Bronnen

Separate internal Investigation faction for LSPD and SPD.

1 hour ago, Clank said:

We need to take LSPD and move their jurisdiction to Cayo Perico and have them based there. Then have Los Santos patrolled by the citizens as a well regulated militia. SD can stay in the county (they kinda mid).

As a 5XX badge number around since 2017, I agree.

• chill 1

This is a huge task and responsibility for those who would be in charge of these matters. It requires someone with strong character and immovable integrity. We cannot have people unmotivated and unwilling to do what is necessary to keep our department's safe! The people in this select squad of investigators will also need to have the deduction skills similar, if not exceeding, to that of a corrupt tax CPA. Being able to read an investigation and put two and two together is a MUST! They will also need plenty of experience in customer service and a humble background to have the needed people skills for this role. There will be times where these squad members must bring bad news to seemingly innocent players, and also reassure the great officers that their job is safe in their hands!

Therefore, I have no one but one person I can safely nominate to lead this task force. Ray Jensen. I have nothing but confidence when I suggest he be appointed the judge, jury, and executioner of all corrupt cops!

Thank you.

I dont lead SWAT

• YAY 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, CalvinKlein said:

That person was banned then unbanned and reinstated into PD with their brother still banned..

I will be making an OOC IA report when I am back, 

also I did play as an a LEO for multiple months , it changed my perspectives in many positive ways , but also many negative ways when witnessing certain things internally, and I wasn’t talking about 2018 as the entire server did change since then, that was my first PD employment, I’ve had more recent ones.

it may seem like it’s based on one situation but it isn’t, some people with “play to win mentality” have it contagious; when a cadet or PO I sees higher ranks act a certain way they pick it up, and the good role players within the faction (LEA) get treated unfairly because players tend to expect their behavior to match that of others’ which creates a cycle of mutual reactions… to me being arrested is no different than a random house alarm trigger in terms of a (shit happens, it is what it is) I just think there needs to be a level of cracking down on members with P2W mentality (worse than clap mentality imo) and maybe a higher standard to join and more RP tests [it’s currently mostly verbal] (5000xp is nothing) for a high tier - all powerful faction , when high tier gangs require usually 50,000-75,000 xp which accounts for more learning , more humbling (you take L’s and you learn and adapt and it becomes a natural part of your game) in the end of the day I want every person’s experience on the server to be the best it could possibly be 

Bro, does Samuel Martin owe you money or something? 😂

Open your eyes, can’t you see? Nobody likes to lose in Eclipse. Everyone to some degree plays to win. What kind of sicko is playing to lose? 

If anything, people with less time on this server are less likely to have that mentality than someone that has hundreds or thousands of hours on here. 

If someone wants to join PD, they’re a decent community member and they can roleplay then we give them a chance. Then it’s up to them what they do with it. 

Sometimes those people don’t work out and they get yeeted. But most times they do. 

The fuck do I know though. Just waiting for one of the members of one of these ‘high tier’ factions to tell me to Jill myself tbh.

• Like 1
  • polarcop 1
  • dead 1

7 hours ago, CalvinKlein said:

That person was banned then unbanned and reinstated into PD with their brother still banned..

also I did play as an a LEO for multiple months , it changed my perspectives in many positive ways , but also many negative ways when witnessing certain things internally, and I wasn’t talking about 2018 as the entire server did change since then, that was my first PD employment, I’ve had more recent ones.

it may seem like it’s based on one situation but it isn’t, some people with “play to win mentality” have it contagious; when a cadet or PO I sees higher ranks act a certain way they pick it up, and the good role players within the faction (LEA) get treated unfairly because players tend to expect their behavior to match that of others’ which creates a cycle of mutual reactions… to me being arrested is no different than a random house alarm trigger in terms of a (shit happens, it is what it is) I just think there needs to be a level of cracking down on members with P2W mentality (worse than clap mentality imo) and maybe a higher standard to join and more RP tests [it’s currently mostly verbal] (5000xp is nothing) for a high tier - all powerful faction , when high tier gangs require usually 50,000-75,000 xp which accounts for more learning , more humbling (you take L’s and you learn and adapt and it becomes a natural part of your game) in the end of the day I want every person’s experience on the server to be the best it could possibly be 

https://gov.eclipse-rp.net/viewforum.php?f=24

Here you go, Kylar. I also welcome you to voice your concerns to IA about the “certain things internally” that you state you witnessed in your lengthy tenure in the faction. Consider this permission to deviate from the 7 day rule and I look forward to reviewing the evidence/statements you present via appropriate methods over slanderous comments in PMs to other faction members/on the forums with baseless accusations.

