Bistek

Money Laundering

Resultado de imagem para Money Laundry

If you ever played FiveM, there are plenty of servers that uses this method of economy I'll try to describe.

Everytime you gain money from an illegal practice/product (selling guns, gun parts, drugs, etc) instead of money you should get DIRTY MONEY.

You'd have to do MONEY LAUNDERING with Organised Crime families, such Mafias, Yakuzas, Chinese Triads and etc (not GANGS tho).

This could increase the roleplay around, making those who are interested in those activities to interact a lot more with each other to actually make profit and, also, distinguish gangs from organisations (Organisations tend to be a lot stricter than gangs on this, working basically with laundry and weapons deals, leaving drugs to freelancers and/or gangs)

Correct me if I'm wrong or if it already exists in here, this is coming from someone new here whos not a part of a gang nor faction...it's just a concept I've seen in some other places that actually worked pretty well and look cool as hell.

Edited by Bistek
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Absolute +1

I don't know why hasn't this gotten any attention so far. This would give perks to citizens as you won't have to worry about laundering your money. It solves the problem of cops vs robbers on the server. Criminal jobs won't be seen as an easy way to get money anymore, it will require effort, careful planning and RP. The way I think criminal jobs would work best is high risk-high reward. They could increase money intake but you have to work harder and risk more to actually get it. There should be a new category on the phone labeled "Dirty Money" which would basically be pocket money that can be stolen but not able to be put in your bank account, as you have to launder it first. It could be stored though (car, boxes, your house) which gives so many more options. I love the idea.

I know that this system is on FiveM, but I really like this idea tbh. If you steal some money from a cashier in real life, you can use the money right away. You don't have to do any money laundering. Money laundering is only done when it's in a lot higher numbers than just a few hundred or thousands. -1

17 minutes ago, ThePro said:

I know that this system is on FiveM, but I really like this idea tbh. If you steal some money from a cashier in real life, you can use the money right away. You don't have to do any money laundering. Money laundering is only done when it's in a lot higher numbers than just a few hundred or thousands. -1

You don't have to -1 the whole idea. It could be implemented while keeping true to what you said. For example, chopping cars and selling drugs could count as dirty money but robberies could be excluded from that. Also I believe every dollar has a serial number so if you robbed a store and used the money right away you would get tracked sooner or later, at least if you did it frequently or on a big scale. On that note, the money could start being counted as dirty after robbing like 3 stores within an hour, giving you the freedom to be a small time robber and the ability to use the money awithout laundering it since it's a small amount.

6 minutes ago, Noobfest said:

You don't have to -1 the whole idea. It could be implemented while keeping true to what you said. For example, chopping cars and selling drugs could count as dirty money but robberies could be excluded from that. Also I believe every dollar has a serial number so if you robbed a store and used the money right away you would get tracked sooner or later, at least if you did it frequently or on a big scale. On that note, the money could start being counted as dirty after robbing like 3 stores within an hour, giving you the freedom to be a small time robber and the ability to use the money awithout laundering it since it's a small amount.

If money robbed from stores won't be needed to be laundered then I am giving it a +1.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 2:59 PM, ThePro said:

If money robbed from stores won't be needed to be laundered then I am giving it a +1.

In this particular case, it wouldn't be dirty money. I never said robbing a store would give you dirty money, did I?

I meant money from illegal services, like drug/weapon smuggling, weapon selling, drug deals and such

Edited by Bistek

1 minute ago, Bistek said:

In this particular case, it wouldn't be dirty money.

I meant money from illegal services, like drug/weapon smuggling, weapon selling, drug deals and such

In that case, I am fine with it. On FiveM, if you rob a store it is counted as dirty money. That's why I was against at first.

Just now, ThePro said:

In that case, I am fine with it. On FiveM, if you rob a store it is counted as dirty money. That's why I was against at first.

Yeah, we all agree on that...hope seeing this IG.

It would definitely increase the roleplay level

If money from drug sales is considered money laundering, so should money from robbing stores. It's the same principle. While you could argue that no one would bother tracing money for a robbery, that's true, but people in this game rob six seven stores in a row, and they would most definitively trace money stolen by a robbing crew on a spree.

+1 to all money from illicit activities being dirty.

23 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

If money from drug sales is considered money laundering, so should money from robbing stores. It's the same principle. While you could argue that no one would bother tracing money for a robbery, that's true, but people in this game rob six seven stores in a row, and they would most definitively trace money stolen by a robbing crew on a spree.

Well, you got a strong point there...makes a lot of sense.

43 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

And that's why I proposed money from robbing stores start being counted as dirty money after someone robs 2-3 stores within an hour or like 12-15k within an hour

• Like 1

On 4/17/2019 at 11:22 PM, Bistek said:

Resultado de imagem para Money Laundry

If you ever played FiveM, there are plenty of servers that uses this method of economy I'll try to describe.

Everytime you gain money from an illegal practice/product (selling guns, gun parts, drugs, etc) instead of money you should get DIRTY MONEY.

You'd have to do MONEY LAUNDERING with Organised Crime families, such Mafias, Yakuzas, Chinese Triads and etc (not GANGS tho).

This could increase the roleplay around, making those who are interested in those activities to interact a lot more with each other to actually make profit and, also, distinguish gangs from organisations (Organisations tend to be a lot stricter than gangs on this, working basically with laundry and weapons deals, leaving drugs to freelancers and/or gangs)

Correct me if I'm wrong or if it already exists in here, this is coming from someone new here whos not a part of a gang nor faction...it's just a concept I've seen in some other places that actually worked pretty well and look cool as hell.

Yeah sure ,but care to explain in detail how it could actually be implemented to work?

+1 Great idea!  I think this would definitely increase roleplay for criminals as well as lead to more crime if the criminal on criminal variety. Perhaps giving a break to us poor civilians.

What if robbing a store had a % chance of being traced money that would set off alarms and possibly a warrant/bolo for the perpetrator?  Not sure how hard that would be to code, but it would add a little something to the RP environment.

I'm going to go ahead and revive this suggestion since I've come back upon it and am a YUGE supporter. Right now, money is spawned in and it's possible to immediately deposit this money into your bank account - this simply doesn't make sense. Having dirty money that has to be laundered in locations similar to drug labs (which could be controlled by large criminal organizations) would be perfect for this. If this dirty money is placed into bank accounts, which should be possible, I think that the LSPD's Investigations Bureau should have a way of tracking the money and catching the perpetrators.

1 hour ago, krooks365 said:

If we can track guns that are sold/given to other players through illegal manners it makes sense to also track funds that are gained in similar ways. At least from an RP standpoint. From a technical standpoint Idk how much of a headache this would be to implement. +1

Serial numbers are there for a reason.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.