HaminLord

Pushing civilian RP as the server's main focus.

It's no lie that civilian RP barely exists out of now and that the server is currently going downhill with its RP Quality and becoming a Cops vs Robbers.
I'm sure that almost all the players who played on this server for more than a month are aware of this, and (most of them) would like to see this change.

Whether if they're on the criminal, or cop side. It doesn't really matter, as I'm sure almost all of us can agree that the aspect of civilian RP is greatly lacked upon in the server.
In the server's current state, almost all players are forced into either the side of PD/MD/SADOC/City Hall or the criminal side of roleplay, by forming small gangs, joining the larger ones and etcetera.
There is also a small group which attempts to go legal and do the very small amount of Civilian Roleplay which is present, that is joining one of the 4 "Non-Gov" factions, them being LSC, Bayview, DCC, Weazel. 

While one might say that you can still RP as a law-abiding civilian by either being in one of these factions or simply cruising around and chilling out with friends, that sort of RP is not expanded on, and can get very repetitive in a very short time (e.g working at LSC, constantly being on duty on the ledge and eventually going off duty to buy a car, chill around or etc.).
I believe (and so do many people I have spoken with about this topic), that Civilian RP should be the temporary focus of the development and admin team, by promoting and expanding it as much as possible. As of now, this is being expanded in some way, from the different events which the event team has brought onto us (thank you @Serthon, really cool!) and different updates such as the adding of the City Hall faction and new salary system, promoting more roleplay between employees and their employers. The upcoming update which NBDY posted in #development as well showed coding always looks quite cool and fun, and I believe it will greatly help Civilian RP grow in those areas, groups of people going around in vans and off-road vehicles on hunting trips.

However, with that being said, I believe that even with all this recent growth with Civilian RP, it still lacks alot of content to help it achieve "mainstream" status, stuff such as extra jobs or general gameplay improvement (e.g an actual bank faction, further improvements into the City Hall faction, more businesses and assets to help quell down the massive inflation the economy on the server has been experiencing and etc.) can definitely help Civilian RP grow and expand. While I'm not saying Civilian RP is something that all criminals or PD do, I'm simply suggesting a new route in which a new, or old player on the server can choose. People roleplaying as a hunting company, a nightclub with constant parties, auction houses, and in general, more gameplay features, stuff like stocks for certain businesses, the ability to own general stores and etc.

This suggestion is not focused on one subject at all, yet I simply attempt to focus it on a general direction in which the server can (and even starting to go, with updates such as the new hunting update, gun licensing, and new mining job NBDY posted in discord), this can overall improve quality of RP as a whole in the server, and would lower the amount of "Hands up this is rob" or constant OOC hate between criminal roleplayers and government roleplayers (mainly PD). Not that I'm saying it is bad RP, as I myself used to do criminal RP for around 8 months, and is currently in PD for around 3 months. People can still go with their own respective routes, yet this sort of direction can open many more routes to new, old and returning players on ECRP. 

Finally, I'm not saying that development should be centered only on Civilian RP for a certain amount of time, as I still believe much other needed updates, such as criminal ones are required and wanted by most of the community. I simply wish for this to be the main focus of the development of ECRP, as it can greatly help its community and roleplaying standards as a whole. 

• Like 8
  • PogU 2
  • Upvote 10

+1

I have seen a few suggestions being made regarding this subject such as 'tiers' of legal non-faction jobs I.e Delivering X amount of packages your pay would increase by X$ to help make them competitive to other jobs and also RP being a long time worker of that job and working your way up the chain of the business. This would make civi jobs actually competitive and not just make it a Crim vs legal faction job choice.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, HaminLord said:

It's no lie that civilian RP barely exists out of now and that the server is currently going downhill with its RP Quality and becoming a Cops vs Robbers.
I'm sure that almost all the players who played on this server for more than a month are aware of this, and (most of them) would like to see this change.

Whether if they're on the criminal, or cop side. It doesn't really matter, as I'm sure almost all of us can agree that the aspect of civilian RP is greatly lacked upon in the server.
In the server's current state, almost all players are forced into either the side of PD/MD/SADOC/City Hall or the criminal side of roleplay, by forming small gangs, joining the larger ones and etcetera.
There is also a small group which attempts to go legal and do the very small amount of Civilian Roleplay which is present, that is joining one of the 4 "Non-Gov" factions, them being LSC, Bayview, DCC, Weazel. 