7 hours ago, CalvinKlein said:

I hope you make your IA report within the 7 days of the incident as required! It would be a true shame for such a damning incident to have gone amiss from not following the procedure to ensure incidents can be fairly investigated - which I am sure you are in support of with your lengthy tenure on the server and as a knight for fairness. 

(Perhaps not bring up the part where you were discharged for deceiving recruitment staff and lying about your admin history...that might not look the best on paper). 

• dead 9

4 hours ago, Clank said:

As a good british friend of mine that has a brother that is banned from the community would say:

Internal Affairs can lick my knob!!!

I do wonder, perhaps you can provide some insight; do you think this brother saw his ban from the community coming through the walls or not? 

• dead 3

12 hours ago, Beet said:

I hope you make your IA report within the 7 days of the incident as required! It would be a true shame for such a damning incident to have gone amiss from not following the procedure to ensure incidents can be fairly investigated - which I am sure you are in support of with your lengthy tenure on the server and as a knight for fairness. 

(Perhaps not bring up the part where you were discharged for deceiving recruitment staff and lying about your admin history...that might not look the best on paper). 

That is actually not true, I disclosed it to Dawpi (who was an admin and in IA) and he’s linked both accounts and I continued to be in PD after with HC’s knowledge of both my crim and PD character, that termination only came when I had an altercation with Jace Bianchi who was close to and the 2nd in command for a high ranking admin’s gang (which got official within maybe 1 month) I was IA reported to which I responded adequately then received this termination and cba appealing it / explaining / proving that I indeed have disclosed.. I simply didn’t care as it was clear I was not wanted in the faction maybe for the opinions that I voice.

12 hours ago, MrSilky said:

https://gov.eclipse-rp.net/viewforum.php?f=24

Here you go, Kylar. I also welcome you to voice your concerns to IA about the “certain things internally” that you state you witnessed in your lengthy tenure in the faction. Consider this permission to deviate from the 7 day rule and I look forward to reviewing the evidence/statements you present via appropriate methods over slanderous comments in PMs to other faction members/on the forums with baseless accusations.

I’m not making slanderous comments I stated my experience , opinion, as part of a discussion, you for example is someone I’ve had positive experiences with (while I’m at loss; it’s just RP) because you are roleplaying as a law enforcement agent.  Not picking up ur crim character over to PD.  And at no point did I complain about being arrested / being caught / or suffering IC losses as they’re part of the game.

So far right now I’ve got one situation I’ll be filing an IA report for and currently have a law suit for (as you’d see in my faction’s discord I’m on LOA) the amount of times I did not file an IA report over something are countless and the last time I did an IA report I waited 2,3 weeks and nothing was really done, there’s always some loophole. 

It becomes easier and more convenient to simply avoid any interaction with LEOs whether innocent or guilty , doing crime or just chilling , and when I do get forced into an interaction, get it going as fast as possible to get to doc and do my time asap, because if I was to not do that I’d just be spending time arguing law / policies / asking for a supervisor / wasting my time / uploading povs / writing paragraphs explaining this and that ..

All for a 10% chance there’s a suspension.

I love how LEOs mob up on anyone who simply attempts to criticize them (for the sake of PD, and the server) 

why do u guys get so defensive it’s nothing personal (aside from me using one bad apple as an example) which is still not personal just happened to be an example given my most recent altercation happened to be with him

13 hours ago, Hazel said:

In what world can you go "I am not going to single anyone out" and then proceed to single one person out for most of your replies?

That person was was used as an example, I did state many people in PD are good but said certain radical people have a contagious extreme P2W energy, which affects newer people. 

