Kim Gray

Paintball Course

It would be nice to set up a paintball course.
Maybe around the farm area/east side of the map... and hold team competitions or just for fun. 
We have scripts for guns, so it shouldn't be too hard to make "paint bullets" that don't harm you, or harm you at a minimum damage.. 
it'll add something to do in the city, and overall fun.

I would also volunteer my time to set it up and place stuff, if needed to make this happen 🙂 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, IAmTurtle said:

Only should really be given to pd/sd for "Training" and thats it. no other real need for it.

Are you joking/memeing? If you aren't I'll give a civil response on why paintball arenas of all things shouldn't be just for law enforcement. 

• Like 7

If this doesn't get support or anything I think something like this for the event team to put on would be awesome. 

This would also be sick to see someone make a business with it and open it up here and there if they got a gun that did zero or 1 damage.

+1

• Like 3

There needs to be some sort of support for non-lethal weaponry whether that be paintball, airsoft or whatever else, a lot of people IRL partake in these activities as a past time.

Not to mention the fact everyone enjoys a bit of shooting every now and then, not matter if you're a civilian, LEO or a criminal. 

• Like 2
  • hand 1

+1 (With some caveats)

I think the premise is great, any extra scripted activity will always have a +1 from me because there is no reason for us not to add side activities that have no affect on other people's roleplay.

However, I think there's a potential something like this could cause people to get lax in proper escalation outside of the paintball arena. Whilst in the arena DM rules don't apply since weapons are non-lethal, but people could potentially begin taking their arena mentality to the rest of their interactions (kind of already like this sometimes but that's a separate topic).

Provided the wider community would utilize an activity like this in the correct and perhaps creative ways it'll have my support.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, JakeInnit_ said:

There needs to be some sort of support for non-lethal weaponry whether that be paintball, airsoft or whatever else, a lot of people IRL partake in these activities as a past time.

Not to mention the fact everyone enjoys a bit of shooting every now and then, not matter if you're a civilian, LEO or a criminal. 

paint my balls

• Like 1

17 hours ago, IAmTurtle said:

My reason of keeping it limited was that i don't want the mind set of being in a paintball arena to spill out to other parts of the server. 

I think at most this should be a server event and nothing more.

I see it in reverse.

Those people who do a lot of shooting currently can let off steam in the paintball arena for an hour then once thats out of their heads, they can get stuck into roleplay of whatever form they wish. 

Id much rather people run around shooting paintballs at eachother than running labs lighting eachother up for very little reason other than just because they're bored.

• Like 3
  • YAY 1

On 4/16/2021 at 12:27 AM, IAmTurtle said:

Only should really be given to pd/sd for "Training" and thats it. no other real need for it.

There is a real need for it. Players could play between one another and enjoy themselves. The purpose of a paintball in real-life isn't for LEO training, but rather type of entertainment. 

Having this arena is not going to be "a paintball server", but rather give something outside of the normal role-play or just driving around. Yes, this could escalate into server-wide events and become server tournaments and whatnot, but it is very ignorant of just saying "no other real need for it, but PD and SD". You make this look now like PD/SD server, and everything should be for them only, otherwise there is no need for it. You can make that people need to pay for it and so on, just like you can go in real-life and shoot some paintballs at your friends, or take it competitively. 

• Like 3
  • YAY 1

10 hours ago, dawpi said:

There is a real need for it. Players could play between one another and enjoy themselves. The purpose of a paintball in real-life isn't for LEO training, but rather type of entertainment. 

Having this arena is not going to be "a paintball server", but rather give something outside of the normal role-play or just driving around. Yes, this could escalate into server-wide events and become server tournaments and whatnot, but it is very ignorant of just saying "no other real need for it, but PD and SD". You make this look now like PD/SD server, and everything should be for them only, otherwise there is no need for it. You can make that people need to pay for it and so on, just like you can go in real-life and shoot some paintballs at your friends, or take it competitively. 

this guy is a genius, +1

• chill 1