Osborn

Fishing Improvements

- Reduce the type of fish you get from the fishing pier.
- Add boat fishing, if someone owns a boat, they can go out the ocean and catch bigger fish that yields bigger income. 
- Add fish quality, an RNG aspect that can turn fish bad if you don't sell it fast enough. 
- Add a small minigame to fishing to encourage people to actually play the game and have more fun whilst doing so. (Like, you caught a fish! Press Q.... Press E.... Press R....)
- Make people buy fishing roads & fish bait from general stores. Add a durability to fishing rods so that they need to be replaced at times.
- Add crates that you can buy and put on your boats to store more fish. Add the ability for players to steal these crates.
- Add the ability to players to steal fish from each other to encourage pirating out the sea. 
- Either
a) remove the fishing pier and let players fish wherever they see fit, make a different type of fish appear in the different type of water. I.e. at Vespucci Beach you can fish anchovies if you go further up north to Paleto Bay you can fish sturgeon.

Bigger fish like tuna, shark, octopus, catfish etcetera would require a boat and you'd have to go further out the ocean. 

This could also encourage people to host camping trips and there'd actually be something for them to do.

b) Add more fishing spots, there are more piers than the Del Perro one. Although, I'd prefer A.

That's all I can think off for now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I reckon we should be able to store it in our vehicles so we can fish for longer instead of goin back and forth and make tag we can park near the pier with a speed of 20kmh speed limit with cameras. Only reason why I say this is we get abused by the police for parking up their but us members and residents of Los Santos sick of getting cars broken in to.

On 8/20/2022 at 4:39 PM, Carl Vespucci said:

should be shoreline fishing stay same, deepwater fishing (requires boating investment) for good money.

I like this idea...gives more purpose to boats which currently don't really have much use. 

On 8/20/2022 at 8:34 PM, XeV said:

just up the price fish sell for by a margin and watch all the problems get solved, pier gets popping again, community hub is back, and fishing comes back

Agreed. Up the prices. It makes since economically and IC wise since no one has been fishing...the prices should go up as supply has been low for fish sold on the market. 

On 5/28/2018 at 9:02 AM, FatherOsborn said:

- Add boat fishing, if someone owns a boat, they can go out the ocean and catch bigger fish that yields bigger income. 
- Add fish quality, an RNG aspect that can turn fish bad if you don't sell it fast enough. 
- Add a small minigame to fishing to encourage people to actually play the game and have more fun whilst doing so. (Like, you caught a fish! Press Q.... Press E.... Press R....)
- Make people buy fishing roads & fish bait from general stores. Add a durability to fishing rods so that they need to be replaced at times.
- Add crates that you can buy and put on your boats to store more fish. Add the ability for players to steal these crates.
- Add the ability to players to steal fish from each other to encourage pirating out the sea. 
- Either
a) remove the fishing pier and let players fish wherever they see fit, make a different type of fish appear in the different type of water. I.e. at Vespucci Beach you can fish anchovies if you go further up north to Paleto Bay you can fish sturgeon.

Bigger fish like tuna, shark, octopus, catfish etcetera would require a boat and you'd have to go further out the ocean. 

This could also encourage people to host camping trips and there'd actually be something for them to do.

b) Add more fishing spots, there are more piers than the Del Perro one. Although, I'd prefer A.

Big +1 we have needed this for so long.

On 5/28/2018 at 9:02 AM, FatherOsborn said:

- Either

Fishing nets for boats would also be good.