TommyV

Bringing drugs back onto the streets

Drugs

The new drugs update and crafting etc was a great addition to the server. There's a lot of interesting new rp elements from this and its become a great little extra source of income for gangs. I think the issue has now started to develop that there's no viable reason for people to do street sales/purchases other than for RP elements at parties which seldom happen. Drugs currently have a lot of negative effects; Withdrawals from not taking, cool but crazy screen distortions.

Now these elements are great, they add an interesting element to the game but if you want more dynamic roleplay and shady street dealing there needs to be a slight tweak to the benefit of using drugs.

Since there is a strong request for body armor and a few other advantageous elements for criminals to keep up with the firepower + defences the police has, I think this is a good way to push the criminal world a little closer to competing with the police's current overwhelming power.

How do we fix this issue?

My suggestion is simpleSmall buffs or bonuses for taking a type of drug.

This is a completely viable suggestion due to the following: Cravings for the drug decrease your health, so taking it will also cause long-term problems ontop of the fact it's illegal to carry the drugs. There's already huge drawbacks from taking drugs but no real benefit.

Drug Benefit ideas:

NOTE: all of the following suggestions would be subject to a little play-testing/balancing to perfect the perfect cost to benefit ratio for the player.

Cocaine: (I believe this already provides temporary armor a little.) +5-10 armor per dose of cocaine with a permanent lasting effect until death.

I believe this would have monumental effects on how the street-drug trading would develop. Increasing sales and pushing RP.

LSD: Enhances Audio hearing distances and text visibility slightly.

Assuming text visibility was balanced to have the same distance as audio distance, which it currently doesn't.

Real LSD effects increase audio hearings or also trigger hallucinations, this could be an interesting element to the game

Meth: Slight health regen.

Heroin: Stabilizes an injured person for a couple minutes.

My search history looks terrible right now looking into all drug effects.

Heroin makes the user feel 'warm and relaxed and gives a sense of wellbeing' and I think this could be used to stablize a downed friend, maybe it has to be used from an external person, not the injured person, again an idea for balancing from the devs.

Ecstasy: Increase to reload times?

Ecstasy is a difficult one to give a bonus to because it provides a 'buzz' essentially and i'm not sure what else to put in here, any suggestions might be interesting.

Mushrooms: Purely visual party aesthetic

These things in-game provide some form of extreme Chromatic aberration which is pretty awesome and might be justified in staying as they are, people tend to take these just to look at the cool effects.

Steroids: Faster sprint speed.

I think they already do this to some effect in-game but it would be interesting to see this happen in a more obvious way.

Marijuana: Slow down bleed-out times/ Reduce chances of injury from a carcrash

Weed's meant to chill you out or something, so possibly adding these elements to this drug would make it more viable drug of choice on the streets also.

Summary

To further balance things out, I think there needs to be potential for death/injury from taking loads of drugs at once, so if you try to stack all the hard drugs, along-side the fact you basically can't see anything (already tried this in-game XD) you should also run the risk of having a heart attack or having major organs stop functioning and injure you. This could be done on some kind of random dice in-code. 1/3 times from taking 3+ drugs you end up having health problems for example.

I hope these ideas seem reasonable and balanced, if you would like to elaborate further on how we could reintroduce drugs in a positive way that benefits the roleplay, feel free to leave extra suggestions.

Tommy.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, TommyV said:

Drugs

The new drugs update and crafting etc was a great addition to the server. There's a lot of interesting new rp elements from this and its become a great little extra source of income for gangs. I think the issue has now started to develop that there's no viable reason for people to do street sales/purchases other than for RP elements at parties which seldom happen. Drugs currently have a lot of negative effects; Withdrawals from not taking, cool but crazy screen distortions.

Now these elements are great, they add an interesting element to the game but if you want more dynamic roleplay and shady street dealing there needs to be a slight tweak to the benefit of using drugs.

Since there is a strong request for body armor and a few other advantageous elements for criminals to keep up with the firepower + defences the police has, I think this is a good way to push the criminal world a little closer to competing with the police's current overwhelming power.

How do we fix this issue?

My suggestion is simpleSmall buffs or bonuses for taking a type of drug.

This is a completely viable suggestion due to the following: Cravings for the drug decrease your health, so taking it will also cause long-term problems ontop of the fact it's illegal to carry the drugs. There's already huge drawbacks from taking drugs but no real benefit.

Drug Benefit ideas:

NOTE: all of the following suggestions would be subject to a little play-testing/balancing to perfect the perfect cost to benefit ratio for the player.

