Purely

Medical Events - RP Enhancer

Disclaimer

I do not have any idea how to code games or how to implement things into video games, so I'll get through my ideas and then you can tell me how difficult it would be in the comments I guess...

Idea

I think it would be pretty interesting to have an optional system where you have a chance of getting an infection/disease/illness via a modifier script, and allowing the LSEMS faction to cure you.

Pros and Cons

Pros;

- More roleplay with your character being affected by your infection/disease/illness, including random and entertaining moments where the script forces you into a state similar to the effect of taking too many painkillers, sudden 'drunk-effect' driving, and many more with somewhat realistic effects depending on the likely symptoms. 

- More AND higher quality roleplay between you and the LSEMS faction.

- More internal RP for LSEMS, their doctors will be able to do IC research into diseases and such.

Cons;

- There may not be faction members present that are able to assist with the treatment of the medical condition.

How it would work

Essentially, there would a new marker at Pillbox, similar to that at the DMV, which will allow you to select 'Give yourself a medical condition.' (wording can change lol) Which when selected will prompt you to 'Confirm.' at which point you'll receive a notification on the top middle of your screen telling you that "You are now suffering from (Insert Condition)." with no other immediate effects. Although in real life people can have multiple conditions at once, I think for the sake of this, you'll be prevented from using it until you have been cured of your current.

At random intervals, I suggest much longer than that of the 'Overdose on Painkiller' one, events will begin to occur, causing your character pain, discomfort, fainting, dizziness etc. You can roleplay these as much as you like and either live with them, as for a terminally ill elderly person for example, or you can seek treatment. The effects shouldn't be so common as to bug and annoy players, but much rather to remind them that they have a condition. Potentially an escalating timeline so the events happen more and more as time passes, but I assume that takes a lot more coding, so maybe one event every hour or so of playtime? 

Treatment of your condition can be done using LSEMS' faction commands. Firstly, the whole point of this suggestion is to bring additional RP, so, the doctor will rply take a list of symptoms and such and run tests, after adequate roleplay the LSEMS faction member will be able to use the command /checksymptoms or /analysesymptoms or something along those lines, this will work in a similar way to the drug test script, giving the doctor a notification of "Nothing of interest was found." or "'ID' has tested positive for (Insert Condition)." At which point, they can begin RP for treatment. Of course some treatments in real life can take hours, days and even week, this will be down to both parties to decide how 'like-for-like' they want to go. I would suggest that as long as appropriate roleplay is done, the wait time can be ignored as this is a video game lol. Once treatment RP, whatever it may have been, is completed the doctor can use either a new '/Cure' command, or added under the '/Heal' command on your character, this well then give a prompt of "'ID' has cured you." or something along those lines, hence a new command would be ideal, this will remove all modifiers from the script and you no longer have a medical condition. 

Summary

I believe this could be a lot of fun for the person using the script, allowing a different side of RP to be explored. I think that LSEMS will benefit from added interactions, and more roleplay. I think it would be something different that people can explore in Eclipse and being optional allows people to not be forced to contribute.

Additionally, having a script like this added to the server will potentially lay a foundation for future ideas, for example, 'Outbreak RP'/'Pandemic RP', with the illness effects and /cure commands, a new and different genre could be explored. 

Thank you for reading 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • dead 1

+1

I'd love for this to be a feature if and when the LSEMS faction grows to the point where the server is never struggling for medics to be online to prevent people from dying. Passive Doctor RP has always been really interesting to me, especially back when I was in MD a few years ago, however it never really took off exactly how we wanted due to the lack of medics on duty at the time doing the basic job of saving lives.

• Like 1

I would 100% be down if we could go as far as ACTUALLY getting sick and maybe even some sicknesses being transmittable via distance of the player (aka LIKE RIGHT NEXT TO THEM) the longer you stand next to them the more likely you are to also catch it.

Imagine ECRP covid, obviously I wish you could OPT in to catching diseases or opt out if its too annoying for you, but like your character could drop a /me sneezes or /me coughs in random automatic intervals and people would RP you as an actual sick person, but I mean this could all be done without script support.

I TRY SO HARD to give MD rp but like its either autohotkey responses or just no one showing up so I get trunked =(  

• Like 1

really think this would be a great idea to implement, but sadly I don't think it will work.

RIGHT NOW, EMS RP isn't the absolute best from what I've experienced. Now I will say I've had countless great interactions with members of EMS but I've seen plenty of times where they just run up, hit their AHK and just treat you which kinda ruins the experience when I see every medic with the same AHK. 

I personally think this could be amazing if it didn't turn into a mass AHK simulator where you show up to Pillbox or whatever, a medic hits their AHK it spits out a bunch of text then enters a command to fix you. 

COUNTER-SUGGESTION

A suggestion I've heard lots of people talk about it whether it's through TS or just conversations in general is if someone from MD or someone from the server released an MD "RP Guide", that describes some common situations that happen and potential injuries and how to RP them. I know this would be an absolute pain in the ass, but I think it could help people better RP injuries for everyone to get more immerse RP. 

Right now, for the most part, 90% of the injuries I ever see or RP is a "Black Eye" if I get punched and injured or a Gunshot wound. I just think if an RP guide was released to help everyone learn more potential injuries they could RP it gives MD more RP then "Oh you got a black eye here take this magic ice pack and go fuck off" or "Oh he's shot, alright lemme just take this band-aid and put it over it and poof you're big chilling now" ( Obviously they put more effort and go more in-depth just me making a little joke ).