While one might say that you can still RP as a law-abiding civilian by either being in one of these factions or simply cruising around and chilling out with friends, that sort of RP is not expanded on, and can get very repetitive in a very short time (e.g working at LSC, constantly being on duty on the ledge and eventually going off duty to buy a car, chill around or etc.).
I believe (and so do many people I have spoken with about this topic), that Civilian RP should be the temporary focus of the development and admin team, by promoting and expanding it as much as possible. As of now, this is being expanded in some way, from the different events which the event team has brought onto us (thank you @Serthon, really cool!) and different updates such as the adding of the City Hall faction and new salary system, promoting more roleplay between employees and their employers. The upcoming update which NBDY posted in #development as well showed coding always looks quite cool and fun, and I believe it will greatly help Civilian RP grow in those areas, groups of people going around in vans and off-road vehicles on hunting trips.

However, with that being said, I believe that even with all this recent growth with Civilian RP, it still lacks alot of content to help it achieve "mainstream" status, stuff such as extra jobs or general gameplay improvement (e.g an actual bank faction, further improvements into the City Hall faction, more businesses and assets to help quell down the massive inflation the economy on the server has been experiencing and etc.) can definitely help Civilian RP grow and expand. While I'm not saying Civilian RP is something that all criminals or PD do, I'm simply suggesting a new route in which a new, or old player on the server can choose. People roleplaying as a hunting company, a nightclub with constant parties, auction houses, and in general, more gameplay features, stuff like stocks for certain businesses, the ability to own general stores and etc.

This suggestion is not focused on one subject at all, yet I simply attempt to focus it on a general direction in which the server can (and even starting to go, with updates such as the new hunting update, gun licensing, and new mining job NBDY posted in discord), this can overall improve quality of RP as a whole in the server, and would lower the amount of "Hands up this is rob" or constant OOC hate between criminal roleplayers and government roleplayers (mainly PD). Not that I'm saying it is bad RP, as I myself used to do criminal RP for around 8 months, and is currently in PD for around 3 months. People can still go with their own respective routes, yet this sort of direction can open many more routes to new, old and returning players on ECRP. 

Finally, I'm not saying that development should be centered only on Civilian RP for a certain amount of time, as I still believe much other needed updates, such as criminal ones are required and wanted by most of the community. I simply wish for this to be the main focus of the development of ECRP, as it can greatly help its community and roleplaying standards as a whole. 

Yeah same tbh

• PogU 2

+1

I have mentioned several times that i miss the AI from base game, because they balanced the criminals out. Right now in a server of average 300 people, there will be 20 cops, 50 new players doing civ jobs, and 120 criminals... wtf? thats just not how it is in real life. But there is no incentive to do civilian jobs right now. We all tried it before we joined government factions, as they require certain amounts of XP to join, and to me it certainly felt like a grind, a temporary thing, not fun RP.

Actually dont remember any RP scenarios while i was a civilian. except robberies. /do yes :) 

• Upvote 1

+1

Expanding on jobs and activities for civ life would be fantastic. As it stands the options are very limiting and it for sure pushes the narrative that this is just a cops and robbers server. I personally would love to see a club like Bahama Mamas be put in a NCZ. Tequila-la is nice but the music is too loud to hear voip. The club scene makes for some really enjoyable rp at times. I would also love to see more racing events, car shows, and things that can bring people together. I look forward to the future on ECRP.

Edited by Faethedreamer

+1  it is getting repetitive lately , like the only good rp im getting is chilling at the bank all day waiting for something to happen, it is a hard task and i know it won't be fixed in a month , but would love to see more interest in civilian roleplay content.

55 minutes ago, TheCanadian said:

+1

I have seen a few suggestions being made regarding this subject such as 'tiers' of legal non-faction jobs I.e Delivering X amount of packages your pay would increase by X$ to help make them competitive to other jobs and also RP being a long time worker of that job and working your way up the chain of the business. This would make civi jobs actually competitive and not just make it a Crim vs legal faction job choice.

Dope post! I'm totally a fan of giving more allure to the Civilian life on the server as gangs are just a bit too populated and out of control most times. Really digging the idea of being able to work your way up in a Job achieving higher positions for better pay. Hope to see more cool idea bounced around this thread.

Cheers!

