verydoge12

24 hour KOS time should be increased

24h KOS Rule  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should the time be increased?

7.4 Kill on sight

7.4.1 Kill on sight (KoS) is the act of killing a player with no engagement in roleplay.

7.4.2 A player is allowed to KoS someone, only for specific reasons, that are not older than 24 real world hours, and if the
new life rule is followed.

7.4.3 KoS is allowed for these specific reasons:
• Your life was threatened in the past (ex.: in a robbery, a combat situation or a hostage situation);
• The life of your friend or ally is threatened at the present or if you have witnessed it happen in the past;
• There is an attempt to steal your valuables, or those of your group, if the value of theft is not less than $75.000
(this point excludes vehicles);

The 24 hour KOS rule should be increased, to 48h maybe even up to week 

Reasons :

1. It makes no sense to get shot by someone and finding them 25 hours later not being able to shoot back, if the time is increased it would happen a lot less often.

2. 24h is simply not enough time, it requires both of the parties to be online at the same time and find each other on a huge map.

Edited by verydoge12
  • Upvote 2

you gotta have in mind that this server is not meant to be a PVP server where people go after each other and kill each other, although with that in mind i do agree that it is not reasonable to have a limited time in order to revenge someone.

• Like 1

-1 24 hours already seems like more than enough time, people would just be getting killed for scenarios they don't even remember. People already try to game KOS by attempting to get it over small things so they can come and kill someone unprepared later, so having that be possible for even longer sounds like a bad idea. It's not as if you just can't attack or kill an enemy after it's been 24 hours, there just has to be some roleplay beforehand, which shouldn't be an issue seeing as how this is a roleplay server. 

This is a very double sided issue. If someone gets KOS om me then they Will most likely fail as i dont play everyday due to real life coming first. Meaning his "earned" KOS goes to waste becuse i didnt play that Day. For those moments i think it should be 48 hours. 

But 

Then we have the players that play everyday all Day. That gets killed 100 times a Day from people Who attempts to play a gta online minigame where the goal is to get as many kills possible while still balanceing on the servers rules. For them. Having like 3 or So KOS'S on them a Day for defending them self from an attack or something. Is annoying and ofcourse they want to not be needing to play the game with a tinfoil hat on all the time. Making 24 hours long enough. 

But personally i would like to have the kos rule reworked. To 100% clearify what gives kos and what dosnt give it. To lower the amount of /b fights that happend before the way to common "i got you on video, see you on the forums" 

Edited by inorigj
  • Upvote 1