Rubsmeister

Reduce body armor price

Simple suggestion: Reduce the price of body armor. Body armor is just a gimmick right now that no one uses because it is way too expensive. I suggest the price is lowered to 10k instead of 40k. This way it still has a reasonable value so that not everyone has it constantly using it, but at the same time it is a viable option and not way too expensive to use like it is right now. 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 3

Haha, good one. You want some rocket propelled grenades to go with that as well, maybe some sticky bombs?

In terms of a 75% reduction in price, absolutely not. If they wanna reduce the price by like 5-10k then fair enough, but most of the gangs these days are millionaires anyway so what is 40k to them?

• NAY 1

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

Haha, good one. You want some rocket propelled grenades to go with that as well, maybe some sticky bombs?

In terms of a 75% reduction in price, absolutely not. If they wanna reduce the price by like 5-10k then fair enough, but most of the gangs these days are millionaires anyway so what is 40k to them?

I understand your confusion considering the fact that you have no access to imports, however consider the following:

1. It is a slither of body armor. 1 punch or being tapped gets rid of it, it is 1/4 of the body armor police is issued

2. Whenever you log out (or crash) the body armor dissapears.

3. You have to import them in 10’s, so Importing them is atleast 400k

Proof enough should be that literally NO ONE uses it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rubsmeister said:

This makes no sense, there is absolutely point to having it but it’s just too expensive to be viable right now. 

You just said that the armor doesn't save on logout and you only get a small amount of it.

Reducing the price to 10k still makes it a terrible purchase.

Just now, GOAT said:

You just said that the armor doesn't save on logout and you only get a small amount of it.

Reducing the price to 10k still makes it a terrible purchase.

Yes that is exactly my point, congratulations you get it. That’s why it should be cheaper. It’s still not going to be something I use all the time, but atleast I don’t have to go broke to buy it

1 minute ago, Rubsmeister said:

Yes that is exactly my point, congratulations you get it. That’s why it should be cheaper. It’s still not going to be something I use all the time, but atleast I don’t have to go broke to buy it

I get it, but apparently you do not. Regardless of whether it's 10k, 40k or 100k. If it's how you describe then it's useless. Either buff it like @Hoxton_Curry said and keep the price or remove it entirely if its kept like it is.

I wouldn't pay 5k for it, under them conditions. 

4 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I get it, but apparently you do not. Regardless of whether it's 10k, 40k or 100k. If it's how you describe then it's useless. Either buff it like @Hoxton_Curry said and keep the price or remove it entirely if its kept like it is.

That’s up to you, but I’ll pay 10k to take an extra bullet and to look good. It is a reasonable price and 40k is not. I wouldnt be against there being multiple grades of armor available for different prices aswell.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GOAT said:

This is just a weird irrelevant point I don’t see how this is useful to the suggestion at hand.

30 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Most “gangs” themselves may be collectively millionaires, but the individuals inside them are not. We still pay for our own stuff. 40k is alot of money for people to splash out ontop of the chance of losing a heavy weapon which was 20k+ alone.

27 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I mean then probably better to remove it altogether than reduce the price. If there's no point to it, might as well not have it.

The point to it is the same as PD no? Protect us from gsw’s, knives etc. Reducing it for how much it is to 15k is literally nothing especially when one punch and it is already gone when its 1/4 of what PD gets for free.

20 minutes ago, GOAT said:

That’s the point of the thread, to either get it reduced in price OR more armour for the price, either way it will still not be used as much as you think cause spending 20k for some armour that can be lost when you take any sort of damage is still too much to be spending for most crims.

• Like 3

+1, I feel like this would be a reasonable price to the point where not everyone is using it but it's still worth buying if needed. As it stands it's just way too expensive for what it offers. I also like the idea of having different grades of body armour available.

• Like 1

What would be reasonable is this drops to 30k-35k. I would not go lower than 30 due to how the current wealth levels of most criminals. 

Kevlar is something of a privilege and isn't just something to be considered lightly. I would be wholey opposed to the fact that Kevlar should be the same quality as government kevlar. (1/2 armour).  I think it should stay as it is, 1/4.  

I think kevlar should be more of a sign of wealth as a criminal and protection for those only who can afford it. The minority not the majority. This would quickly turn into Afghanistan if all criminals had AK's and kevlar vests matching government factions's kevlar. 

• Like 3

+1 to this, 

In my honest opinion for the amount of protection the armour we can import provides I'd say 20-25k would be the sweet spot. Only high value criminals or those who have the cash to splash would be wearing it. It's not going to turn into every man on the block in a vest. 

At 25k import it will normally cost any person at least 10% or more added on top to purchase this, taking it close to 30k worth of value, similar to the rough value of an AK as of recent. 

If you ask me 30k for an AK that can kill 10+ people with the ammo provided in the price is much scarier than a 25k vest that protects a few shots. 

Personally I don't see the argument with whole "criminals shouldn't have vests". People seem to forget that two of the 3 official gangs are a mafia and a cartel. Who irl would have easy access to acquiring vests, and would pose less of a challenge to find/buy than an AK. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, CallumMontie said:

Personally I don't see the argument with whole "criminals shouldn't have vests". People seem to forget that two of the 3 official gangs are a mafia and a cartel. Who irl would have easy access to acquiring vests, and would pose less of a challenge to find/buy than an AK. 

It's incredibly easy to acquire a lightweight vest in the states; those who are making this argument should do a bit of research on how readily available they actually are.

• Upvote 5

I would say that 10k is too cheap but maybe 25k ? +1 if done right though.
And we also have to keep in mind that when ur game crashes, or the server crashes and you have the armor on, when you log in it disappears so...40k makes no sense.

Edited by Sandiego
update

I am glad that there are many of you that agree the price needs to be lowered. However I still think 25-20k is too expensive. Being shot once or getting tapped with a car and losing something that is worth 20k is just frustrating and makes no sense. I really don’t feel like even at 10k it is a must have or anything along those lines, but atleast it’s something fun to buy and use without being incredibly frustrating.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sandiego said:

I would say that 10k is too cheap but maybe 25k ? +1 if done right though.
And we also have to keep in mind that when ur game crashes, or the server crashes and you have the armor on, when you log in it disappears so...40k makes no sense.

This has been fixed, health no longer gets reset on relog

• PogU 1

It's expensive for a reason otherwise you'll have every person and their dog in kevlar. It's a luxury for the minority who have that extra cash. If everyone had it because it was so affordable ..we might aswell stop role-playing.. Like I said in my previous post lowering it to 30-35k seems fair. To lower it further than that would be a very drastic and potentially dangerous move for balance.

1 minute ago, DrizzyDre said:

It's expensive for a reason otherwise you'll have every person and their dog in kevlar. It's a luxury for the minority who have that extra cash. If everyone had it because it was so affordable ..we might aswell stop role-playing.. Like I said in my previous post lowering it to 30-35k seems fair. To lower it further than that would be a very drastic and potentially dangerous move for balance.

I think we've said atleast 5 times now that it literally blocks 1 extra bullet, how could that ever be dangerous for balance. Having extra cash doesn't mean I want to spend it on something that really doesn't have any value. The 25k you're suggesting is the same as an Assault Rifle stock with ammo and maybe a few attachments. Armor does definitely not hold the same value. I'd rather be able to shoot someone 100 times then be able to take 1 shot more.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.