That's all I gotta say, I think medic RP is good but it'd be nice to see a guide that could help people learn how to properly RP some injuries. Now I shall leave you with a tiktok that shows how gunshot wounds are treated on ECRP

This would be fun however I don't see script support for this necessary. If anything involving script would just complicate the simple method that people can do to RP illnesses (and in extension injuries).

If someone wants to RP as being ill then they're able, that's what roleplay is for. There are plenty of IC avenues already in place to get diagnosed and treated already without the need of extra development time or specific commands in place.

I'm probably not alone in thinking that the idea of a "pandemic" system where everyone could get infected and suffer an illness might not go over well with people, especially since we're still in the aftermath of a recent worldwide pandemic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Chunder said:

If someone wants to RP as being ill then they're able, that's what roleplay is for. There are plenty of IC avenues already in place to get diagnosed and treated already without the need of extra development time or specific commands in place.

-1 to this, as I agree with @Chunder that people are not limited due to the fact they can RP their illness, in a large MLO hospital and with many anim's to support this. As a medic who is in AMU, I always wish for more advanced medical RP. But, often people say in /b "I have to go" or they just don't wanna do it. If people want to RP medical injuries, the RP it. 

@Ash is an example of this, as he went through a large medical injury by losing his leg. He used furniture, anim's and RP with MD to roleplay this leg being gone. 
@Astrx is another example, roleplaying head contusion. Taking medical leave from work to do this, taking the time to do some create roleplay. 

@Chunder Is another example. She has roleplayed being in a wheel chair for a week, broken arms for a week and even had her neck broken for a month. Nothing stopping her from doing this. 

I could provide more examples, but I don't wanna make this too long. 

2 hours ago, Chunder said:

I'm probably not alone in thinking that the idea of a "pandemic" system where everyone could get infected and suffer an illness might not go over well with people, especially since we're still in the aftermath of a recent worldwide pandemic.

People play this game to get away from the real world. Roleplaying a pandemic or serious injuries is something not everyone wishes to do. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Herbo said:

COUNTER-SUGGESTION

A suggestion I've heard lots of people talk about it whether it's through TS or just conversations in general is if someone from MD or someone from the server released an MD "RP Guide", that describes some common situations that happen and potential injuries and how to RP them. I know this would be an absolute pain in the ass, but I think it could help people better RP injuries for everyone to get more immerse RP. 

I really think this is a good idea too, while this discussion is mainly about the addition to an interesting script, something like this will allow other players, if they wish, to take the time and understand what their likely injuries would be after a situation, as you mentioned, like being shot or punched to car crashes and illness. It would be useful and nice to see people enhance their RP.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Herbo said:

RP Guide",

Also, it's easy to go criticising macro RP from MDs side but that works both ways, when a huge chunk of people don't go to the effort of doing more than /do broken arm or a few bruises. The creativity is on the victim of the injury not the medic, they respond to what rp you generate.

As mentioned in above replies, if you put the effort in to create more unique scenarios, MD usually always go with it if they can. All it took was me to do a quick /pm to the medic on scene that I'm going down the route of losing the leg for them to adapt and work on a neat storyline with me on treatment, surgery, aftercare etc that generated literally months of RP.

Overall the issues presented In this thread are an issue with people's lack of effort and RP when it comes to medical RP. Would a bit of better script support be cool in enhancing it, absolutely for example /mywounds is very bad and barely functions as a guide to work from. But ultimately I wouldn't say it should be a priority of development when it can be improved by people just roleplaying at a better quality.

Also, I am sure MD leadership and/or legal faction management would like to hear if someone from MDs side is not providing adequate RP from the medical side

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Chunder said:

This would be fun however I don't see script support for this necessary. If anything involving script would just complicate the simple method that people can do to RP illnesses (and in extension injuries).

2 hours ago, KimeyBear101 said:

-1 to this, as I agree with @Chunder that people are not limited due to the fact they can RP their illness, in a large MLO hospital and with many anim's to support this. As a medic who is in AMU, I always wish for more advanced medical RP. But, often people say in /b "I have to go" or they just don't wanna do it. If people want to RP medical injuries, the RP it. 

While I definitely agree that people can RP injuries or illnesses that their character has and that has always been and option, there isn't much of it. This suggestion is to enhance RP with script support, allowing those who wish to RP in this way some interesting and realistically unpredictable events which cause them to enter an unexpected yet welcome RP scenario with whoever is around them, while also allowing those who are not as confident in taking steps to RP their characters more seriously with medical conditions the chance to do so with full support of the server, making it a less daunting thing to undertake. 

To relate to another field, DOC. While people are ABLE to RP with their characters in prison, a huge amount of the community have asked for and often demanded more script support to allow them to enjoy DOC and the RP within. This isn't because they can't RP, it's because there is no incentive to. Now relating that to my suggestion, being able to RP injuries is one thing, "/me feels faint..." or something and then "/anim passout" but having your character do that on their own immerses you into thinking, "Wow, my character is actually ill." Making you engage more with your character and therefore caring for their wellbeing with RP with LSEMS (If you choose that route...).

A big point in my suggestion is that it is optional, if you don't wish to roleplay with this, then don't. If you do, then do. Not being FORCED is a big thing, allowing you to have control of 1. Your character, and 2. Your experience. 

Lastly, regarding pandemic RP, this isn't something I'm suggesting in this, just simply that if the server wanted to push out an RP on a larger scale, they'll have the frame work to do so. This wasn't a stab at the recent worldwide pandemic of the coronavirus, but in a general sense. Additionally, I don't see this being a problem in the future anyway. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1