JakeInnit_

Serial Number File

Serial Number File

Basically just need a file tool added to the import laptop for official criminal factions which would allow them to scratch anyway the serial numbers from guns.

You would have to have the file tool in your inventory then you could right click on a weapon within your inventory to open the context menu where you would be able to click "Remove Serial Number", this action would have a timer of a few seconds and then the serial number would be listed as "scratched away".

Unsure what the price should be but the tool should definitely have a durability so it wears away overtime. 

This is what a file tool looks like in real life, it is used to remove fine amounts of material from a workpiece, its often used in woodwork or metalwork. 

220px-Raspel_Baiter.jpg

Edited by JakeInnit_
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I would love to see something like that as now, if you do find a serial number and run it, you do not actually know if the serial number on that weapon has been removed way before it was actually given to the person you take it from, this would add more realism to the role-play and the game itself. +1.

1 minute ago, Papadakis said:

Criminals print their own guns now 😄 😄 Who scraps serial numbers in 2019?

We don't have the ability to get a sustainable amount of illegal pistols/ammunition, this solves the issue, criminal factions can get files to remove the serial numbers from legal pistols. Alternatively the devs could reduce the refill counter on the laptop.

• Like 1

Currently there's no other system to keep track of these things apart from the serial number. I'd say the serial number staying is enough, because it's not necessary to script in this and other things just to have minimal control. IRL if you go out and keep buying a new gun every week, you'll likely get denied or police will be knocking at your door to see what's up. 

+1 to this, the argument of "lets not script this in to introduce less police control" is invalid. 

Currently there is zero way for criminals to unlink themselves from a stolen/illegally purchased weapon, other than a /me and /do which expires after 48 hours. 

There is always the capability for detectives to investigate the stolen weapon utilising /do which would prevent players from lying to counteract the introduction of this.

Not everyone of these guns are purchased and sold on - they are often stolen, hence the requirement of a serial number removal.

• Like 1

+1 under the conditions of...

- Price is significant
- Limited uses due to item deterioration
- Not limited to official criminal factions

The first two conditions would make it so the existence of serial numbers doesn't become a moot point. If a one time cheap purchase gave you the power to forever get rid of serial numbers, that would be too OP. Right now anybody can RP filing a serial number but the drawback is that they have to remember to do it again in 48 hours so it's always important to have that balance somewhere and in this case I think a hefty price and limited uses would be adequate. The third condition is because a file should be treated like bobby pins. Even though the only scripted use for the bobby pin is to lock pick, it's still sold in general stores because the item itself is not illegal, just what it's being used for. 

eh... +/-1

Seems unnecessary. Weapons are rarely marked missing, officers can't prove it was stolen, found or given, so individuals are rarely charged with it being stolen property. A weapon with the serial removed not only increases the crime from carrying unlicensed to carrying unlicensed AND illegal firearm, but doesn't add anything to the risk.

Edited by Xoza

-1 The way you have described suggestion would be easily abused by gang members that own license and would just buy guns from stores and spread them.

In my oppinion this would be way too OP and abused by gang members to buy plenty of guns from store with a license and just spread around and it would be no way of tracing that back. And the point I'm against it is because irl if you buy a gun and police comes they will know what kind of guns you bought and you need to prove them that you actually have the gun you can't just spread guns like that from stores IRL.

Although this could be solved if police could actually check how much guns people actually have bought from stores if it seems suspicious ammount they could investigate and person should report their guns to the police this would add even more rp since people would need to report guns as stolen to prove that they don't have it and if you die some ooc way to write the gun off since you've died irl police would know about it as well. Guns are treated like candies in this server people just don't bother about keeping them safe and so on.

4 hours ago, SamuelGunn said:

-1 The way you have described suggestion would be easily abused by gang members that own license and would just buy guns from stores and spread them.

In my oppinion this would be way too OP and abused by gang members to buy plenty of guns from store with a license and just spread around and it would be no way of tracing that back. And the point I'm against it is because irl if you buy a gun and police comes they will know what kind of guns you bought and you need to prove them that you actually have the gun you can't just spread guns like that from stores IRL.

Although this could be solved if police could actually check how much guns people actually have bought from stores if it seems suspicious ammount they could investigate and person should report their guns to the police this would add even more rp since people would need to report guns as stolen to prove that they don't have it and if you die some ooc way to write the gun off since you've died irl police would know about it as well. Guns are treated like candies in this server people just don't bother about keeping them safe and so on.

I was under the assumption that LSPD can view weapon purchase logs? 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.