Philo

Limit losses to 150k worth per RP situation

Suggestion is pretty much straight forward. During ANY RP situation, whether its a robbery, house raid, police raid, etc.. I'm suggesting putting a limit to the amount of scammed or lost money here as people would definitely get discouraged from playing on the server if they lost big amounts of money at once.

+1.

Increase in scummy scams is pretty bad lately - even if it's only a game and it's part of the roleplay, it's also time and effort put into earning that money. OOC effort, hours of grinding and work.

We don't have realistic prison times because it would not make sense OOCly to sit a 1:4 ratio IRL for their imprisonment.

So being scammed of.. well 500k.. 1 million.. it's hours, days, months of grinding passed over by someone out "smarting" another.

Money is an IC currency, yes, but it's still effort put in on an OOC level as well. Scamming needs better ruling placed onto it, I haven't been scammed yet - however the chances of it happening on Eclipse lately is pretty high.

• Like 1

-1 we do not need any further ooc limitations placed upon players.

The server is moving further towards  an immersion based focus, rules like this make no sense when it comes to rp and breakdown a form of immersion. 

Why should we protect players who are impatient and careless just because its "a lot of money" the systems already exist to prevent these losses. 

Onto the house raid limit, what rp sense does it make that if PD were to raid a criminal stash house they'd be like "okay boys we got the 150k worth let's leave the other 0.5mil worth of illegal guns and items" they wouldn't ever. 

It is the risks that come with being a criminal or attempting to avoid tax and do private trading, perhaps if players who made a mistake were more accepting of their loss they would continue on like others instead of al+f4'ing and never returning to the server.

If you quit the server over your own mistakes, chances are you were only here for self benefit.

-1 my thoughts are in line with the other posters, we do not need OOC limitations on each and every situation involving money/items. There are ways to properly sell vehicles and houses to avoid scams. Also nobody is just going to leave anything over an imaginary 150k cap, that would make no sense. Please accept your losses. This is not a money grinding simulator, instead immerse yourself in the roleplay.

5 hours ago, TreMetal said:

Just change the penal code for fraud to account for the amount of money to be equivalent to the OOC estimation of making said amount of money (for example 1 hour of jail per ~10k stolen). Of course that is kind of an IC issue, but it deals highly with OOC concepts.

Well that sounds like OOC punishment, "you scammed 100k car so you'll spend next 10h in jail, hope you didn't have plans for this evening"

I believe scamming is in the nature of the beast when it comes to ECRP. You are very able to avoid being scammed, i think an alternative and better idea would be to look into a listing place for houses (more streamlined than the marketplace) and placing another car selling lot that would cater to mid level cars Low End ($1-$30k) Mid End ($30001-$250k) Highend ($250001-whatever your hear desires). This will atleast help the problem with trying to sell a vehicle in the city which i agree is a major issue.

y'all are saying RPly a lot.. RPly there should be no limitations sure... But the server should add limitations to the RP. I can't just kill a cop cause he saw my face can't I. There is a DM rule that puts limitations on my RP. As well as scamming. I can't just scam a person for all he had cause he is thinking this server protects him from getting scammed then comes to a realization that he for real lost everything and needs to start over. You can't just raid a house as police and find 20 aks and 20 shotguns in there and decide to take them all. Sure the criminal should not have used his house when he was being chased so police won't see him doing so but still that is still 1 RP situation caused him to lose literally 500k+ worth of items. Which I see is destroying. I would say putting a limit to the amount of money lost in a single RP situation is a good solution to help maintain the population of the server. I don't want people quitting cause they got scammed off their cars and houses. This sounds really ridiculous I know but if you think from another perspective a non player perspective. Someone that actually wants the server to grow you would put limitations to that.

• Like 1