Gabriel_Fallen

crosshair removal was a bad idea

I think that crosshair removal was a bad idea because it opens another can of worms who abuse it.People just put a tape on their monitor and they have a crosshair its not hard to abuse it .When everybody had a crosshair everyone was on the same level playing field but now you just get shot by"snipers" who kill you with a tape on their monitor.Image for reference on how easy it is to abuse it

ggpNbNs.jpg

Edited by Gabriel_Fallen
Added image
  • Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Gabriel_Fallen said:

You dont even need to have that kind of monitor there is plenty of programs that do that,and i doubt that it enhances RP because people that abuse it are like John Wick compared to people who try to aim with iron sights which arent even pointing correctly

yeah but if i where to take a screen shot the cross hair won't show up, there some guy who got banned because he took a screen shot and it shows his cross hair from his 3rd party program lol.

Just gotta learn.
I don't think things should change because some people don't understand the idea of RP. I can understand that this does attract cheaters, but for me it's not big enough. I prefer the realism.

Edited by Yputi

42 minutes ago, MildsHawk said:

@Gabriel_Fallen Or we might suggest dev stuff for this, i've seen fivem servers been coding the gun bullets going random up and down and left right. it might be good idea to have a risk of shooting instead of having a GTA-V based straight bullets.

I don't believe the direction of fired bullets will change, but with the next update, as far as I know, there will be recoil added for all weapons, which is one step closer to achieving what you've mentioned.

• Like 1

Yea I just think people are missing the point in a lot of this. The cross hair removal was for realism... this isnt a win lose game... its a role play server, you shouldnt be getting into shootouts enough to need a crosshair... that is what we dont want in the server... role play more, I personally dont want a crosshair back on my screen... except maybe when building because removing stuff in building is agony...

• Upvote 1

They definitely shouldn't have removed it - as it has been said, the people who want to cheat will just use a crosshair anyway, disadvantaging honest players. And I don't see how a crosshair is non-rp when practically everyone plays in 3rd person; if you were using a gun IRL you'd have sights. At the end of the day, the RP is always going to be limited by GTA's mechanics

I don't think this is really solid ground to stand on.  Just because some people might abuse something doesn't mean it shouldn't be in place.  For example there's a powergaming rule but that doesn't always stop people from powergaming and getting an unfair advantage... but the rule does cut down on it significantly. 

Removing the crosshair does add that bit of realism and was in my opinion a positive change.  Saying just because some people abuse the change and the rule associated with it doesn't mean it shouldn't stay.

The problem, I think, is the lack of a way to really detect if someone is actually doing this and getting an advantage, not the removal itself.

Edited by Victor Einhart
  • Like 2

Just now, Victor Einhart said:

I don't think this is really solid ground to stand on.  Just becaus some people might abuse something doesn't mean it shouldn't be in place.  For example there's a powergaming rule but that doesn't always stop people from powergaming and getting an unfair advantage... but the rule does cut down on it significantly. 

Removing the crosshair does add that bit of realism and was in my opinion a positive change.  Saying just because some people abuse the change and the rule associated with it doesn't mean it shouldn't stay.

The problem, I think, is the lack of a way to really detect if someone is actually doing this and getting an advantage, not the removal itself.

With the vast majority of rules, there is usually at least some sort of way to tell if they are being broken. But you will never get caught using a 3rd party crosshair unless you're an idiot and upload a recording/screenshot. So what's the point in having a rule like this that can't be enforced and only disadvantages people trying to play within the rules?

+1 completely over ridden with people abusing this. It's even to the point where people are sharing where to download etc... Especially since many monitors now come with built in programmable crosshairs. RP should be RP, having a dot able to assist with aim wouldn't ruin the RP if it was already to the extent of shooting eachother