Of course, I am all for CivRP improvements. 

The one comment I would make, and slightly disagree with you on, is I would like to see any development and improvement in CivRP to be focused on forcing interactions between civilians and police. Simply giving more for civilians to do, although would it be nice, doesn't really improve the quality of RP on the server, if civilians live in this little bubble, grinding away at a paycheck, with no interaction with anyone else. 

Here are just a few ideas I think would be fun, help CivRP, and also get The "cops" and "robbers" more involved with civilians:

1) A system where civilians are able to identify any criminal they are robbed/attacked by for an hour or so. Meaning cops would have a greater chance of catching said criminal, if the civilian reported it properly. (so OOC, a tag would be over that criminals head, once reported properly)

2) ATM trucks able to be hijacked/robbed. With an automatic alarm that does not shut off until police chase it down, or you can make it to a chop shop. 

3) Civilians having greater access to guns, at least rifles (not ARs) and shotguns, that can then be sold to criminals, while also reducing access to import weapons. Forcing civilians to be an integral part of gun supply (and realistic, because Americans with permits can buy shotguns, pistols and rifles as much as they want)

4) The money laundering idea mentioned in another thread, with a way for civilians to be involved. 

5) Remove LSC/Bayview/Weazel/DCC completely from being considered a government faction. None of those things are gov. controlled in the US, or most other countries as well. This would open up opportunities for mechanics, cab drivers, and the news to play to a darker side. This already happens with some employees, but is a bit weird when a mechanic is asked where a chop shop is, but they are technically a gov faction, and should report it to the cops. 

5a) Mechanics can chop on the side (maybe at there house etc) for a reduced reward.

5b) Weazel can send fake news

5c) Cab drivers can help smuggle things in the trunk, known or unknown to them.

6) System to record license plates if close to a car for civilians. (with the camera angle its not always easy to see) This would have a similar icon given to all police if a proper report is files. I think this would make cops value citizen reports more, give some value to civilians caught in these situations, and increase the risk of crime against civilians.

7) To go along with the increased tools for civilians to report, a base amount of reward should be given if a crime against a civilian is pulled off. I would love to see robbing a civilian seen as a high-risk play, but you are rewarded well if you can do it. I think this would reduce the daily robberies by new players, but also increase the RP quality when it does happen.

😎 Lawyers and a courthouse...obviously.

9) Instead of fake labs and fake farmers at those lobs, require a civilian owner on hand at the farm to allow access, give markers, and supply chemicals. 

10) Ultimately, although I doubt it will ever happen in Eclipse, I would love to see most of the money go into the city via civilians, then an economy of robbing, bank heists, ATM truck hijacking, guns, drugs, and most crime payoffs are derived from the civilian population. This would create a three-way environment, Civilians who make the money, Criminals who try to harvest the money, and police trying to stop them. 

Edited by Jasmine
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3

+1 with.

Also if we want to improve civilian's RP. Prison time should be improved aswell in this case. As seems like 2 hours of prison is a joke for some people, so if it was improved to around 5-10 hours max time, it would make civilian's RP more common as people would be afraid to get in the prison.

Edited by Boonkgang
  • PogU 1
  • Upvote 1

+1 but I think more social aspect of the civilian rp should be focused.

1. As said above, there is not currently much to do as civilian, other than drive around, do jobs and talk to people. Recently there was a suggestion promoting pier as a civilian hotspot and it was very well received by the community, that should be implemented and it can already be done as NCZ are already a thing on the server. Server needs a big area that allows people to RP with each other but not be crowded.

2. Hunger/Thirst system, we have seen that being developed by Nobody on twitch, with idea that it won't hurt the player if they are not paying attention to the system, but if you do, you get slight boost ( health regen was one of the things I believe ). During my time on the server I have tried few times to RP going out for a dinner or a lunch, but because there was no such place to do so, it ended up just being a quick stop at a fast food place done with few /me's /do's. Having proper restaurants or night clubs and incentive to go there would improve the social RP greatly.

3. Night clubs. There have been few parties on Eclipse in Bahama Mamas and Vanilla Unicorn, but if there was more than 10 people there, it almost always ended up in a criminal shit fest. There should be a easy system for temporary NCZ ( where people can't kill each other and stuff, but are able to do drugs, because party )

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Boonkgang said:

+1 with.

