fatboy3288

GANG WAR

I would like to suggest that we implement a new rule for Gangs. 

if 2 gangs are at ends with each other allow them to declare war. which will provide both gangs with KOS on each other. from an RP stand point this makes perfect and logical sense because in IRL 2 gangs at war will roll each other and do drive bys and kill each other on site all the time. heres the thing though in order to initiate a Gang war it has to be agreed up by both faction leaders. weather they go to the fourms (IC social media) and make it official or have a meet up in a safe place to make the declaration. once war has been agreed upon then if either gang spots the other outside of NCZ they are free to KOS each other. the war will end until one faction surrenders. once surrendering the KOS rule no longer applies and goes back to being the normal make demands if out numbered situation. i think this would add a bit of fun and allow some gangs to let off frustration with some of the bigger gangs if they are in a war with each other. with gang wars the NLR would still apply and you would not be able to return to the place of a shoot out. also while in a gang war both gangs will need to have a set outfit during the duration of the war to mark themselves as apart of the war. so matching outfits or what have you. if you dont want to participate in the Gang war then you dont were the predetermine gang outfit but you are also not allowed to join in on the KOS or the shoots if they happen. this would obliviously need to a honor system here cause people would just change their cloths and be like im not part of this but then show up and join a shoot out so leaders would need to hold their members accountable to make the RP of a gang war fun but fair for everyone involved. but thats the thing about gangs dont join one if you aint ready to fight for it.

this is also an idea but not apart of the main suggestion if you have allied gangs the whoever declared war that allied gang would need to temporarily join the waring faction and wear their colors for the duration of said war.

+1 I just feel like something along these lines needs to be well thought of, tested, and then put in place. It is still RP as there would need to be 1 or a number of RP scenarios that would get it to the point of gang war in the first place. I also I like the idea of both gang leaders making it official through the forum.

Honestly this sounds too messy and a lot like GTA online. If gang wars are something that people want, I'd prefer to see turfs reintroduced into the game. However only with admins approval can a turf war begin, if some RP happened beforehand to prepare for it. Too many people want to skip RP and head straight into the shooting part, which is not what most of us are here to do.

Unfortunately your suggestion doesn't give me the impression that a lot of RP would happen, just a lot of KOS. 

• Like 1

If you want this idea to work I would suggest that when someone dies in the turf war they are to be removed from the faction, as with past experiences of turf wars, being in the fights and also as a member of a non criminal faction, all that happens is factions go to endless war, even when they required reason for KOS, other then on waring turfs. Turfs either faction owned they could defend and would have kos in that area. 

As I said if you modified your suggestion so one a person died in the war they were no longer permitted to participate as they would have zero recolition of the war as it would be part of the ic story leading up to their death. Then I suspect you would likely do a lot better with your suggestion, but currently with what your outlining, every criminal faction would go to war so they can play GTA - Online with players as cops... who they would shoot endlessly. I agree with the above mentioned... this suggestion would offer no roleplay benefits. 

Some sort of official faction wars / attacks would certainly add an interesting new dynamic to gang roleplay on the server. If people really want this sort of things to be allowed, I think we need to have a dicussion on what the rules should be. @Jbacon has started us off nicely with what could happen during a war.

13 minutes ago, Jbacon said:

If you want this idea to work I would suggest that when someone dies in the turf war they are to be removed from the faction, as with past experiences of turf wars, being in the fights and also as a member of a non criminal faction, all that happens is factions go to endless war, even when they required reason for KOS, other then on waring turfs. Turfs either faction owned they could defend and would have kos in that area. 

As I said if you modified your suggestion so one a person died in the war they were no longer permitted to participate as they would have zero recolition of the war as it would be part of the ic story leading up to their death. Then I suspect you would likely do a lot better with your suggestion, but currently with what your outlining, every criminal faction would go to war so they can play GTA - Online with players as cops... who they would shoot endlessly. I agree with the above mentioned... this suggestion would offer no roleplay benefits. 

Killed members of the war (including allied faction members!) should be considered dead (PK'd) and cannot participate further in said war. That sounds fair to me.

Edited by Swifty

Not only for the whole GTA Online argument, and that it makes this complicated - other players, especially new ones, will think people are going around DM'ing people.  It causes too many issues.

Just roleplay like you are now, as you are supposed to.

2 hours ago, Jbacon said:

On no-pixel Arma we had gang war rules that worked. It couldn't be within city limits, could happen in a city outside city limits (think chumash) or the drug fields/processing labs. It is a one and done because if you go back after you did you're. Breaking NLR, you can't re-enter a scenario you were a part of and you can't return to the area for 15 or 30 minutes. This leaves it as a one and done situation and you just have to forget about it after. It isn't good in terms of roleplay in the moment but makes for good story over time. Maybe Zetas tax people at the drug fields but their rival gang felt like it was a strategic area so they have a little gang war. Zetas lose and lose control for a couple days or so on.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Marca said:

Honestly this sounds too messy and a lot like GTA online

Can people honestly stop saying it's like GTA Online, have you even played GTA Online? GTA online is a complete shambles, everyone it just killing everyone, no reason, no one has friends or gangs on there, there are people riding around in Tanks blowing shit up,people using army jets to kill people,  RPG's and grenades just shit blowing up right left and center, how can you honestly say people who are on this server who RP gangs, with other players they have met, who will engage in a gang war with an enemy gang that has started from a RP scenario in the first place, to go play GTA Online just because they want to be able to fight theyer rivel gang in a controlled area on the map, It's just Madness. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Marca said:

Honestly this sounds too messy and a lot like GTA online. If gang wars are something that people want, I'd prefer to see turfs reintroduced into the game. However only with admins approval can a turf war begin, if some RP happened beforehand to prepare for it. Too many people want to skip RP and head straight into the shooting part, which is not what most of us are here to do.

Unfortunately your suggestion doesn't give me the impression that a lot of RP would happen, just a lot of KOS. 

no i absolutely want to RP the shit out of it i think it would be really cool to RP up to leading into a gang war and have the leaders declare and have it happen it would mostly take place at the chop shops and drug labs were my thoughts keep it out of the city i really enjoy the RP aspect of things and think this would be cool plus like i said with as big as some ganags are it would allow a small advantage to the smaller groups being able to actively defend themselves as well as put up a fight against the bigger ones

12 hours ago, Jbacon said:

i agree with this. this would be a great way to make the War come to an end and have a victor also i think adding a CD timer at which a war can be declared after it has ended would keep it from being an ongoing issue

8 hours ago, Magz said:

Can people honestly stop saying it's like GTA Online, have you even played GTA Online? GTA online is a complete shambles, everyone it just killing everyone, no reason, no one has friends or gangs on there, there are people riding around in Tanks blowing shit up,people using army jets to kill people,  RPG's and grenades just shit blowing up right left and center, how can you honestly say people who are on this server who RP gangs, with other players they have met, who will engage in a gang war with an enemy gang that has started from a RP scenario in the first place, to go play GTA Online just because they want to be able to fight theyer rivel gang in a controlled area on the map, It's just Madness. 

+1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.