Architer

PD carrying multiple heavy weapons

Realistically, no Police officer or SWAT would go into a shootout, raid with multiple heavy weapons on their backs. SWAT when going on raids or responding to calls IRL has a Kimber Custom on their waists and uses a Colt AR-15 and nothing extra. I've seen POs, SWATs carrying carbines, micro SMGs and snipers at the same time which is ridiculous. I do think this should count as NonRP or the LSPD IC policy about this could be changed.

• Like 6
  • NAY 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

+1

I saw one today and it was really weird, and then he started sprinting. In real life you wouldn't be able to perform efficiently in combat with so many weapons on you.

Not to mention the weight both of the weapons and the magazines one would need to carry with him for each weapon. And the weapon slings and the weapon switching. A pistol and an AR should be sufficient enough.

The same for the snipers, since their job as snipers is to fire behind concealments and not fighting directly, they don't need an extra rifle.

Wonder why this rule shouldn't apply to everyone, can you explain, OP? Still, law enforcement factions already have rules regarding this.

I wouldn't say that carrying 2 heavy weapons is unrealistic. A loaded remington and M4 would weigh about 7kg together. With extra slugs/mags, it would be about 9-10kg. I personally don't find 10kg heavy to carry, especially if the majority of the weight is on my back/vest and about 3kg in my hands.

40 minutes ago, Marca said:

Wonder why this rule shouldn't apply to everyone, can you explain, OP? Still, law enforcement factions already have rules regarding this.

I wouldn't say that carrying 2 heavy weapons is unrealistic. A loaded remington and M4 would weigh about 7kg together. With extra slugs/mags, it would be about 9-10kg. I personally don't find 10kg heavy to carry, especially if the majority of the weight is on my back/vest and about 3kg in my hands.

The weapons is not the only thing that weight. There's vests, helmets, and if they carry them then breaching tools too.
Although weight is definitely a thing, it's definitely not the only aspect of it.
I also doubt you will find a vest big enough to carry enough shells for a shotgun, AR magazines, and also carry your radio, grenades, and whatever else they carry.

There's the weapon handling aspect as well.
The slings can tangle and good luck freeing them while being shot at.
The pistols aren't there just so they have another weapon on them, they're there for a reason.
Pistols are used as secondary firearms in case of a malfunction or an empty magazine in the primary weapon.
It's just a lot easier and faster to drop the rifle, reach out to the pistol and fire rather than drop the rifle, take the other rifle from the back, get into position and fire it.

Edited by Adir

PD SWAT already enforces OOC regulations regarding what weapons can be carried simultaneously with others, if server management want to implement a rule which affects ALL PLAYERS then I would support that, however creating server rules which can only be used to punish one group of players on the server but allow other players to get away with the same thing doesn’t seem fair to me.

For now, if you see a SWAT Operative carrying what you to believe to be ridiculous weapons, reach out to me with evidence and I'll judge if it breaks our OOC guidelines. The situation described in the initial post does sound like it would be a violation, however I’d need to be provided with evidence before I can take action.

• Like 2

+1

On 5/29/2020 at 5:04 PM, Devonte said:

Wouldn't this be an IC issue? You literally said it should have the IC policy changed. Don't see why an OOC topic has been brought up about this..

Yeah, try suggesting that IC'ly see how far you'll get.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/30/2020 at 10:29 AM, Saif said:

+1

Yeah, try suggesting that IC'ly see how far you'll get.

even suggesting it oocily doesnt go anywhere. pd needs multiple nerfs in different aspects, but players don't really want to lose their advantage.

As I posted back in May.... we already have OOC rules against members of SWAT carrying multiple 'large heavy weapons', in my post I stated should anyone see it they could report it to me and I'd handle it, to this day I am yet to a single report.

SWAT.png

Edited by Borrelli
  • Like 1

+1

As you said, realistically it should be considered as NON RP to carry multiple weapons (apart from pistols & melees), however the same rule should be implemented for criminals

This rule should be put under NON ROLEPLAY;

A player may not carry multiple *heavy weapons or multiple body kevlars on their character unless roleplayed correctly with the required rules for performing RP that may influence future roleplay.

*( Sniper rifles, SMG’s, Assault Rifles, Shotguns). 

On 7/9/2020 at 5:39 AM, countryboy9407 said:

how do I join 

best comment no cap

Edited by Skipper

1) With this suggestion it would need to affect all players, not just one group of people. Currently you can physically hold whatever you want up to the volume of storage your person has in inventory and whatever guns you want in the weapon wheel.

2) If you wanted to limit people via server rules this would apply to both criminals and non criminals. So you would not be able to carry a AK, shotgun and .50 let's say for example. 

3) Their are already contingencies such as faction rules to prevent government agencies going overboard.

4) Their always has to be a balance between a game and realism and I think with the current faction rules is better opposed to it being server rules.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MPheonix said:

-1. if I can carry 20 burgers, 3 jackets, 5 bottles, 2 pick axes, a lion and a dog in my pockets, then why can’t pd carry all the guns they like. realistically a video game should not be entirely realistic 

I used to play on a SAMP server where, if you gonn sling a shotgun, then it has to be in your hands the entire time, you can't scroll it off.

If you want it off your hands you need to put it in your car, or simply drop it.

Only scrollable weapons are pistols and light machine guns, also known as mp5s or techs.

But then again, that SAMP Server was a high-to extreme on terms of roleplay, eclipse isn't like that I guess, not shaming on it, it's simply the way the server chose to represent itself, medium to light roleplay.