Also if we want to improve civilian's RP. Prison time should be improved aswell in this case. As seems like 2 hours of prison is a joke for some people, so if it was improved to around 5-10 hours max time, it would make civilian's RP more common as people would be afraid to get in the prison.

Yes I highly agree with this. Its nothing to go sit in a jail and watch a youtube video until time ticks down. 

9 minutes ago, ixTooT said:

Just getting told to put your hands up straight away is a bit out of order in my eyes, I'm just a random guy fishing and then next minute I have no fish left, no fishing rod, for what exactly? 

LUL - When someone tries to rob me of fish I pull out the hand canon and shoot them right away. No time for this "hands up" fuckery. I value my life but cmon' it starts to become way too annoying and ridiculous that EVERYTIME a gun is pointed at me I MUST put my hands up. Yeah, fuck that.

6 minutes ago, ixTooT said:

Just getting told to put your hands up straight away is a bit out of order in my eyes, I'm just a random guy fishing and then next minute I have no fish left, no fishing rod, for what exactly? 

Robbing people for their farm or fish is really low tier criminal activity and totally unrealistic. Now with the updates for mining and hunting we're just going to have more bottom tier thugs taking people's ore and hides. When legal work becomes punishing then there are no options left besides go criminal or quit the game as legal faction work is limited in positions. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Synn_Trey said:

LUL - When someone tries to rob me of fish I pull out the hand canon and shoot them right away. No time for this "hands up" fuckery. I value my life but cmon' it starts to become way too annoying and ridiculous that EVERYTIME a gun is pointed at me I MUST put my hands up. Yeah, fuck that.

17 minutes ago, ixTooT said:

3 minutes ago, Faethedreamer said:

Robbing people for their farm or fish is really low tier criminal activity and totally unrealistic. Now with the updates for mining and hunting we're just going to have more bottom tier thugs taking people's ore and hides. When legal work becomes punishing then there are no options left besides go criminal or quit the game as legal faction work is limited in positions. 

This isn't a suggestion about how bad criminal RP can be, there are plenty of other topics for that on the forums. Please don't start a forum war about it, if you really wish. Create a separate discussion and post.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jasmine said:

5) Remove LSC/Bayview/Weazel/DCC completely from being considered a government faction. None of those things are gov. controlled in the US, or most other countries as well. This would open up opportunities for mechanics, cab drivers, and the news to play to a darker side. This already happens with some employees, but is a bit weird when a mechanic is asked where a chop shop is, but they are technically a gov faction, and should report it to the cops. 

5a) Mechanics can chop on the side (maybe at there house etc) for a reduced reward.

I don't see why we (Bayview) Should chop on the side, There is no reason for more criminals in the city, 
We think professionalism is very important. And do not need such shady bussiness anywhere near our company.

People should stop suggesting stuff for factions where they know nothing about. 
We are able to suggest stuff we actually want/need.

2 hours ago, HaminLord said:

This isn't a suggestion about how bad criminal RP can be, there are plenty of other topics for that on the forums. Please don't start a forum war about it, if you really wish. Create a separate discussion and post.

No wonder why people play and leave lol. Even support can't take the truth. This server will go no where and people will move onto other things. GG tho. Out.

25 minutes ago, Luke kuperus said:

I don't see why we (Bayview) Should chop on the side, There is no reason for more criminals in the city, 
We think professionalism is very important. And do not need such shady bussiness anywhere near our company.

People should stop suggesting stuff for factions where they know nothing about. 
We are able to suggest stuff we actually want/need.

You already have shady business in your company. 

And it is just an idea I threw out. No need to get mad about it. Just suggesting Civ factions would be a bit more interesting if their was an interaction between other factions outside of strictly doing that 1 job (taxi, mechanic, etc) and it would still be a choice of the civilian. If they didn't want to do it, no one is forcing them. 

And PS - I said the employees chop on the side, not Bayview. They have the skill and training to do it. Some of the best mechanics in the US work out of their home garages.

Edited by Jasmine

+1

I think most people do criminal activities because legal job is too boring/shitty pay. If somehow dev could add depth to each jobs, and make people grind to earn money, then I think civilian RP experience could be much better.

Saw NBDY's photo in #development, I think it would be a really good idea if truckers are the one who transport cars to each vehicle dealership. And vehicle dealership won't get any cars if there are no truckers to do the job. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.