Donovan

Voice Changers

I do not know if it is just me but I feel like seeing a female character and then hearing a voice changer on voip just makes me want to vomit , I understand that people want to immerse themselfs as females when they are males , I understand that there are folks who got " Gender Dysphoria " but honestly it just ruins the game and the immersion on so many levels ... Atleast in my oppinion if you are a guy and you really want to make a female character and play it , just don't use voice changers it just makes it awkward and also most of the time you cannot even understand what the person is saying because of the echo and the transformation of the voice because of the voice changer... Maybe it's just me , maybe not that's why I decided to make this topic , because honestly I do not have anything against people with Gender Dysphoria or Trans people irl , but it just creeps me out to see someone who is that desperate to be a " female " ingame that he uses a voice changer to do so ...

Personal oppinion is that Voice Changers should be forbidden.

Edited by Gangula

1 hour ago, Com783 said:

Not using a voice changer anymore, for good reason, haha. Hm... forbidden... would be a bit too restrictive, just tell the person perhaps, to adjust it kindly?

I miss your voice 😞

Back to the topic: Personally just using chat works for me. Actually, I prefer using chat most of the time. It also forces me to use more /me's and /do's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KeistuoliZ said:

It really bothers me when i see female and it is actually male just using female character, i just want to kill her 😄 Sometimes you flirt with a girl using chat and later you realise that is just male using female 😄 

And taking that in-character would be fail RP and/or metagaming.

This kind of attitude is why people resort to voice changers. If someone is roleplaying a female character, and you decide to flirt with her, you're flirting with the character, not the person behind the screen, so it shouldn't matter if it's a guy or a girl.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Darnell said:

This kind of attitude is why people resort to voice changers. If someone is roleplaying a female character, and you decide to flirt with her, you're flirting with the character, not the person behind the screen, so it shouldn't matter if it's a guy or a girl.

Technically VOIP is IC only , so if you were to hear a mans voice you would know its a transgender or smth like that and back off same way you'd do in real life if you were to meet a girl and she responds with a manly voice or lifts her skirt and a dick pops up , I mean unless you are into that ... 

28 minutes ago, Gangula said:

Technically VOIP is IC only , so if you were to hear a mans voice you would know its a transgender or smth like that and back off same way you'd do in real life if you were to meet a girl and she responds with a manly voice or lifts her skirt and a dick pops up , I mean unless you are into that ... 

VOIP is In-Character, however people have no control over how their voice sounds, and it would most definitively be failRP for you to take that in-character. Unless the person is actually roleplaying transgender, him having a male voice should not be taken in-character.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Darnell said:

yes i know that, but still i wouldn't do that anyways 😄

ya'll really gonna make a thread about this?? if someone wants to rp a girl they can rp a girl. voice changer actually makes it BETTER.

nothing like erping and then a man starts moaning over the mic amirite

kidding but for real, useless thread. get over it

Edited by JasonG
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, gohena said:

only men should rp men and women women, i dont know thats just me though.

rather bigoted of you but, so long as you're aware, knock your socks off with that bub.

Female speaking in a mans voice on a character that is not a transgender is equally weird but, ya know what, this is RP.  RP a little.  In the same way that we don't meta someone being the same as their other character because they have the exact same voice, you cannot meta a female not being a female IC because of VOIP unless it is found out otherwise.  If people want to use voice changers to make just a bit more realistic, hats off to them.  Limiting a man to play a man and a woman to play a woman is not only restriction of an RP that does not harm the server, but it also brings up current socio-political issues.  As seen above.

In conclusion, you're a big boy, 

41 minutes ago, Taedolf said:

rather bigoted of you but, so long as you're aware, knock your socks off with that bub.

Female speaking in a mans voice on a character that is not a transgender is equally weird but, ya know what, this is RP.  RP a little.  In the same way that we don't meta someone being the same as their other character because they have the exact same voice, you cannot meta a female not being a female IC because of VOIP unless it is found out otherwise.  If people want to use voice changers to make just a bit more realistic, hats off to them.  Limiting a man to play a man and a woman to play a woman is not only restriction of an RP that does not harm the server, but it also brings up current socio-political issues.  As seen above.

In conclusion, you're a big boy, 

i know a lot of guys on the server who are friend who have been tricked by traps i don't mind it as long as they disclose it oocly first, i literally had a friend rping with a person who was a girl icly and pretending to be one oocly aswell. that is where the issue is, i don't mind it as long and they disclose it oocly first. Personally i don't want to be rping with a female character knowing it's a man that's just fucking hella wierd.

Just now, gohena said:

i know a lot of guys on the server who are friend who have been tricked by traps i don't mind it as long as they disclose it oocly first, i literally had a friend rping with a person who was a girl icly and pretending to be one oocly aswell. that is where the issue is, i don't mind it as long and they disclose it oocly first. Personally i don't want to be rping with a female character knowing it's a man that's just fucking hella wierd.

Perhaps that's why they don't disclose it OOCly, because of people like you that would then refuse to RP with them?  If you're worried about later ERPing with one and it actually being a man, I would advise abiding by the golden rule of the internet.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2019 at 2:01 AM, MusketDeezNuts said:

Voice changers are fine as long as its realistic. If the voice is not good enough. Dont use it. I got a voice changer that costs 110 euro every month. Its something they use in movies. You will be unable to know if im a guy if I choose to use it in eclipse.

RIP money o.o