SykoZayn

No more crosshair - FIRST PERSON GUNFIGHT

Hello, as the the title says.. The crosshair and should be removed and all fights should be fought in first person view. 

After reviewing shootout videos of ECRP, I will list some issues below.

• Gang fights are retarded. Everyone is just running around and rushing like retards, no tactic and such. It's a roleplay server, engaging your character in shootouts is risky. But.. yeah, no one really seems to show any fear in shootouts. All they want to do is just win.
  • Players are using stretch res to get more FOV which is unfair. They can literally see people from corners. Stretch res should be banned / against the rules.
  • Abuse of GTA physics to win in shootouts. No would would dodge around to avoid bullets IRL. (They would dodge if there's any object nearby to rush for cover, but not dodging around and avoiding bullets like you're in Matrix movie.)

This is a roleplay server. Not any RPG server. Most of the gangs (95) are just acting so weird when it comes to shootouts. No one shows any fear. They just and call their gang on radios like it's 3030 year. Gangsters with Walkie-takies? No thank you.

The suggestion would overall improve the gameplay of shootouts in the server. Cops would ACTUALLY have chance to play the situation smartly other than dealing with criminals who ROLEPLAY as Rambo and just rush you like they "show" no fear for their life. I guess cops will support me in this suggestion.. Maybe.. not the illegal role-players.

(I'm not attacking/flaming any of you. Just after seeing the shootouts videos clipped on ECRP are just ridiculous. Everyone is just running around, dodging in the mid shooting to avoid bullets with no object nearby to cover. Dodging outta nowhere and such. I hope you guys will understand why I am suggesting this!) 

This change is needed to rid of the current play of shootouts. Thank you for reading! 

Edited by SykoZayn
  • Like 1
  • NAY 3

My only concern is the play of criminals. Their play-style of playing the character is so weird. I understand they're 'criminals' but they don't go around rushing with pistols to cops and just jumping/dodging outta nowhere and such. Everyone should show FEAR in shootouts. You don't have to RP as Rambo. (It's retarded. It really is.)

I understand where you're coming from.

I personally come from an extremely hardcore roleplay server on San Andreas Multi Player.

But if you come to think about it, this is the way this server in particular is meant to be, medium to low roleplay difficulty.

Trust me, I tried knocking some sense into a few players/mods regarding a few things about realism and what not. It's just, they won't accept to change and they aren't planning on changing.

Below are a few things I found that contradicts the realism factor in the server:

1) If a cop aims a gun at you, even though you are unarmed, non lethal, etc.. You are obliged to follow the "Fear For Your Life Rule" and stop whatever you're doing and comply with their demands, although in real life, evading a cop wouldn't really land you a bullet to the skull.
A report was made on an unarmed person running from a cop who brandished his gun at the suspect, the suspect got an OOC punishment for breaking fear RP.

2) Hood rich gangs, yeah. Gangs, hood gangs rocking drags and expensive automobiles.

3) Speed camera system, even though I don't have a drivers license nor a car,  still get speeding tickets and cops are like "Facial recognition" got you.

4) No matter how critically injured you get during a shootout with the cops, "death rp" is only granted if they decide to give it to you, otherwise no matter what happened to you, a medic will find a way to rescue you so you could be thrown in prison.

5) The unrealistic speed of the police cruisers which are able to hit 220KMH beating pretty much 95% of any car out there, including super cars.

You see, there is a whole lotta things that could be tweaked to provide for a better realistic roleplay experience, but then the server has already choosen the Medium to light/low path. Nothing to be done really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SykoZayn said:

Gang fights are retarded. Everyone is just running around and rushing like retards, no tactic and such

-1 based on this alone. 

You clearly havent interacted with the correct groups to witness proper tactics and strategies. 

As for first person and no Crosshair, these have both already been voted against. I personally do not want to be locked in first person due to GTA's implementation of it being terrible, the fov makes me sick. 

1 hour ago, SykoZayn said:

Cops would ACTUALLY have chance to play the situation smartly other than dealing with criminals who ROLEPLAY as Rambo and just rush you like they "show" no fear for their life.

Cops already do utilise tactics in attempt to outsmart criminals and others in scenes, and often it works. I cannot talk for the entirety of PD but I'm sure most would fairly agree that the "organised criminal gangs" utilise tactics in the major of said shootouts. 

Unsure if you're even from a criminal / cop perspective with the experience to make such a suggestion, but the lack luster of knowledge and history shows this suggestion was made off emotions. 

Edited by CallumMontie
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

-1 First person view is horrible and the game is just not meant to be played that way.

Regarding shootouts, have to agree with @CallumMontie, most gangs understand the need for positioning and cover. Most if not all of the time, criminals try to get a better angle, get some high ground, get some cover etc etc. They do not just run around aimlessly. The only time i think i have seen them do so, is when they are cleaning up or when they don't have a clear vision of hostiles - but LEOs do the same. No point to use some crazy tactics when you are in a situation where you outnumber your enemies 10 to 1.

First person sucks pretty hard in GTA, the game just wasn't designed to be a FPS. Try it out yourself and compare it to a game like warzone or battlefield. I'd say it's unplayable. There was a vote some time ago if the game should be first person and a huge majority voted no. 

• Like 1

Based on your unfounded and than more other, your subjective argumentations, I can't really support what you are saying in any way.

All you're doing is saying gangs are "retarded" because they do this and because they do that. You don't explain why it is wrong and how they should ideally behave in a shootout. What you said is so random and vague, it feels like you said nothing at all.

Last but not least, the "flaws" you found in gangs shootouts/RP; you did not even try to explain how removing the crosshair would eliminate them. It's like saying "the Titanic hit an iceberg therefore we must design more comfortable beds". That's why what you said is receiving only negative feedback.

Edited by TheCactus

+/- 1

I disagree with first person only gunfights, but I respect your reason for suggesting it, to increase realism and decrease abuse of FOV. (FOV mods are not permitted BTW).

I think firefights would be a lot more amazing and tactical for everyone if they just bring back cover.

Thank you for your suggestion.

We are not interested in re-implementing the removal of the crosshair as that comes with far too many cons than pros. In addition to that, we do not wish to force players into the native GTAV first-person view as it is not something our player base is comfortable with based on a previous community poll.

- Serthon