ThePro

AFK Script

Current AFK Script is not the best for a roleplay server. When you stand still in one place for some time, it will kick you. Okay... And if you're stopped by the police and you have to stay in your vehicle? What happens then? Or when you are just having some RP in an office? Why should you be moving around? I think that the AFK Script is useful, but needs to be updated so if the person is doing some action, for example writing into the chat, he won't get kicked while he's not moving. I am sure a lot of people can agree on this... The actual script is good, but not for an RP server. Don't delete the script, just update it so while writing something into the chat, it counts as moving and it won't kick the person.

Agree on the suggestion. I'm constantly asked to move people that are cuffed and down on their knees because, even though they are actively typing and RPing, they are still getting the AFK script message. I agree on adding a script so that the timer resets after typing a message.

I'd suggest adding an afk script which you have to press a button and enter a digit that shows up on your screen to get off afk script. This would make it so you dont have to move around. You could make it like in the old SAMP days, A person doesnt press the afk script button and enter the digits, after 5 minutes he gets kicked off server. Example is posted down below but its in lithuanian: It basically says: You have been afk, Would you like to continue playing? Yes/No

fff33b1093a934621869173e8e05fed628.png

• PogU 1

4 hours ago, Igor_Morozov said:

I'd suggest adding an afk script which you have to press a button and enter a digit that shows up on your screen to get off afk script. This would make it so you dont have to move around. You could make it like in the old SAMP days, A person doesnt press the afk script button and enter the digits, after 5 minutes he gets kicked off server. Example is posted down below but its in lithuanian: It basically says: You have been afk, Would you like to continue playing? Yes/No

+1

10 hours ago, Igor_Morozov said:

Awesome suggestion. +1

10 hours ago, Igor_Morozov said:

+1 Support for this idea. Love it.

On 2/21/2019 at 8:28 AM, Igor_Morozov said:

I think this is the only realistic change I could see being implemented, and even with that possibility I don't think there is any real difference between this and having to walk forward a couple of steps. I'd honestly say a popup box / menu in some cases would actually be more intrusive to ones roleplay than what the current system offers.

3 minutes ago, Swifty said:

I think this is the only realistic change I could see being implemented, and even with that possibility I don't think there is any real difference between this and having to walk forward a couple of steps. I'd honestly say a popup box / menu in some cases would actually be more intrusive to ones roleplay than what the current system offers.

Atleast you dont have to walk which you can easily overcome by making a macro that walks forward and backwards every couple seconds this would make a person 2.5k every hour. In this script you have to press YES, then enter the digits that the script automatically chooses. You could implement this script and make it less sensitive so you would have to walk a certain amount of meters eg: bigger than a house plot, like 50+ meters.

Edited by Igor_Morozov

4 minutes ago, Igor_Morozov said:

Atleast you dont have to walk which you can easily overcome by making a macro that walks forward and backwards every couple seconds this would make a person 2.5k every hour. In this script you have to press YES, then enter the digits that the script automatically chooses. 

Sooo what exactly is triggering people to be labeled AFK in the system you purposed?

Doesn't even need to be a button, can just include a random value in the message you are in danger of being kicked for AFK. If they don't enter it in time, they get kicked. If they enter it incorrectly three times, they get kicked.

Doesn't have to be Pythagora's theorem either. Could just be a random number between 10 and 99 for example.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.