AtlasOLimbo

SAGOV Corruption & Overreach

9 minutes ago, Bala said:

ONE. The current leadership agrees to an OOC moderation of it's content, where the output either makes sense for a government-funded news outlet or they are willing to remove people that post inflammatory content which would have in-character consequences for the company.

TWO. Weazel News becomes a privately run news company in-character but is still funded OOCly by GOV, as they are now. Perhaps @Bakmeel 's group of multi-nationalist criminal book readers can be behind the purchase. Lewis gets himself a new helicopter for Shadows to use as target practice, Hermann can do his best Nigel Farage impersonation except instead of against immigrants, it's against law enforcement and this shit sort of makes a bit more sense. 

I don't like funding being part of this since it's basically just money spawned with infinity vehicles/weaponry/ anything with cost being available for any of the factions.

2 minutes ago, CalvinKlein said:

I don't like funding being part of this since it's basically just money spawned with infinity vehicles/weaponry/ anything with cost being available for any of the factions.

No different OOC than it is now.

5 minutes ago, Bala said:

Lewis is the best man for the job. He's the only head administrator that actually wants to do it as well, which limits the options.
Democracy works in real life but on here, we'd end up electing Ronnie Bathsheba or Luke Lennon. I love you Ronnie and praise Flarg, but that's not something we need to see.

Anyone that thinks otherwise should be cuffed to a hospital bed like Andy Tyrie was.

You're focusing on individuals rather than the structure, the problems lie with the structures imo, not Lewis himself on a personal level.

If an OLD SAMP server (that both Lewis, Clank, and I came from ) its def possible, and we can def do it better, Imma leave it at that for me.

read some of the points I wrote to clank highlighting old judicial system there and gov splitting etc (all IC events monitored and facilitated by FM)

i mean, i have opinions, but complaining OOCly isnt going to solve that. the vast majority of whats going on is IC and should remain IC. Weazel got hit back to back in a short time span with chat update and then this IC stuff with Gov. just gotta roll with the punches, ICly it sucks right now and it will have OOC repercussions for the time being till its solved ICly. but things move at a snails pace anyways for everything, complaining on the forums isnt gonna solve anything for us.

• NAY 1

1 minute ago, Demonmit1 said:

i mean, i have opinions, but complaining OOCly isnt going to solve that. the vast majority of whats going on is IC and should remain IC. Weazel got hit back to back in a short time span with chat update and then this IC stuff with Gov. just gotta roll with the punches, ICly it sucks right now and it will have OOC repercussions for the time being till its solved ICly. but things move at a snails pace anyways for everything, complaining on the forums isnt gonna solve anything for us.

This is a bad take. I love you and the RP you provide on your characters, but this is an OOC issue in my opinion as it has directly impacted both people's enjoyment of the server and lack thereof. This is the only place where opinions on the matter might be taken seriously.

Weazel news still have one vehicle right? If GOV wanted to they could have taken everything, they have given them the chance to continue the RP with the vehicle they have and maybe ICly get the other's vehicles back?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Just now, HobGoblin said:

Weazel news still have one vehicle right? If GOV wanted to they could have taken everything, they have given them the chance to continue the RP with the vehicle they have and maybe ICly get the other's vehicles back?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

They've been left with one vehicle, but the vehicles have been RPly shipped off to Gitmo or something similar, and they likely have no shot at getting them back anytime soon.

16 minutes ago, Bala said:

No different OOC than it is now.

This is nonsense. In a free society, state-sponsored media is typically given immunity. The BBC routinely posts negative content about British politicians, and the CBC is *constantly* shitting on the current head of government.

Your argument that they're being state-funded means they should be the equivalent of the PRC's state media is... unfounded.

5 minutes ago, Soupiestfork said:

This is nonsense. In a free society, state-sponsored media is typically given immunity. The BBC routinely posts negative content about British politicians, and the CBC is *constantly* shitting on the current head of government.

Your argument that they're being state-funded means they should be the equivalent of the PRC's state media is... unfounded.

But the server ICly is not a free society is what I feel like people are missing.. Its a dictatorship with some charm on the side.. Stop looking at it like the UK or US.

This is literally stated in the constitution.

FxqtIMA.png

Edited by Clank

2 minutes ago, Clank said:

But the server ICly is not a free society is what I feel like people are missing.. Its a dictatorship with some charm on the side.. Stop looking at it like the UK or US.

And my argument is that it should be. A dictatorship is not fun, besides for the people at the top, like I said previously.

8 minutes ago, AtlasOLimbo said:

And my argument is that it should be. A dictatorship is not fun, besides for the people at the top, like I said previously.

Thats what im saying gangster, we need to move these protests from the forums to in game so that actions can actually be taken. Like imagine if all the OG underground people came and started an IC revolution on the server. Now that is an RP opportunity!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Clank said:

Thats what im saying gangster, we need to move these protests from the forums to in game so that actions can actually be taken. Like imagine if all the OG underground people came and started an IC revolution on the server. Now that is an RP opportunity!

Ahah. Nearly any event/altRP we tried to co-ordinate with FM either got ignored or given a flat out no. That's what caused the OG leader to leave. We tried, and tried, and tried. And got nowhere. We had our fun.

Edited by AtlasOLimbo
misspell

1 minute ago, Clank said:

time for an IC Underground revolution, tell your friends.

2 minutes ago, Clank said:

This is, in practise, impossible. 😕

2 minutes ago, AtlasOLimbo said:

Ahah. Nearly any event/altRP we tried to co-ordinate with LFM either got ignored or given a flat out no. That's what caused the OG leader to leave. We tried, and tried, and tried. And got nowhere. We had our fun.

i think you're getting off-topic and your view of what the underground was capable of (with or without LFM help) dramatically differs from many others, but i digress. let's focus on the topic at hand, which is putting this energy into an IC movement, because change isn't easy, but it's certainly possible. 

Edited by idgafashlee
  • Confused 1

Just now, idgafashlee said:

i think you're getting off-topic and your view of the underground dramatically differs from many others, but i digress. let's focus on the topic at hand, which is putting this energy into an IC movement, because change isn't easy, but it's certainly possible. 

My view of the underground is the same as the person who led it for years? 💀

1 minute ago, AtlasOLimbo said:

ilxqpdL.png
For context, from the UG leader.

crazy how you're always speaking on behalf of others whom are exceedingly capable of voicing their own opinions. i'm sure mel is delighted you're bringing her views into an unrelated forum topic. 
Weasel says they're capable of dealing with things ICLY. The majority of Underground started a new group and have been thriving despite the disband. If you're so bothered about SAGOV, do something about it ICLY. FM doesn't owe anyone anything, we shouldn't act entitled, anyone can create phenomenal RP without altRP and staff support. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, idgafashlee said:

Weasel says they're capable of dealing with things ICLY. 

Idk if anyone else commented, but I very much do not speak on the behalf of Weazel. I'm just one dude speaking for myself from my perspective.