hrxvey

Gunshot Mods

My suggestion is to re-allow gunshot mods, this is because the main reason they were complained about so much in the first place was because of how hard/rare it was to come across a silencer. With the introduction of the gun update, silencers are now very accessible meaning that the gunshot mods are now less "meta". I think they add to both immersion and it allows you to customise your game just that bit more in a way that you like. 

https://streamable.com/ij7v2y

Edited by hrxvey
  • Like 1
  • YAY 1
  • Upvote 5

+1 I always loved the gunshot mods and never had a problem with them. Yes they are louder but most people have suppressors as Harvey said. They just sound so much more immersive and just make it a bit more enjoyable in gun fight situations. The fact they are disallowed but NVE is allowed makes no sense. It literally makes you be able to see through bushes that on vanilla, you cannot see through.

Edited by Fancyme
  • YAY 1

The reason they're disallowed, as far as I'm aware, is because players who have the mods, are on a different playing level than those without as the distance in which gunshots are registered is increased when you are using the mods. It's not an issue of "volume", its hearing shots versus not hearing shots.

The mods should be server-side if added back, not handled client side imo

• dead 1

7 minutes ago, Kjaer said:

The reason they're disallowed, as far as I'm aware, is because players who have the mods, are on a different playing level than those without as the distance in which gunshots are registered is increased when you are using the mods. It's not an issue of "volume", its hearing shots versus not hearing shots.

The mods should be server-side if added back, not handled client side imo

they don't increase range, just make it louder. gunshot mods don't take a toll on performance either as you are just swapping out a few audio files. every player will be able to use it

I'm not going to upvote or down vote but I personally really like gun sound mods as it makes the game feel more... just more. Being able to have realistic sounding weapons is really nice but I also see the downsides too. Personally I would like to use them. 

• Like 1

+1, I've always been a gunshot mod advocate. They do not increase the range of audible gunshots and never have, that's pretty much determined by streaming distance and not really able to be increased by much if anything, certainly not by just replacing a few sound files. They do increase the volume in most cases, making them easier to hear, sure.

The same "advantage" can be achieved by upping your game volume.

I'm +1ing this as well

Gunshot mods do not make it easier to hear, if anytbing, they make it harder to hear.

Silenced shots with RGS were exactly that, Silent. Without RGS, you still can hear silenced shots.

The argument of them being distinct was in my opinion, not something that held true, sure for perhaps the first week you tend to notice it more, but ANY trained ear on GTA knows by heart what each gun sounds like anyway.

Why not just let us have higher sound effect fidelty instead of just having the nasty thumping sounds the guns make already.

+1 Gunshot mods bring another level of emersion for RP, We use visual mods to make the came look better we should be able to use some sound mods for guns as well

there are some amazing ones out there that like other people have stated will not grant anyone an advantage! 

@hrxvey maybe you can link a vid of the ones you mean so others and hear what your speaking about

Edited by Smoke1

+1

I agree, but it would be preferable if there was an "official server" modpack that is the one that everyone uses etc.

Or just let it be free reign, gunshot sounds are not advantages at all in my eyes. Standard game sounds I can hear gunshots from miles away anyhow?

I agree that gun sounds would honestly make the game more immersive and fun. I think that it would be better though if we had a server wide poll on a few different options that would be easier to install on the server. Players should also have the option to disable the sounds with a command, similar to the blood effects. 

• Like 1

Sound mods should always be a thing. The advantage you receive (if any) is so negligible. You could make the same argument about people using NVE or other visual mods to result in more game clarity etc. My monitor is naturally dark, should I cry when another player can see me cause their screen is brighter? I could easily turn up my brightness setting on my monitor - same way any person can download a sound pack.

Its 2024, the fact sound packs are disallowed is clinically insane. If you disagree well then what can I say other than cry is free.

Edited by Clank
  • Like 2
  • YAY 1
  • dead 1

19 minutes ago, Fancyme said:

NVE literally makes bushes and bush bubbles smaller but no one takes about that.

People do talk about that. Using the NVE vegetation dlcpack that does this is not allowed. But that's off topic here, really.

Hello,

This suggestion has been brought forward to the Senior & Head team and we will be actively discussing this over the next few days.

I will be keeping this suggestion open (but locked) and in the according section for the sake of it being considered "an ongoing suggestion" and a response will be posted once the discussion regarding the change has concluded within the Senior & Head team.

Keep it a hunnit, 
LOAnger

• PogU 1
  • yooo 2