Vasquez

Paintball

Truth be told, I suck I ain't good at shooting.
Which is why it would be cool to have a Paintball arena.

Adding a paintball arena gives player the opportunity to train their shooting, have a friendly duel or host competitions to see who's the quickest gun ( Without having to actually die and lose your stuff )
Keeping it simple, I'd like to offer some suggestions on the parameters that should be included.

- Private (PW protected) / Public match option
- Team Deathmatch / Free for all
- Timer ( up to 15 minutes )
- Weapons ( Every gun available on the server, melee or firearm )
- Maps ( Preferably small maps/closed locations & interiors)
- Entry Fee ( Whoever gets most kill after the round is completed, receives the entry fee from all other players that participated )

I remember having a paintball arena back on SAMP, and a lot of people enjoyed it.
So I think you guys would enjoy it as well.

• Like 2

Why not make it like business owned by player/players group that gets some part of the fee. Let them pay for the place which would be the structure or area enclosed in fencing and allow people to either rent it and when they want to do something they can host bigger events and attract investors. Also supervise it so the player owning the place isn't too inactive maybe up to 20 - 30 days without any bigger events would cause the property to be auctioned. Don't make it just another script. Spice it up a bit. And in this way it will fit in to the server perfectly since things do exist and it's just a way of entertainment.

Not sure what would be a good place/location... It has to make sense and it should not become a minigame thing... 

I've not seen something like this in servers before, so I can't really tell how it would be, but I am afraid it will not be that realistic since real guns will be used and nothing in GTA itself supports it... 

Like mentioned earlier, personally I have the feeling it will become a minigame on the server, so people will join just to play paintball...

Edited by Yputi

At the start, I don't think it even needs to be super complicated, just a paintball gun or laser tag system that allows you to shoot at others that would mark them without damaging them. Arena's and competitions can be created or managed anywhere and doesn't need to be scripted.

On 1/7/2019 at 10:26 AM, Yputi said:

Not sure what would be a good place/location... It has to make sense and it should not become a minigame thing... 

I've not seen something like this in servers before, so I can't really tell how it would be, but I am afraid it will not be that realistic since real guns will be used and nothing in GTA itself supports it... 

Like mentioned earlier, personally I have the feeling it will become a minigame on the server, so people will join just to play paintball...

Cmon noone would just join for a minigame to this server, but if they know how to rp it's win/win situation. If they don't you really think they would chose some mini game server rather than just log into dm server?

I think this has been suggested multiple times before, and I am all for it. Obivously some thought would have to go into it. 

(1) I agree, It should be a buyable business type where multiple could be owned and the owners can set how the business is ran. 

(2) Prices should be set by Server Management to avoid unrealistic and stupid prices. 

(3) Weapons should be set by high command also. We shouldnt be able to use guns that we cant already obtain in RP ways in game.

I want this.

+1

• Like 1

+1

But as a paintball player, id like to it actually like paintball and not just people running around shooting each other, respawning and going back at it. To me, that’s laser tag and/or some Call of Duty crap. You don’t learn anything there.

Should be a semi only gun, 1 shot kill and team based. Round is over when everyone is out, multiple rounds per match. 

Location would be easy. Plenty of empty, unused warehouses on the map. Just open it up for a speedball field and boom. Done. Having a few field set ups to choose from would be fun as well, but I would be happy to just have the game in game. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.