Cocaine: (I believe this already provides temporary armor a little.) +5-10 armor per dose of cocaine with a permanent lasting effect until death.

I believe this would have monumental effects on how the street-drug trading would develop. Increasing sales and pushing RP.

LSD: Enhances Audio hearing distances and text visibility slightly.

Assuming text visibility was balanced to have the same distance as audio distance, which it currently doesn't.

Real LSD effects increase audio hearings or also trigger hallucinations, this could be an interesting element to the game

Meth: Slight health regen.

Heroin: Stabilizes an injured person for a couple minutes.

My search history looks terrible right now looking into all drug effects.

Heroin makes the user feel 'warm and relaxed and gives a sense of wellbeing' and I think this could be used to stablize a downed friend, maybe it has to be used from an external person, not the injured person, again an idea for balancing from the devs.

Ecstasy: Increase to reload times?

Ecstasy is a difficult one to give a bonus to because it provides a 'buzz' essentially and i'm not sure what else to put in here, any suggestions might be interesting.

Mushrooms: Purely visual party aesthetic

These things in-game provide some form of extreme Chromatic aberration which is pretty awesome and might be justified in staying as they are, people tend to take these just to look at the cool effects.

Steroids: Faster sprint speed.

I think they already do this to some effect in-game but it would be interesting to see this happen in a more obvious way.

Marijuana: Slow down bleed-out times/ Reduce chances of injury from a carcrash

Weed's meant to chill you out or something, so possibly adding these elements to this drug would make it more viable drug of choice on the streets also.

Summary

To further balance things out, I think there needs to be potential for death/injury from taking loads of drugs at once, so if you try to stack all the hard drugs, along-side the fact you basically can't see anything (already tried this in-game XD) you should also run the risk of having a heart attack or having major organs stop functioning and injure you. This could be done on some kind of random dice in-code. 1/3 times from taking 3+ drugs you end up having health problems for example.

I hope these ideas seem reasonable and balanced, if you would like to elaborate further on how we could reintroduce drugs in a positive way that benefits the roleplay, feel free to leave extra suggestions.

Tommy.

Cocaine: (I believe this already provides temporary armor a little.) +5-10 armor per dose of cocaine with a temporary lasting effect until death. +1

LSD: Enhances Audio hearing distances and text visibility slightly. (Would be hard to implement) +1

Meth: Slight health regeneration. +1

Heroin: Stabilizes an injured person for a couple minutes. +1

Ecstasy: Increase to reload times? Would be hard to implement but +1.

Mushrooms: Purely visual party aesthetic. +1

Steroids: Faster sprint speed. +1

Marijuana: Slow down bleed-out times/ Reduce chances of injury from a carcrash. +1

(placed some comments above)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

+1 

But also i would like to suggest the ability to purchase supplies to allow group activity with the drug making. Currently there is no way to actually make decent money at the lab if there is more than 2-3 people as the supplies come in too slow. and it's very high risk. Giving the ability to purchase supplies maybe only for lets say 30-50k where it would allow to for the group to transport those supplies to the lab and turn them into drugs which they could sell at the drop off.

This would allow for groups to make money while risking a lot to lose

At the moment drug crafting is not good enough for the amount of risk that it involves because of police and other gangs. By allowing bigger groups to participate it would add higher stakes but also more opportunities to work as a group. So far the criminal life barely provides any group activities

And i agree that drugs should provide some sort off buffs with downsides much later. Currently if you use drugs it's way too fast that you become addicted and start losing health so there is no real benefit of them and no real purpose of buying them

Hope this makes sense

On 9/4/2018 at 6:14 PM, Edwards said:

+1, I believe the drugs are just useless at this point, since you will lose the armor you've gained after 2 minutes due to the addiction system.

I'm inclined to agree in some aspects.

They're GREAT for selling to black markets but it really removes them from the RP circuit and i'd love to see them reintroduced to the streets with more of a purpose.

I had a suggestion for the system a while ago:

Official gangs having the ability to dynamically create labs inside properties owned by certain ranked members of the faction. If LSPD finds and destroys it they can't place it there anymore, and have a 1 week cooldown before they may place it elsewhere and produce again. The drugs would be sold only to players.

As for the effects on the drugs, yeah they could use some tweaking and benefits though are mainly used for RP purposes right now which I personally prefer more anyway. Though it has been said many times over that the people want more benefits to something that is otherwise useless. Henceforth we will again (yes we dicussed this before) discuss what sort of effects would be given by each drug.

Thanks for the suggestion.