13 hours ago, Bala said:

Open your eyes, can’t you see? Nobody likes to lose in Eclipse. Everyone to some degree plays to win. What kind of sicko is playing to lose? 

If anything, people with less time on this server are less likely to have that mentality than someone that has hundreds or thousands of hours on here. 

If someone wants to join PD, they’re a decent community member and they can roleplay then we give them a chance. Then it’s up to them what they do with it. 

Sometimes those people don’t work out and they get yeeted. But most times they do. 

The fuck do I know though. Just waiting for one of the members of one of these ‘high tier’ factions to tell me to Jill myself tbh.

It’s not just in eclipse, in life nobody likes losing, and everybody wants to win. 

But here’s how wanting to win and the “P2W” I mention are different..

for example, LEO chasing somebody, the use their brain and come up with tactics (which happens often with setups , spikes , etc) and end up winning the situation, bringing the criminal down fair and square.

another example is a LEO chasing someone, that person let’s say is attempting to get on a drag after a bike setup, and a long chase, and this LEO decides oh this guy might get away let me just take my gun out and shoot him so my win is guaranteed regardless of what that reflects.

also no bro he owes me nothing., in fact there’s been people in PD who are much more bothersome ICLY but are cool, funny people with simply that kind of character, but when you have somebody who talks exactly the same way on their crim and on their PD character it’s bound to raise suspicion as to are u roleplaying 2 characters or just OOCly having the same kind of (mostly action packed gameplay) but from 2 different angles.

21 hours ago, Freyster said:

(written from phone, so formatting n spelling may be off)

First and foremost, I believe creating a separate faction solely focused on addressing issues within a faction seems unreasonable. There are already enough punishments being given on a daily basis, and if there are any legitimate issues, whether they are IC or OOc, they will be addressed. I understand where this frustration is coming from. When I first started playing, I only played as a criminal character and found myself sitting in jail for hours without any stamps, questioning what to do next.

This made me quite upset with the people OOCLY despising them for wjo they were. However, after playing non-criminal roleplay for over a year and switching back and forth between the two, I have noticed many things that are not visible to those who have only experienced one side.

I firmly believe that if people who primarily play as criminals were able to see the law enforcement side and deal with the daily challenges we face, they would understand the difficulties we encounter. While I agree that prison times could be shorter, I disagree with the idea that there is no proper handling of wrongdoing and attempts to manipulate situations for personal gain. People often judge others based on brief interactions when they are arrested, and due to the grind mentality I used to have with my criminal character, where every loss felt very painful, it's understandable that this would lead to frustration. However, it is important to address this issue as a whole rather than dismissing the Internal Affairs department as useless and assuming that officers or players in that case are not being punished just because they are not kicked out of the faction. People do find out when they make mistakes and appropriate action is taken, although it may not always be obvious to everyone.

IMG_1186.jpeg

I play both PD and JB, I still want a third party to investigate PD, also JB for that matter lol.

Anyways this discussion seems to be very counter productive and I don’t have it in me to sit here and debate every single person who’ll get defensive towards the opinions which I should’ve not even voiced. 

I hope nobody was offended by my words and LEAs are a huge part of the server and provide a lot for the community, I don’t think it’s bad or malicious to hope that there’s more internal cracking down (aside from IA reports from civs and crims) which could maybe be IC or something from FM the same way they’re so everywhere when it comes to the gangs and their IC stuff. 

Peace out vatos, blessed Friday 

14 hours ago, Bala said:

It's a Roleplaying game, there is no losing or winning, just roleplay. If you're got the mentality of "losing" vs "winning", that's part of the issue.

5 minutes ago, Bronnen said:

It's a Roleplaying game, there is no losing or winning, just roleplay. If you're got the mentality of "losing" vs "winning", that's part of the issue.

Most of the server does, no point pretending otherwise.

But trust me, adding something extra like you suggested would do more harm than good, truss.

3 minutes ago, Bala said:

Most of the server does, no point pretending otherwise.

But trust me, adding something extra like you suggested would do more harm than good, truss.

