tigerpet15

Police overusing tasers

I’m kind of on the fence on this personally. I understand both sides of tasers, as I’ve been on both.

I wouldn’t mind tasers having a slightly longer cooldown or having to reload every so often, as tasers as kinda spammable. With the current tasers if you miss one shot and you have a second and a half to try again, and in situations where both players are on foot the person wielding the taser would be chasing or be in close enough proximity to try another tase, essentially stun-locking you.

On the other hand, there’s been times I’ve personally witnessed somebody being completely non-compliant to the point where they had to be picked up to get taken where they need to go, and having a taser makes doing so a million times easier.

5 hours ago, Victor Einhart said:

Per your feedback, from now on I will use my taser only twice. If someone continues to resist after that, I will consider this an escalation and will therefore escalate the force continuum and shoot them.

Preeeeety sure most crims would take that and just let NLR do the rest.

2 hours ago, cenat55561 said:

Stop wasting your time, this will never gonna happen.

And with the greatest of respect, youve been on the server barely a month and have provided a princely 2 posts to the forums.

To be clear. this is a place for debate and discussion. not a place to shoot down ideas.

'The use of taser should be announced with "taser taser taser" like IRL while giving suspects a chance to react'

That's just funny. As if I have to type in words irl or click my keyboard's 'N' to speak.

'There should be prohibited use of tasers during on foot chases - because we have tackle animation which can be used and yeah I believe on foot chases can be a lot of fun and can promote more RP, not like every foot chase being ended with 5 cops firing tasers on you every few seconds. IRL its quiet common to have on foot chases with no use of tasers.'

That's quite literally the only time you should be using it. Not in water, not when people hopping over fences or driving cars... when they're on foot and running.

A lot of arguments 'because this is the way irl' and then you drop something that is very far fetched from irl.

On 3/29/2024 at 5:23 AM, Quietthecutie said:

Preeeeety sure most crims would take that and just let NLR do the rest.

If that's the response to Einhart's comment, then it speaks volumes when noting previous comments made regarding winning. 

On 3/30/2024 at 10:37 PM, dawpi said:

'The use of taser should be announced with "taser taser taser" like IRL while giving suspects a chance to react'

That's just funny. As if I have to type in words irl or click my keyboard's 'N' to speak.

'There should be prohibited use of tasers during on foot chases - because we have tackle animation which can be used and yeah I believe on foot chases can be a lot of fun and can promote more RP, not like every foot chase being ended with 5 cops firing tasers on you every few seconds. IRL its quiet common to have on foot chases with no use of tasers.'

That's quite literally the only time you should be using it. Not in water, not when people hopping over fences or driving cars... when they're on foot and running.

A lot of arguments 'because this is the way irl' and then you drop something that is very far fetched from irl.

This is a VOIP based server so it should be a problem.

2 hours ago, GR_Seb said:

The Actual problem

YOU DON'T ROLEPLAY BEING TASED. 

So, they have to tase you again and again until you start roleplaying.

oh my sweet dear papadakis, the red text in all caps goes crazy babe. 

there are numerous problems at hand here, so let's not get it twisted. should criminals accurately roleplay being tased and not just get up and start running again each time they're incapacitated? absolutely. should police stop pulling out tasers and tasing someone immediately without demands or any type of vocal interaction, effectively ending the roleplay at hand? doesn't seem like a hard ask... there's certainly a happy medium here pal.

• Like 3

On 3/30/2024 at 10:37 PM, dawpi said:

What is far fetched from irl?

On 4/1/2024 at 9:06 AM, idgafashlee said:

oh my sweet dear papadakis, the red text in all caps goes crazy babe. 

there are numerous problems at hand here, so let's not get it twisted. should criminals accurately roleplay being tased and not just get up and start running again each time they're incapacitated? absolutely. should police stop pulling out tasers and tasing someone immediately without demands or any type of vocal interaction, effectively ending the roleplay at hand? doesn't seem like a hard ask... there's certainly a happy medium here pal.

Once criminals stop this winning mentality of binding up while gunpoint, and start showing fear, police will use less tools to stop them.

7 hours ago, GR_Seb said:

Once criminals stop this winning mentality of binding up while gunpoint, and start showing fear, police will use less tools to stop them.

Once again, as @idgafashlee said, the lack of self-awareness is concerning. Are you trying to argue that PD should not try and show a superior ability to roleplay in the scenarios they take a part of? The situations you are describing are against the rules. And should be reported. Not taken into your own hands. This is the problem with every "crim v. cop" argument I've seen on the forums. Both sides seem to have complete ignorance towards their own actions, to a blissful degree. If we want to get anywhere in discussion, their must be some review of one's self and concessions made.

