MrSilky

Salary increase

Since the most recent update making safe jobs such as bus driver and courier making over $10k per hour salary, I feel that there should be a substantial salary increase for government jobs since not only do they add to the RP element of the server but they also are difficult to get in to and you have to be extremely professional at all times.

I feel like the average salary for a government employee should be at least 20%+ jobs where you just rock up and work for yourself and not for others.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

+1, feels bad when the job I wrote a detailed application on, nervously completed the interview for, trained for and got promoted for doing a decent job makes two times less money than the job which has 0 requirements, 0 risk, 0 interaction and little to no RP elements. +1.

Edited by Aureum Chaos
additional info
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, JackD248 said:

Its not a job like being a mechanic or weazel or whatever where you can just sit and chill your actively working for your money so i'd say manual jobs should be more than automatic. 

@JackD248 You can't AFK as a mechanic. Manual jobs aren't chill? You have no time limits, you can go for a break any time you like, they have 0 REQUIREMENTS, 0 RP, mindless AFK work.

1 hour ago, Roberto_Sanchez said:

Since the most recent update making safe jobs such as bus driver and courier making over $10k per hour salary, I feel that there should be a substantial salary increase for government jobs since not only do they add to the RP element of the server but they also are difficult to get in to and you have to be extremely professional at all times.

I feel like the average salary for a government employee should be at least 20%+ jobs where you just rock up and work for yourself and not for others.

Completly agree you

-1 People been making millions from governmental jobs since they been on the server. 50% you should apply to a job for its roleplay, then the pay which is usually enough if you get to do the parts that give you extra money.

Think of it like this. If you spend even 3 hours continuously driving a bus or a money truck you will be at the edge of going insane imo, that's not really happening while being a mechanic for example, where you can just avoid the AFK timer and watch a show till you're forced(if you don't feel like it from your own) to respond to player interaction or serve costumers. 

Chill out the govermental jobs are usually a pleasure to do if you like what you applied for, and then it's much easier to just farm paychecks since you can watch a show or something easier in the background or read something.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ said:

-1 People been making millions from governmental jobs since they been on the server. 50% you should apply to a job for its roleplay, then the pay which is usually enough if you get to do the parts that give you extra money.

Think of it like this. If you spend even 3 hours continuously driving a bus or a money truck you will be at the edge of going insane imo, that's not really happening while being a mechanic for example, where you can just avoid the AFK timer and watch a show till you're forced(if you don't feel like it from your own) to respond to player interaction or serve costumers. 

Chill out the govermental jobs are usually a pleasure to do if you like what you applied for, and then it's much easier to just farm paychecks since you can watch a show or something easier in the background or read something.

At no point did I say the government jobs were un-enjoyable. Nor did I say that regular jobs are mind numbing. Government jobs should be enjoyable as they are key to the RP elements of the server and they take a lot of work to get in to.

Government jobs require applications, interviews, training and repeated training to progress through stages.

Government jobs value RP and add to the RP feel of the server and actually benefit the city.

Regular jobs have no benefit to the city other than the money transporter job (who fills ATMs with money).

Regular jobs have little to no RP.

Regular jobs do not have applications, interviews, training and repeated training.

The way you should look at it is a part-time job vs a career. IRL a career is a secure income which has many benefits and is well paid. A part time job is just work with pay, nothing much more.

38 minutes ago, Roberto_Sanchez said:

At no point did I say the government jobs were un-enjoyable. Nor did I say that regular jobs are mind numbing. Government jobs should be enjoyable as they are key to the RP elements of the server and they take a lot of work to get in to.

Government jobs require applications, interviews, training and repeated training to progress through stages.

Government jobs value RP and add to the RP feel of the server and actually benefit the city.

Regular jobs have no benefit to the city other than the money transporter job (who fills ATMs with money).

Regular jobs have little to no RP.

Regular jobs do not have applications, interviews, training and repeated training.

The way you should look at it is a part-time job vs a career. IRL a career is a secure income which has many benefits and is well paid. A part time job is just work with pay, nothing much more.

I said that regular jobs are mind numbing to really farm good money from. I myself was able to stay on the mech for almost 12hrs a day SOMETIMES(no life ikr)even with GTMP crashes, but felt the same effect doing 3 hours of trucking for example. 

Regular jobs bring diversity to the city and add traffic to the streets. Imagine actually being able to take the bus from point A to point B if you're stuck on foot somewhere. Imagine seeing more street traffic, not from NPCs as some asked for realism.

1 hour ago, \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ said:

I said that regular jobs are mind numbing to really farm good money from. I myself was able to stay on the mech for almost 12hrs a day SOMETIMES(no life ikr)even with GTMP crashes, but felt the same effect doing 3 hours of trucking for example. 

Regular jobs bring diversity to the city and add traffic to the streets. Imagine actually being able to take the bus from point A to point B if you're stuck on foot somewhere. Imagine seeing more street traffic, not from NPCs as some asked for realism.

Doesn't mean you need to raise their wages. Just nerf the best city jobs like farming or fishing to all the other ones so there's no point in going to farm when you can make the same money doing a city job. IF you raise these wages, raise the government ones aswell.

-1 I feel like 10k an hour is to much with out money dumps and it kills the rp experience. Everytime a job gets reworked all that happens is everyone goes to the job that makes the most money or applies for a gov job to make passive money. With this being said it make it about making money and not actually focusing on the RP but focusing on let me get a fast car which is fine and all but I feel like there need to be way more money dumps if people are making this kind of money and or an economy overhaul. Because what's happening is houses on grove are going for a mil yet houses in mirror park are going for 100k? Same with cars they are so easily obtainable because of how fast you can make money on gov jobs and regular jobs now. I feel like more money dumps and such like insurance car maintenance car deteriorates after x amount of wrecks that total your car. The list can continue. I feel like Gov jobs and regular jobs need to be nerfed or else the economy is going to keep going up up up and making it hard for newer players to do something when they first join as it is already.

I just think like a mechanic lets be honest when your on duty who just watches Netflix and has the screen popped over everytime they hear VOIP or that. Like your stood typing /mechoffer 0/1/2 

A bus driver for example is there for hours on there own like totally on there own ACTIVELY doing stuff grafting for money like it is IRL. There is currently WAYYYY to much of a pay gap between Mechanics and other Gov jobs to the standard Gov Jobs because people get a gov job and just loiter avoiding AFK timer typing the odd command then getting 6.5/7k per hour 

+1 i just got a paycut at my govt job . I’m essentially a baby sitter. I have to deal with people mindlessly jumping off roofs, ramming into customers cars, and essentially going the extra mile to make my job as difficult as it can be. While someone who drives a bus in almost a straight line with zero RP involved makes the same amount as my higher ups. 

7 minutes ago, Mystic3k said:

+1 i just got a paycut at my govt job . I’m essentially a baby sitter. I have to deal with people mindlessly jumping off roofs, ramming into customers cars, and essentially going the extra mile to make my job as difficult as it can be. While someone who drives a bus in almost a straight line with zero RP involved makes the same amount as my higher ups

Why not just quit and become a bus driver if you hate your job?

• Like 1