InvalidSun

Ammo at Gun Stores

This has probably been posted hundreds of times, but I'm going to suggest it again. 

Gun stores should be able to stock and sell ammo by itself, especially with the laws against carrying multiple weapons. The current way to refill your ammo is to buy an entirely new gun, or to buy it illegally. There should be a legal way for someone to refill their weapon with ammo, and gun stores would be the perfect place to do so. Obviously the import price of the ammo should be significantly less than 1/50th of the import of the gun it goes to.

• Upvote 3

I actually disgree for 3 reasons:

1) 50 rounds should be plenty for law abiding citizens. By the time a civilian has to fire 50 rounds (heres a hint, I've fired zero bullets in almost a year of play) its probably ok to have to spend 10k for a new weapon. Law abiding citizens shouldnt really need to buy ammo often, meaning this change really only benefits crims.

2) Pistol ammo can be sold for a decent price right now. I think this actually adds RP. It means pistols with rounds are actually valuable. And finding rounds to sell is actually worthwhile.

3) Rounds dont have serial numbers, and this would be rather easy to use to just fill up gangs pistol ammo. Legal citizens would have no risk in doing so, making this, again, more of a crim change.

tl/dr: civilians should rarely have to refill ammo, if ever. This change only benefits crims, and currently pistol ammo supply/demand seems fine to me.

Edited by Jasmine
  • Like 1

Jasmine this shows how little you know or understand about criminal roleplay. There is literally fuck all pistol ammo available for criminals, the only way to get it is to let the laptop build up stock over several hours which is nearly impossible with 3 gangs having access to it, not to mention the cap on the ammo stock being set at around 100 I think?

The other way is to just hunt and rob civillians for their pistols.

This is a big +1 unless the criminal imports are fixed and also I think it makes RP sense for legal firearm owners to be able to buy ammo for their weapon.

Edited by JakeInnit_
  • Upvote 1

+1

I see absolutely no legitimate reason to force the purchase of a completely new weapon just because you ran out of ammo. In real life I can walk into a gun store and legally purchase boxes of ammunition at my leisure completely separate from an actual firearm purchase. As it stands right now in game I can go to a store and buy 10 guns, strip the ammo from them all, then toss the empty guns away. That is just silly and doesn't really make much sense. With that said, I wouldn't be opposed to a close look at proper balancing of import/sale price, amount, and availability so it's not just promoting people stockpiling ammo.

23 hours ago, Jasmine said:

1) 50 rounds should be plenty for law abiding citizens. By the time a civilian has to fire 50 rounds (heres a hint, I've fired zero bullets in almost a year of play) its probably ok to have to spend 10k for a new weapon. Law abiding citizens shouldnt really need to buy ammo often, meaning this change really only benefits crims.

2) Pistol ammo can be sold for a decent price right now. I think this actually adds RP. It means pistols with rounds are actually valuable. And finding rounds to sell is actually worthwhile.

3) Rounds dont have serial numbers, and this would be rather easy to use to just fill up gangs pistol ammo. Legal citizens would have no risk in doing so, making this, again, more of a crim change.

tl/dr: civilians should rarely have to refill ammo, if ever. This change only benefits crims, and currently pistol ammo supply/demand seems fine to me.

In your 1+ years on the server, have you ever tried hunting? Tends to use a good bit of ammo if you just go out and have fun with friends hunting. Most don't even use their guns because they would have to buy an entirely new gun to refill it, which comes at a good price, not equivalent of what you would make from hunting. I get that you're trying to limit criminal access to ammunition, but it's just poor RP to cause a civilian to have to break a law in order to have more ammo for their gun. It's either buy it illegally, or buy a second gun, which makes no sense.

On 2/6/2020 at 4:35 PM, JakeInnit_ said:

Jasmine this shows how little you know or understand about criminal roleplay. There is literally fuck all pistol ammo available for criminals, the only way to get it is to let the laptop build up stock over several hours which is nearly impossible with 3 gangs having access to it, not to mention the cap on the ammo stock being set at around 100 I think?

