InvalidSun

Raise gas station storage

Pretty straight forward suggestion.

Currently, and ever since release, gas stations have been limited to 20,000 liters. Nowadays, the demand for it has that running out in less than 2 days. While running out is a manager error in that regard, it damages the player in regards to the fact that at times, 3-4 gas stations at a time end up running out of gas, and then they have to wait for a trucker, or run the loads themselves. 

I suggest raising it several times over, as the player base has increased drastically since the release of gas stations.

• Upvote 2

I've seen this suggestion show up in a Discord and now I find it here too 😄
I also came with an idea to have fuel station owners being able to buy "tiers", which will hold more capacity. So basically, if people want they can buy extra capacity if they want to, since I am not sure if some people need more capacity.
overall, +1

Edited by Yputi

Owners dont need to be further rewarded for AFKing for days/weeks and continue to collect passive income.

Here's a better solution: when owners can't be bothered to fill their stations every once in a while, the station goes up for auction to the public.

This is an RP community that is always evolving and benefits from ACTIVE players RPing on the server. When someone stops being active, their income should stop too.

And others who are active should be given opportunities to replace them in the community.

Edited by Jasmine
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jasmine said:

Owners dont need to be further rewarded for AFKing for days/weeks and continue to collect passive income.

Here's a better solution: when owners can't be bothered to fill their stations every once in a while, the station goes up for auction to the public.

This is an RP community that is always evolving and benefits from ACTIVE players RPing on the server. When someone stops being active, their income should stop too.

And others who are active should be given opportunities to replace them in the community.

19 hours ago, Jasmine said:

Instead, I would like a better management system so I can actually have my registrated manager order fuel. Now I am 100% responsible for the whole station and everyone has some time off the server.

Would also be kinda harsh for some banned people that can still appeal, but will take some time for them to get unbanned

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Yputi said:

Instead, I would like a better management system so I can actually have my registrated manager order fuel. Now I am 100% responsible for the whole station and everyone has some time off the server.

Would also be kinda harsh for some banned people that can still appeal, but will take some time for them to get unbanned

+1 Yhea this would also bring new jobs into the citys and give gas staion owners time to relax.

After doing some research I found this source: https://www.quora.com/How-much-fuel-is-stored-in-a-petrol-station

Here in a summary:

• "Generally 1 or 2 set of dispensing machine has one tank of diesel and one of petrol linked to it."
  • "Each tank has a capacity of 21,000–22,000 litres."
  • "The amount of fuel storage as well as number of pumps will be determined by the amount of business they expect to have."

I think these 3 quotes were the most important ones of that source. Currently, there are stations that have a simple duo-dispensing machine. Lollipop Fuels in Paleto is kinda  weird story since there is a huge station attached to it, but only the very small pumps infront of the grocery store are being used scriptwise... 
The 20K liter makes sense, but imo only for the station with these small pump's. 

I think having a improved management system where you can simply appoint staff to certain parts of the system (order fuel, take money out, etc.) would be very nice + adding a part on the government forum where you can apply to buy extra tanks for more capacity. Then the government employees will check if it makes sense, so they will look if the extra capacity is really needed or not, how much more capacity would make sense and give a price.
Maybe some rules can be bound to it that if the station runs out of fuel a lot or the person managing the station does not take good enough care, they get a warning, reduced capacity or anything else to promote people to stay active instead of auction their stuff.
Now I do think the stations with more dispensing machines should be able to apply for more capacity more easily, unless out of the city.

PS. I do see why jasmine sees this as promoting inactive people to make money, but at the end most of them paid a lot to get this benefit. Atleast in my experience. + I don't think a bigger capacity will make them more inactive. Otherwise if they really are only active for ordering new fuel they will just jump online to place that order anyway.

Edited by Yputi

It would be nice to see an upgrades within the gas stations and general stores too in regards to storage spaces. For example, you would have to invest into the security, storage and other things that may increase the chance of the robbers getting reported or having more space for the fuel within the gas stations.

On 2/6/2020 at 9:57 PM, Jasmine said:

Totally agree with you

On 2/7/2020 at 12:27 AM, Jasmine said:

+1

We have seen a higher rate of usage lately but I don't have fuel consumption usage data. A player 'should' have to log in at least 2-3 times a week to actively maintain their business, maybe a *breakdown* mechanic?

Via some quick research, underground gas storage tanks per octane range 15,000-50,000 gallons (56,781-189,271 liters).

• Average Tank Size = 123,026 liters
  • Times 2 (average number tanks in a standard station in the US is 3, but we only have 'one octane') = 246,052 liters
  • Divided by 4 (because it's a game, we divide everything by 4 and because @Jasmine makes a good point.) = 61,513

Hmm, I think I could support tanks being increased to (rounded) 60,000 liters

Edited by Xoza

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.