TheCanadian

Criminals fleeing to NCZ after committing a crime

Suggestion: Allow those who were the victims of a very recent heavy crime to kill their offender in a NCZ.

Explanation: I see this happen on a daily basis; one person robs another and they realized after the fact they fucked up, either the guy they robbed chases after them or calls for backup and then they are on a mission to kill the guy who fucked with them, and what happens? They flee to the bank, tequilala, MD, etc. All areas which are covered in cameras and the RP just stops right there, dead in its tracks because of the invisible barrier. I know killing them would be against the law but i strongly think it shouldn't be against the rules.

How it would work: If you are actively chasing those who recently robbed or committed a heavy crime against you or one of your friends (that you witnessed as per the KOS rules) and they run inside a NCZ, you are allowed to kill them. This would not work with roles flipped however, victims of a crime may still run to the NCZ to seek protection from those committing the crime as this is proper RP and fairly realistic.

What wouldn't be allowed: You would not be allowed to do most of the things currently against the rules in the NCZs such as executing your KOS on someone from 23hours ago or kill cops arresting your friends. I also wouldn't be against the idea of making PD an exception to this suggestion depending on how many cops are in or around it.

In practice: I believe if this is implemented that it would add a substantial amount of RP to the server which previously just stopped because the offender ran into the NCZ. I played on an Arma3 altis life server which did not originally have this exemption to the NCZ. Once it was added those who committed crimes would no longer run to the magical safety barrier, they would have to try and lose the tail, come up with a plan with their fellow gang/faction members on how to deal with the situation at hand or just accept that they screwed with the wrong people and surrender with hopes to keep their life. This will have the opposite effect that some of you might be thinking, it wouldn't add a a lot of fights to the NCZ, but rather remove the incentive for people to run to them as cover.

To clarify: The purpose of this thread is for crimes committed from one player to another, not having to do with hitting stores or making drugs. I am aware that this can be considered Non-RP if someone commits a crime then runs inside a NCZ for protection, but i cannot be bothered to make 5 reports every day for each time i see this and i also doubt admins want to filter through all reports related to this issue. So i am proposing a change to the rules to remove the need of reports related to this and add more RP to the server.

• Like 3
  • PogU 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, MusketDeezNuts said:

Those places are suppose to be heavly guarded by CCTV and Armed security.

What would you suggest then to combat this very common issue? This behavior ruins a lot of RP encounters. Making a report for each time this happens would start to show people that it is in fact non-rp but with the frequency at which this happens, most people just dont bother reporting it and i dont blame them. Leaving it as it is would do nothing to intervene with the issue while its happening and it wouldn't add RP to the server, it in fact removes it. I do not like that people do this just to avoid confrontation after they realize their actions have consequences.

Edit:removed the ncz paragraph as if we go into the actual RP of them we can go down a slippery slope.

Edited by TheCanadian

If you are letting your victim(s) escape to a NCZ then maybe you didn't plan your robbery/attack very well. If the tables turn and the original attacker is being chased by his victim(s) then it sounds like they can't handle a taste of their own medicine.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ChuckM said:

If you are letting your victim(s) escape to a NCZ then maybe you didn't plan your robbery/attack very well. If the tables turn and the original attacker is being chased by his victim(s) then it sounds like they can't handle a taste of their own medicine.

Yes, -1.

I don't see why criminals should hide in NCZ's. Like mentioned by others, a NCZ is RP'ed being a heavily guarded area, so a place a criminal after a crime should avoid.
Now dont mind me if I am warong (as I don't play criminal anymore), but criminals actually hide in NCZ's? As I would think that is failRP considering its guarded..... 

2 hours ago, MusketDeezNuts said:

Those places are suppose to be heavly guarded by CCTV and Armed security.

Alot of assasinations of presidents happened infront of city halls for example but here that will never be possible , just one of the examples 😕 I think NCZ create too much safety in the city since there is too many of them inside it ( 7 if my counting is good ) so almost always you will be able to reach one or sit in it and wait ... I've had a situation happen where a guy was basicly " NCZ Baiting " as in standing in front of bank because he knew I had KOS and laugh about it in /b ... It's quite frustrating in situations like that where people abuse the fact that they are protected like a polar bear and just use it to mock you and 10 other people that are standing there and waiting for them to leave.. I've personally spent 3h that day waiting for a guy to leave and oh boy it felt good after he ended up shot but at the same time I don't think I will ever spend 3 irl hours again waiting for someone to move ... 

19 minutes ago, ChuckM said:

If the tables turn and the original attacker is being chased by his victim(s) then it sounds like they can't handle a taste of their own medicine.

