SirQubed

Fear Rp needs adjusted

Fear RP seriously needs to be looked at. At it's current point it's all about who can pull the gun out first. It doesnt allow the other party to react because if we try to defend ourselves we get bombarded with OOC chat about being reported and the other person complaining for not following orders. 

I feel like it ruins so many potentially good RP scenarios because all you have to do is pull a gun out and aim. For instance, if I'm being chanced by the cops for a mass murder and they box me in and draw guns on me, as a criminal I'm gonna do whatever I need to do to get away but if I dont already have my gun out and I try my best to flee or fight back I'm in violation of fear RP. Or if I'm being robbed I'm immediately helpless and cant defend my self or property, I cant use /me secretly phones for police or /me slowly reaches for gun /do would they notice. Because they want to win and use fear RP as their golden ticket, and i get to start over dropping another mass amount of money to purchase everything again due to the fact there is no real way to investigate stolen property. 

Theres been a ton of cases of people not wanting to RP and use fear RP to "win" and if you dont respond to commands in .05 seconds they are OOC typing to hurry up and respond to RP. 

Also cop's jobs are to put their lives on the lines, but with Fear RP the way it is they have to cower for their lives 

Just something to think of to allow people to defend their self. 

• Like 1
  • NAY 1
  • Upvote 1

Fear RP was clearly put into keep things realistic but in it's current format, it restricts role-play.
It should just be if you do not have a reasonable chance of survival, you should be able to do what you need to.

There's a difference between reacting when someone starts pulling a gun on you to someone having a gun on you.
A hardened criminal or experienced cop is going to react differently to having a gun on them, than a civilian for example.

The only time people should be punished for it, is if their actions are basically like suicide.

8 hours ago, GOAT said:

Fear RP was clearly put into keep things realistic but in it's current format, it restricts role-play.
It should just be if you do not have a reasonable chance of survival, you should be able to do what you need to.

There's a difference between reacting when someone starts pulling a gun on you to someone having a gun on you.
A hardened criminal or experienced cop is going to react differently to having a gun on them, than a civilian for example.

The only time people should be punished for it, is if their actions are basically like suicide.

Agreed, with the current rules. Everyone needs to fear the gun  and are basically not able to do any rp to "resist" or overcome the threat, otherwise it would be deemed as fearrp. 

It is true that a lon-time criminal and law enforcement will have different approached to such situations than civilians. 

"The only time people should be punished for it, is if their actions are basically like suicide."  +1

I always found it quite odd when people type "/do would I succeed" or similar in a lot of situations.  When someone is under the fear RP if you type anything other than "yes" as a reply to their /do you're taking your chances with a report against you, or it turns into an out of character argument about stalling if you attempt to roleplay.  I'm not sure what the solution is, but if we're going to suggest people use /do in a situation like this what options are there?

Edited by Victor Einhart

Honestly, its a problem that can only be fixed by the way the rule is enforced i think. Instead of things being controlled by Ruleplay could just be reasonable.

"The only time people should be punished for it, is if their actions are basically like suicide."  +1 - I agree with this but it's extremely subjective so be careful what you wish for.

HUGE + 1, I always bring up the idea that if you are a gang banger, you will die for your brothers in arms, you will put your life in danger to fight back even if the odd is your life is put into danger. Reality is that not everyone is fearful for death, especially when you have the mindset of a brotherhood or a group. Look into real life, a crip and a blood will fight to the death even if it mean death, their goal is traction on an on going war. If we want to keep eclipse as one of the most realistic servers, I feel it is 100 percent necessary to restrict the fear rp drastically. Someone has already commented saying it’s nearly powergaming which I agree, restricting the other parties options to only being a coward under a rule where it then will put them at a stage of paying for all their stuff because they had no other option to fight back.

• Like 1

+1, having to remember to walk out of properties with a gun to not be put under fear-rp is actually a thing.

Being in a gang and having to show fear and take unrealistic stuff from a rival gang member just cuz they put a gun at you before you do doesnt really seem realistic.

Fear-rp should be a bigger case than just pointing a gun at someone as for example if you're a member of a big criminal faction (zetas or triads for example). REALISTICALLY, you'll have a bigger ego than just a random who has a gun pointed at you and you'll fight your way out even with him having his gun pointed at you first as being robbed by a random will bring shame to your name. Not saying that being a member of a big criminal faction should give you immunity of fear-rp but that cases should be looked at differently depending on the RP of the character.

HUGE +1 to this and i think that rules in general NEED to be reworked completely.

I feel like the players of eclipse rely on rules so much, that they start to forget roleplay and focus on ruleplay.

For example the DM Rule could have something like "If you and another criminal organisation are in a war you should be able to do drive-by or shoot on sight in certain locations."  .

Overall i think this server should focus more on roleplay instead of ruleplay. I see daily reports of people getting reported for petty stuff, at the end of the day everyone is here to have fun.

HUGE + 1, I always bring up the idea that if you are a gang banger, you will die for your brothers in arms, you will put your life in danger to fight back even if the odd is your life is put into danger. Reality is that not everyone is fearful for death, especially when you have the mindset of a brotherhood or a group. Look into real life, a crip and a blood will fight to the death even if it mean death, their goal is traction on an on going war. If we want to keep eclipse as one of the most realistic servers, I feel it is 100 percent necessary to restrict the fear rp drastically. Someone has already commented saying it’s nearly powergaming which I agree, restricting the other parties options to only being a coward under a rule where it then will put them at a stage of paying for all their stuff because they had no other option to fight back.

this.

