely walking around with them hidden and ready to use on a moments notice. Technically speaking isn't what everyone is doing now called " Ass pulling " and or " Non RP Weapon Drawing" ?. I mean the only argument people can make is if you carry a large duffel bag you could argue you can RP storing and carrying a rifle/shotgun with a folding stock in there you could whip out. But even then, nobody ever RP's taking a weapon out of those duffel bags everyone walks around with. They just right click, use and pew pew pew.

Edited by James_McNulty

Advanced issues found

1 hour ago, thiggins19 said:

I'm going to leave a link here. 

+1 Was surprised to see him pull out that shotgun. So you could conceal an AR or shotgun in your pants but I would really want to see him run around with that in his pants. From a gameplay perspective, I think it makes more sense to have the weapon showing unless you actively conceal it in a bag or other method.

1 hour ago, thiggins19 said:

We are talking about the lenght of the guns IRL (or at least most of us are). Nobody talked about pistols and micro SMGs. As for the pump shotgun he pulls out, you have to walk like you have a broken leg and is noticeable af irl, try with a stick

3 hours ago, thiggins19 said:

I remember seeing this in school during the 90's roflmao. Uzi concealable, yes. Pump Actions, full size SMG or AK-47's and carbine rifles not so much.  What they don't show in that video is that kids inability to walk or even stand correctly with that lengthy of a weapon in his pants. The only shotgun in the GTA World that would be concealable would be the sawwed off or other shorter versions. And they are not even implemented on the server.

Edited by James_McNulty