Exactly, which is why they run into the NCZ... to avoid the confrontation which their action (the robbery/attack) provoked once the tables have turned. I might be misunderstanding what you are saying but i don't see how what you said can be accompanied by a -1, would you mind elaborating? 

Edited by TheCanadian

17 minutes ago, Gangula said:

I've personally spent 3h that day waiting for a guy to leave and oh boy it felt good after he ended up shot but at the same time I don't think I will ever spend 3 irl hours again waiting for someone to move ... 

You would cover your plates, wear a mask. make yourself as unidentifiable as possible and then proceed with the kill in broad daylight. CCTVs and minimum wage bouncers or guards with a pistol wont stop 5 guys rolling up to clap a guy who fucked with them.

I also know exactly what you're talking about, guys in their cars or bikes going back and forth across the street inching one way and the other of the NCZ talking shit while doing it because the invisible barrier says nothing can happen to them while hes in it despite killing 2 people down the street and their friends witnessing it... but nope, since he ran in the magic square he is now safe!

Edited by TheCanadian

14 minutes ago, TheCanadian said:

Exactly, which is why they run into the NCZ... to avoid the confrontation which their action (the robbery/attack) provoked once the tables have turned. I might be misunderstanding what you are saying but i don't see how what you said can be accompanied by a -1, would you mind elaborating? 

A criminal who is robbing people, in my opinion, shouldn't be a coward and hide in a NCZ. People who consistently do this are not providing high level/quality RP. Just because you can hide in a NCZ doesn't mean you should. I could just run and gun & "hands up this is rob" all day long and completely play within the rules, but would be providing low level RP. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ChuckM said:

A criminal who is robbing people, in my opinion, shouldn't be a coward and hide in a NCZ. People who consistently do this are not providing high level/quality RP. Just because you can hide in a NCZ doesn't mean you should.

Right, so why the -1? I'm confused as all of what you say seems to support and give examples as to why this should be implemented. Or are you saying with your example of 'hands up this is rob' that these are both examples of providing very poor levels of RP but these should remain as they are and players should be allowed to do them both without repercussions?

3 minutes ago, TheCanadian said:

Right, so why the -1? I'm confused as all of what you say seems to support and give examples as to why this should be implemented. Or are you saying with your example of 'hands up this is rob' that these are both examples of providing very poor levels of RP but these should remain as they are and players should be allowed to do them both without repercussions?

I think its NonRP for anyone to think they can roll up to a heavily guarded area and try to murder someone. I'm simply saying the burden for better RP is on the players not the devs/staff to change the rules to allow for a revenge kill in a NCZ. 

5 minutes ago, ChuckM said:

I'm simply saying the burden for better RP is on the players not the devs/staff to change the rules to allow for a revenge kill in a NCZ. 

I can understand this point of view. Thank you for taking the time to further explain your point of view, I appreciate it.

That is exactly the point of a No Crime Zone. If I were to be a thief, and I pickpocket this one dude with a fancy watch, then I find out hes in a gang, and he's coming up to me, what am I gonna do? Run to the bank or police station, and chill there until he gets tired and leaves.

It would be highly unrealistic for you to give him permission to shoot up the police station just cause I robbed him, which was one of your examples.

I agree with Chuck also, if his/her organization is so powerful, surely they can stop someone from reaching the NCZ, because realistically the other side isn't going to be there 24/7 either. 

Edited by Darnell

12 hours ago, ChuckM said:

-1  Also,  I would echo what Chuck said and I would like to add by how being in a NCZ can extend an RP situation by allowing people to talk etc or at least interact without shooting . Some people just dont have the self restraint or maturity to be able to calm down and the NCZ lets that happen. 

2 hours ago, Darnell said:

It would be highly unrealistic for you to give him permission to shoot up the police station just cause I robbed him, which was one of your examples.

My example was to make the police station an exception to this suggestion for obvious reasons; because it's the police HQ.

2 hours ago, Phil McGee said:

-1  Also,  I would echo what Chuck said and I would like to add by how being in a NCZ can extend an RP situation by allowing people to talk etc or at least interact without shooting . Some people just dont have the self restraint or maturity to be able to calm down and the NCZ lets that happen. 

All that really happens 98% of the time is a bunch of shit talking before the guys get bored and leave, or the one being chased logs off or leaves the ncz (and usually gets clapped 1 block from it).

Edited by TheCanadian

13 minutes ago, TheCanadian said:

My example was to make the police station an exception to this suggestion for obvious reasons; because it's the police HQ.

Same would be true at the bank, airport, and so on. The only place I could maybe, maybe, see someone killing someone that they really want to kill is the hospital or Tequila-la, but even that would realistically have a very fast police response.

But Tequila-la would be an entirely different story because of the on-hand cash people have there.

Edited by Darnell