From all the people I've interacted with, I think the people who think of it in terms of winning vs Losing are mostly in in Law Enforcement. Most criminals and other factions don't really seem to care that much if they get caught, killed or sent to jail. It's just part of the RP.

And If it causes more harm then good, then we deal with it then. I think it would just add a really interesting dynamic to it, and judging by the frequent comments on here I think I'm not the only one lol.

Edited by Bronnen

34 minutes ago, CalvinKlein said:

I love how LEOs mob up on anyone who simply attempts to criticize them (for the sake of PD, and the server) 

why do u guys get so defensive it’s nothing personal (aside from me using one bad apple as an example) which is still not personal just happened to be an example given my most recent altercation happened to be with him

AkJISAy.png

• chill 1

14 minutes ago, Bronnen said:

Most criminals and other factions don't really seem to care that much if they get caught, killed or sent to jail. It's just part of the RP.

Normally all I do is shitpost on the forums and joke around. Due to this comment, i'll get serious for a bit. Your statement here that I quoted is the biggest false narrative I've ever heard. Any time an interaction with ANYONE does not go someone's way it goes to "SAVE POV FOR.. <insert rule here>."

If what you're saying is true, the amount of forum reports would be minimal, but no. Attachment to assets, winning conflict over forum reports and attempting to get opposition banned is easier for players than taking an L on an RP server. 

Before anyone argues "but i lose so much when I get arrested". This statement is irrelevant because someone interested in playing a character does not give a fuck about the monetary value of assets. Someone here to create RP experiences shouldn't be grinding for assets. If you're playing a gangster character that flexes and strongarms everyone and one of your enemies runs up and just blasts you while you're sitting in your car doing nothing and your first instinct is "SAVE POV FOR DEATHMATCH", then sorry to say you're playing an RP game wrong. 

• Upvote 2

This circles back to it not really being a server that is lead by roleplay, but by assets and winning with roleplay in the background somewhere.
You take out your frustrations on PD / SD because we are your opposition in the server. Your job is to do whatever you can to get over, our job is to stop you.

Us putting you in prison limits your freedom, both IC and OOC for what you can do in the server but it can also cost you quite significantly.

For small time criminals and I say this not as an expert but as someone that's played a few hours on crim recently, it's such a limited experience and in actuality, quite a negative one, being a crim. If you aren't getting robbed, you're getting caught by PD/SD and having to go through the fines. You can make money in prison but prison is such a coin flip experience as well.

The things you did to get to that point, aren't really that engaging either. You need multiple people to rob a store, ATM robberies and even house robberies are unfulfilling. Public labs were never put back to how they originally were supposed to be. The only thing that I think is somewhat of a bright spark, is the vehicle chopping. 

Do that day in, day out. Month after month. It'd ruin anyone's sunny disposition. 

Reality is, if you're enjoying your experience being a crim and advancing towards whatever your goal is and you get arrested, you don't give a shit as much. But if you're not enjoying yourself and PD/SD are forcing you into a more negative situation, of course you're going to feel some type of way about them.

We're not the enemy, not really.

8 hours ago, Clank said:

Normally all I do is shitpost on the forums and joke around. Due to this comment, i'll get serious for a bit. Your statement here that I quoted is the biggest false narrative I've ever heard. Any time an interaction with ANYONE does not go someone's way it goes to "SAVE POV FOR.. <insert rule here>."

If what you're saying is true, the amount of forum reports would be minimal, but no. Attachment to assets, winning conflict over forum reports and attempting to get opposition banned is easier for players than taking an L on an RP server. 

Before anyone argues "but i lose so much when I get arrested". This statement is irrelevant because someone interested in playing a character does not give a fuck about the monetary value of assets. Someone here to create RP experiences shouldn't be grinding for assets. If you're playing a gangster character that flexes and strongarms everyone and one of your enemies runs up and just blasts you while you're sitting in your car doing nothing and your first instinct is "SAVE POV FOR DEATHMATCH", then sorry to say you're playing an RP game wrong. 

u right. people are putting too much time and effort into getting revenge against people who wronged them when they really should be moving on and progressing further. its at most a minor setback and annoyance. also when they get arrested they take it as a personal insult 😭