jerryman

Force heavies to be shown on back.

10 hours ago, Aldari_Tagril said:

+1 

Allow people to interact with the bag inventory while it is on them and people can quite simply hide their AK in the duffle bag and pull it out when needed, if they wish to conceal it. 

I think you should be forced to drop it like you do now. When do you really search through a bag that you're carrying? Whether it be a backpack or a duffle bag. Always you will place it on a surface to open it not search through it while you are carrying it.

-1 Currently, you are unable to store ANY heavy with ammo inside of ANY vehicle. This means that any time people went to the bank, regardless of vehicle, they would have to put the heavy in the trunk - IF - it had less than 100 rounds and there was nothing else in the car. I find it highly unrealistic that you wouldn’t be able to conceal an AK, especially if you detached the stock from it. This would create a major headache for anyone carrying heavies around, and there is already an issue with people RPing they can see handguns that are equipped without a /do. Personally, there are other areas where I think time would be better spent. 

Edited by HecticOblivion

47 minutes ago, HecticOblivion said:

-1 Currently, you are unable to store ANY heavy with ammo inside of ANY vehicle. This means that any time people went to the bank, regardless of vehicle, they would have to put the heavy in the trunk - IF - it had less than 100 rounds and there was nothing else in the car. I find it highly unrealistic that you wouldn’t be able to conceal an AK, especially if you detached the stock from it. This would create a major headache for anyone carrying heavies around, and there is already an issue with people RPing they can see handguns that are equipped without a /do. Personally, there are other areas where I think time would be better spent. 

This is a problem with vehicle inventory size, not with my suggestion. You can store them in the trunk if you need to.

11 minutes ago, jerryman said:

This is a problem with vehicle inventory size, not with my suggestion. You can store them in the trunk if you need to.

It’s a bit naive to think they aren’t related, I don’t know why you wouldn’t take other factors into consideration. Barring that one point, there’s still 2 others stated. Still a -1 imo

I'll caviate this with the fact im new to the server, but have been playing such RP for years. 

I feel that heavy weapons like Rifles and long barrel shotguns shouldnt be concealable. Pulled from an invintory should force a local action text. Pulled from a trunk, forced action text. 

You cant be subtle and quick fingered with a long barreled weapon. Theyre not supposed to be snuck around. Theyre shows of force and visable deterants displayed when in a position of power or set up with prior forethought. 

Have it in a trunk and if you get rolled up on, take cover and return fire while another guy tries to get to the trunk. Or if youre doing the assault stop around the corner and unpack the artillery. 

But if you casually stroll up to me, chit chatting? You shouldn't "surprise" me with a fucking hunting rifle before I get my pistol out. 

Thats how i see it. 

1 hour ago, Xoza said:

Neutral

However breakdown and assembly should take time.

If that is implemented the timer for locks/unlocks could be used or a similar one with different title obviously and maybe adjusted time for said timer. What would be a reasonable time for shotgun/rifle breakdown?. Obviously it should not be like 2 seconds or something short as that. But at the same time it should not be a full 30 second thing either. Practically speaking there are shotguns and rifles than can be easily folded and or collapsed down or disassembled rather quickly. Maybe 15 seconds for heavy weapon breakdown?. Or 10?. Anything lower than 10 feels like to little. And anything over 20 seems a bit much. 

diagrampieces-600.jpg

284-4404-thickbox.jpg

Edited by James_McNulty

I like the timer idea. AR's can be broken down into two parts that are much easier to conceal with the removal of the magazine and 2 pins, 5 seconds.

Hmm.. what about the idea of auto stripping ammo as soon as you inventory the weapon? This way the user would have to draw and 'put together/chamber' rounds to fire. I believe that would take just the right amount of time.

Edited by Xoza

2 hours ago, Xoza said:

I like the timer idea. AR's can be broken down into two parts that are much easier to conceal with the removal of the magazine and 2 pins, 5 seconds.

Hmm.. what about the idea of auto stripping ammo as soon as you inventory the weapon? This way the user would have to draw and 'put together/chamber' rounds to fire. I believe that would take just the right amount of time.

Still, nobody goes around with an AR in two parts unless you plan on doing a mass shooting or something. The realism just isn't there where criminals are carrying around AR-15's which aren't even put together. If you are carrying a heavy weapon you should either be forced to do it smartly (in a bag, in a car) or otherwise have a target on your back since everyone will know you have one slung over your back.

Edited by jerryman

4 minutes ago, jerryman said:

Still, nobody goes around with an AR in two parts unless you plan on doing a mass shooting or something. The realism just isn't there where criminals are carrying around AR-15's which aren't even put together. If you are carrying a heavy weapon you should either be forced to do it smartly or otherwise have a target on your back.

I completely agree. I don't think anyone should be able to 'pocket' a heavy unless there's a significant downside. Like, you can't run, since you're trying to conceal your leg is an AR.

A simple fix, would be to auto strip ammo, just to make it a little more complicated.

A more advanced fix would be to show a weapon, if in your pocket and not to show it, if it's in a bag, accessible via "I" when you have bags on you.