The other way is to just hunt and rob civillians for their pistols.

This is a big +1 unless the criminal imports are fixed and also I think it makes RP sense for legal firearm owners to be able to buy ammo for their weapon.

I just obtained 10 pistols full ammo.
And have stockpiled plenty of weapons of every type. 
Just because the community sees me as civilian Jas.
Does not mean I am clueless about crim activity, and particularly weapon sales.
Thinking I am clueless about guns, imports, and crim activity just shows you don't know me well ICly.

Yes, handgun ammo is hard to acquire, yes, its possible it needs to be adjusted.
But lets be real, there are plenty of handguns out there, and they are not hard to get.
Neither is ammo, I have no crim faction, just know some people, and can easily get ammo when I need it.

My stance remains the same. I don't think the solution is ammo in guns stores.
Even your own statement makes it clear the solution lies within the import system....

"nearly impossible with 3 gangs having access to it,"
"not to mention the cap on the ammo stock being set at around 100 I think?"
Maybe that's the issue and the solution??

Edited by Jasmine

5 hours ago, InvalidSun said:

In your 1+ years on the server, have you ever tried hunting? Tends to use a good bit of ammo if you just go out and have fun with friends hunting. Most don't even use their guns because they would have to buy an entirely new gun to refill it, which comes at a good price, not equivalent of what you would make from hunting. I get that you're trying to limit criminal access to ammunition, but it's just poor RP to cause a civilian to have to break a law in order to have more ammo for their gun. It's either buy it illegally, or buy a second gun, which makes no sense.

Yes, I use my foot and a knife. Requires zero ammo.
When they change this, maybe I will agree with the suggestion.

And strictly from an IRL -> RP standpoint, I agree its silly to have to buy a whole new gun to refill ammo.
But until a lot of other things change (namely the ease at which guns/ammo can get into crims hands), this suggestion is not strictly an IRL -> RP change.

The serial numbers on weapons is currently nearly useless in preventing handguns being used in crime.

Edited by Jasmine

I think I have a solution for this. Why not make the pistols you purchase from gun stores have more ammo in them by default. Like 75 or 100 they currently carry 50 which in my opinion is enough for me at least, whichever brings more balance. Jas has a point I’ve purchased a gun and have had equipped for so long I haven’t used a single bullet from it. Maybe increasing the default ammo with the pistols might help the issue. 

+1

No reason to find empty pistols lying around like a worthless piece of metal or stock piles in houses and cars. Its oddly unrealistic factor  Which criminals would still have to go black market to find ammo assuming they couldnt buy from shop without a license.  Factors that could help this transition, make it so guns break after xxxx amount of shots, make only a few ammo calibers available in shops excluding shotgun, ak and w.e else seems fit  and could be soft cap of how much ammo can buy in x amount of time. General ideas, Thanks for listening. 

+1. I was forced to buy a whole new gun after Wasting 25 round on a person and them not dying. De-sync can cause problems and buying bullets illegal causes problems for people trying to stay legal. Makes zero sense why I need to buy a whole new gun to get more ammo to stay legal.

Edited by Ultra3D
Misspellings

On 2/6/2020 at 1:06 PM, Jasmine said:

You can buy ammo cheap if you know some illegal people but us people trying to stay legal are in a hard place in this situation

1 minute ago, Ultra3D said:

You can buy ammo cheap if you know some illegal people but us people trying to stay legal are in a hard place in this situation

If you are a fully legal citizen who refuses to ever engage in criminal activity, you will likely not go through 50 rounds very quickly.
In what situation are you getting into regularly as a fully legal citizen where you are discharging your firearm constantly?

7 minutes ago, Jasmine said:

If you are a fully legal citizen who refuses to ever engage in criminal activity, you will likely not go through 50 rounds very quickly.
In what situation are you getting into regularly as a fully legal citizen where you are discharging your firearm constantly?

I used my heavy on a person who was trying to steal my car and I hit them a number of times and they did not die. So de-sync/lag issues are a problem and that fact that you can buy a gun/gun license but cant get ammo leaves a hole in the RP.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.