If you and another criminal organisation are in a war you should be able to do drive-by or shoot on sight in certain locations.

I've thought about this as well many times and i just don't see why this isn't an option. Gang drive-by's happen IRL, i don't understand why we aren't are allowed to do it if we prefer roleplay over ruleplay and have the other persons consent. The only reason i would understand this option is the person who is getting killed could get pissed off oocly to get driven up on and just shot. Ill be honest, if the roleplay was good i wouldn't really care, but if i'm in a bad mood i myself would get mad on an ooc level. Maybe i had something valuable on me and i would just lose it like that, whereas IRL if you die you basically lose everything, you don't come back to life. So lets say you have a gun on you and you die, obviously you wouldn't really be able to do anything, but in game it affects your after life.

Overall i think this server should focus more on roleplay instead of ruleplay. I see daily reports of people getting reported for petty stuff, at the end of the day everyone is here to have fun.

This aswell.

If fear-rp does get changed i feel like there could be some negative things that come with it aswell, for example people abusing it and just running away and saying "i thought the rules were adjusted" or people not complying with demands and trying to do the most ridiculous shit.

Overall a +1 but specify what exactly what you want changed.

Tentative +1. 

It's such a subjective case by case thing, I can understand why it is the way it is and a lot of alternatives would unreasonably increase admin workload. 

I think the current state of affairs is obviously unsatisfying and a detriment to a lot of potential RP though. It's something that will have to be experimented with or trialled I think, the rule can always be reverted to the status quo if changes prove worse or untenable

On 2/28/2020 at 10:04 PM, JoeyPoppins said:

HUGE +1 to this and i think that rules in general NEED to be reworked completely.

I feel like the players of eclipse rely on rules so much, that they start to forget roleplay and focus on ruleplay.

For example the DM Rule could have something like "If you and another criminal organisation are in a war you should be able to do drive-by or shoot on sight in certain locations."  .

This is smart ^

+1

I agree with this massively especially when you consider the fact that anyone from law enforcement, Security or even armed forces would react completely differently to this situation and would most likely have faster reactions and there for most likely be able to at least knock the weapon out of there hand or draw the weapon and be able to get at least a shot if not more of before they are shot themselves.

Especially when you consider the fact you could out number them 3-1 but as they've already pulled there weapon on them you have to comply with what ever they say.

Admins at least reconsider this rule.

• Like 1

+1, the idea that people will pull out a gun when going somewhere just to avoid being put at gunpoint and disabled, clearly shows that the rules are too strict.

Gangs need to have more freedom when engaging each other and as long as there is RP supporting those actions, with the current big war, it makes RP sense to attack without even if the person is complying.

Additionally, if we are 1 on 1, and the guy tells me to drop my gun, whats to stop me from using the gun when im about to drop it, big chances are you will catch the person by surprise and actually gun him down first. This has been a case through multiple FRP reports, where people take out their gun and kill the assailant, because everyone is too set on the ruleplay, they assume they are safe and are just waiting for the person to comply.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 1:42 AM, CaesarSeizure said:

+1, the idea that people will pull out a gun when going somewhere just to avoid being put at gunpoint and disabled, clearly shows that the rules are too strict.

Gangs need to have more freedom when engaging each other and as long as there is RP supporting those actions, with the current big war, it makes RP sense to attack without even if the person is complying.

Additionally, if we are 1 on 1, and the guy tells me to drop my gun, whats to stop me from using the gun when im about to drop it, big chances are you will catch the person by surprise and actually gun him down first. This has been a case through multiple FRP reports, where people take out their gun and kill the assailant, because everyone is too set on the ruleplay, they assume they are safe and are just waiting for the person to comply.

+1 couldn't agree more!

I think you genuinely make some good points, but keep in mind that when you get caught lacking without a way to defend yourself, you should not be able to climb your way out of it by normal means. I will be honest in saying that i for one do not mind someone RPing back with me during a robbery, I never have. If you do something like /me attempts to secretly phone the police /do would he notice? Make a habit of doing /dice so people know where you're coming from. I do that often when someone is RPing back, as to not deny them RP but not take the decision into my own hands by saying /do yes or no. I let dice decide in that situation, and so should you.

I would suggest trying to do this form of RP first, rather than making a suggestion and see where the community's head is at, you won't know unless you try. Shit, a lot of times you can talk your way out of getting robbed.

• Upvote 3

Also, Fear RP should not apply when cops are aiming at unarmed suspects. Suspects who are not endangering the cops or the public would not be shot and should not fear for their lives. However, as the rule currently stands, they have to RP as if it is. This limits the amount of chases that happen in the city. Also I'm not implying that everyone should just be able to disregard the cops, but if three people are robbing a store and only one cop responds, he shouldn't be able to fear RP everyone into getting caught. It should at least be one cop per suspect.

Edited by thekidjrmint

+1, and potentially introduce larger drawbacks to death (can't play the chracter for x hours for example)), so that players actually don't want to die instead of what the case is now, where it's not really a big deal

Edited by Jleoni

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.