Emboldening your text and making it bright red doesn't add any value to your argument, if anything decreases value.

edit: The founders have also prompted that individuals should NOT be forced to roleplay a tazer's long-term effects beyond the actual taze itself. Take of that what you will.

Edited by AtlasOLimbo
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, AtlasOLimbo said:

Once again, as @idgafashlee said, the lack of self-awareness is concerning. Are you trying to argue that PD should not try and show a superior ability to roleplay in the scenarios they take a part of? The situations you are describing are against the rules. And should be reported. Not taken into your own hands. This is the problem with every "crim v. cop" argument I've seen on the forums. Both sides seem to have complete ignorance towards their own actions, to a blissful degree. If we want to get anywhere in discussion, their must be some review of one's self and concessions made.

Emboldening your text and making it bright red doesn't add any value to your argument, if anything decreases value.

edit: The founders have also prompted that individuals should NOT be forced to roleplay a tazer's long-term effects beyond the actual taze itself. Take of that what you will.

+1

This 'W' mentality cuts both ways.

20 hours ago, GR_Seb said:

sweet boy, you wildin if you think the win mentality doesn't exist on both ends of the spectrum. crims and cops are equally guilty for this. truly one side is not better than the other in this situation my friend.  if you're gonna say all crims have a winning mentality because a handful of them do, then others are going to say all cops have a winning mentality because a handful of them do. 
stop pointing fingers and blaming others, we can all take accountability and strive to do a little bit better, no?

Edited by idgafashlee

I see both sides, possibly a bit of a longer cooldown on tazers would be good and in addition some harsher disciplinaries for disregarding them completely, can please both sides here with this.

As for any pd vs crim argument, not gonna bite on it, we all have ups n downs in things, let's find out a way to make it work for both sides ☺️

I would like to point this out.

Rules regarding tazers has changed, once tazed, you no longer need to RP that you've been tazed.

(Stun effect lasts much longer then it did before, implementation of the cuff hotkey Shift+E removes the need for /up which can't be used during a tazed effect, and on top of this, your character now takes damage when tazed)

The reason tazers are used so much, is becouse you should be valuing your life, primarily when your health, gets to the halfway point (Health, under the minimap, not your wellness on the right hand side)

Now, what I personally would like to see implemented, is a system where the Tazer prongs have to be scriptly removed by either MD or the Law enforcement agency. This would allow for more RP (/RemoveProngs)

With this, should come a system of being able to continue hold mouse 1 (shooty mc shoot button) to lengthen the duration of the taze (from a quick zap to a smarten up 10-15 second zap) with the duration of the taze, being the factor of how long the person is incompacitated for. 

This would also bring in IC protocols by departments for the use of tazers, allowing more IA reports, and court hearings for excessive force.

Once a person's health has dropped substantially, they also run slower, resulting in being able to be tackled easier.

I don't personally use tackling alot, due to sync issues, resulting in either missed tackles, or me some how tackling myself. however, if these weren't issues for me, and the person didn't have a weapon in hand, it would be my preferred method.

Keep in mind, I write this as someone who roleplays both as a criminal, and a law enforcement faction member. 

My primary character tho, is my criminal.

On 3/13/2024 at 2:31 AM, Demonmit1 said:

modify the tazer script so it interacts with the buff/debuff system. some drugs buff your stats, how fast you can run, etc. if you get tazed it should debuff your stats, make you move slower. Making it scriptly supported is far superior than making "you can only get tased 3 times" in the rules.

+1 to this. for example tazers having no effect on someone high on meth, if someone's on steroids, make it an instant down as they enter cardiac arrest 

or add a variable like a 1in 5 chance for you to receive that benefit of the drug

LEO players use the taser as a crutch, specifically because of how unbalanced and overpowered it is. its an instant "i win" button, with no negatives, and they rely on that solely to win a situation. The character i play is a non violent criminal. He is RPly drunk all the time. I have a permanent drunk animation on the character. that walk/run animation forces my character to be EXTREMELY slow. there is no possible chance that i can successfully run from a situation. I have been tazed DOZENS of times for non compliance, often times nearly instantly after a demand is made.

its is engrained into how nearly all PD officers play, to just tase first, rather than interact RPly. i have never once seen an officer attempt to use the tackle mechanic against me in nearly 60+ arrests, and its a rare occurrence for a good cop RPer to use /do's. most just default to the taser to instantly win, even if there is a 100% chance they will "win" the situation, they just force the RP to end instantly with a taser.

At the end of the day, It doesnt affect me as I actively seek out interactions with PD to end up going to prison. If they use their tasers the same way on other real crims as they do to a character like Billy Pappalardo who's quite well liked OOC'ly from LEO's, I can see why crim players are fed up with the system. LEO players will argue against any change that nerfs their power, but something needs to change. 

• Like 1